Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Put your board down' - Weakest Link

Options
  • 22-09-2018 4:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭

Sometimes I feel that the contestants are obliged to carry out her demands. Do they really have to put their boards down when she says so? Could they just say 'no!'? And supposing you said you like to dance as a hobby, how come they all dance and sing for her?

What if you refused to answer her question of "why so and so?". What if you had just asked her a question, and preceded to say "well I asked my question first?", and then refused to answer until she answered?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's okay. You can dance if you want to....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

Goodbye.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Topical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

This is the most important thing right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Nobody has to do anything anymore as this is now ancient history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,193 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If you didn't do as Ann asked you'd want to be prepared to be neutered.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Something is never quite right about watching repeats of quiz shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Sometimes I feel that the contestants are obliged to carry out her demands. Do they really have to put their boards down when she says so? Could they just say 'no!'? And supposing you said you like to dance as a hobby, how come they all dance and sing for her?

What if you refused to answer her question of "why so and so?". What if you had just asked her a question, and preceded to say "well I asked my question first?", and then refused to answer until she answered?

Indeed OP, indeed.

These are the kind of questions that niggle me so much, I lie awake at night going over them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I haven't watched that in years. I remember one episode where she had a go at a woman for wearing a scarf on her head. It was blatantly obvious the woman was hiding her head because of chemotherapy. There was another episode where she said something like "look at me when I'm talking to you" to a blind man.

As I said I haven't watched it in years. Are they still making new episodes?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The walk of shame

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Resverathrole

Nobody has to do anything anymore as this is now ancient history.
    But what if it wasn't?

If you didn't do as Ann asked you'd want to be prepared to be neutered.
    But in reality, nothing would happen.

She's entitled to take a condescending stab at me by asking me what I do, and making fun of it, but how can you not be made a fool of if you're told to "put your board down"?

I'd just say no, and then that might make it a bit awkward. Perhaps she'd try and poke more fun at me, and that'd be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Back around the height of the Weakest Link's popularity I would have definitely given Anne one.

Probably a bit too wrinkly and fragile now.

Anne was like a strict school teacher

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Isn’t the weakest link over for the last 6 or 7 years?
    branie2 wrote: »
    Anne was like a strict school teacher

Hard to take her seriously, she’s looked ridiculous at a few stages depending on the level of plastic surgery involved.

Back around the height of the Weakest Link's popularity I would have definitely given Anne one.

Probably a bit too wrinkly and fragile now.
    What?

She was never really sexy by any means!

colm_mcm wrote: »
    she’s looked ridiculous at a few stages depending on the level of plastic surgery involved.
    No way!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

verycool wrote: »
    Goodbye.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

No way!

Quote half my sentence and take the context out, good lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Anne Robinson: Why are you wearing such a horrible shirt?

Me: It's actually a very nice shirt. Anyway, Anne, why did you lose custody of your daughter? Oh yes, it's because you were getting through a bottle of vodka every day and couldn't look after yourself, let alone a child.

• Advertisement

But seriously. What would happen?

verycool wrote: »
    Goodbye.
    test

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

It must have happened at some stage, although they could have cut it out I guess. I never really watched it though, she was just really offputting

It must have happened at some stage, although they could have cut it out I guess. I never really watched it though, she was just really offputting
    Well that's why I watched it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

This b***h is a c**t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Paddy Cow wrote: »

I'd say he rode the hole off her afterwards.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I loved the Weakest Link back in the day, thought Anne was very funny and I'm enjoying the daily repeats on TG4!

Anyway, to answer the OP's question, I recall reading an interview with a contestant and they said if you tried sparring with Anne they'd edit it out of the show. It was mostly in good fun anyway, Anne was never too harsh on many contestants.

Remember the Irish version presented by Eamonn Dunphy on TV3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

God, The Weakest Link. I remember watching that while eating pot noodle when I was in college.....back in the middle ages.

Advertisement