Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pathetic double standards caused world war 2

Options
  • 21-09-2018 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Britain and France carved up the world but when Germany and Italy decided to join in on the game, declare war! Fascists are the enemy! But it's ok for us to pillage and steal resources from half of the world we conquered but don't you dare do the same! It's only allowed for us. Absolutely pathetic response. It was okay for Britain to colonize everything in sight but not for Germans. See the double standard here. Could make an arguments that Hitler slaughtered Jews but UK and france declared war before they even knew that there were mass exterminations.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Read a book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Mrhuth

Your Face wrote: »
    Read a book.

Ego boost liker first post. I've read your post history. I'm sure getting thanks on your posts increase your life value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Bedrest and give up youtube 4-6 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,559 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Yeah but its Friday afternoon. Weekend starts here.... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

History is written by the winners.

Germany got their empire in the end however.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Mrhuth wrote: »
    Britain and France carved up the world but when Germany and Italy decided to join in on the game, declare war! Fascists are the enemy! But it's ok for us to pillage and steal resources from half of the world we conquered but don't you dare do the same! It's only allowed for us. Absolutely pathetic response. It was okay for Britain to colonize everything in sight but not for Germans. See the double standard here. Could make an arguments that Hitler slaughtered Jews but UK and france declared war before they even knew that there were mass exterminations.

U ok hun ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

They were warned not to invade Poland and that’s why England & France declared war.

Also, what do you mean by us??

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Nice. So the After Hours hot-takes have finally got to the 'Nazis were the good guys actually' part.

Give it a few weeks and we'll be reading about how the Brits were only defending themselves during Bloody Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Your Face wrote: »
    Read a book.

maybe start with something simple, like baby's day out or something

• Advertisement

They were warned not to invade Poland and that’s why England & France declared war.

Also, what do you mean by us??

What about UK invading Africa, Asian countries like Singapore and Hong Kong? That's fine then? Because no one warned them. Germany just wanted to get in on the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What about UK invading Africa, Asian countries like Singapore and Hong Kong? That's fine then? Because no one warned them. Germany just wanted to get in on the game.

Did you know Hitler was a vegetarian? Really makes you think, when you think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

wexie wrote: »
    maybe start with something simple, like baby's day out or something
    Mein Kampf is a real page turner

Nice. So the After Hours hot-takes have finally got to the 'Nazis were the good guys actually' part.

Give it a few weeks and we'll be reading about how the Brits were only defending themselves during Bloody Sunday.

Britain had the largest empire the world has ever seen and no one stopped then to pillage and take resources. Look at Britain now, massive 65 million population and an economic powerhouse. Compare Britain and Ireland and you'll see what I mean. A town in UK is bigger than a city in Ireland.

Did you know Hitler was a vegetarian? Really makes you think, when you think about it.

Yes I know, you can tell a lot about a person's character by the way he treats animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Britain had the largest empire the world has ever seen and no one stopped then to pillage and take resources. Look at Britain now, massive 65 million population and an economic powerhouse. Compare Britain and Ireland and you'll see what I mean. A town in UK is bigger than a city in Ireland.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭judestynes

Wrong war dude... that was world war 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

... Africa, Asian countries like Singapore and Hong Kong? .... Germany just wanted to get in on the game.
    Eh, the Deutsches Reich had already been in those areas for 50ish years.

Yunno, history, facts - though you probably would need to read a book for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

This thread is prime example why history should be taught in schools. As stated by one of posters earlier WW1 was started mostly because desire to get colonies. One of main reasons for WW2 were probably reparations Germany had to pay. Similar mistake was avoided after WW2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I think you'll find that both Germany and Italy had African colonies in the 1800's

• Advertisement

I think you'll find that both Germany and Italy had African colonies in the 1800's

Italy and Germany were both split into bunch of small states till the second half of 19th century so they did miss most of colony grabbing. WW1 started as a land grab and Italy was actually awarded some lands to switch sides.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

meeeeh wrote: »
    This thread is prime example why history should be taught in schools. As stated by one of posters earlier WW1 was started mostly because desire to get colonies.

That wouldn't really be my view on things. Colonies largely already existed at this point. WW1 started mainly because of a series of interlocking treaties and alliances were activated like dominos after the issues in the Balkans.

Amirani wrote: »
    That wouldn't really be my view on things. Colonies largely already existed at this point. WW1 started mainly because of a series of interlocking treaties and alliances were activated like dominos after the issues in the Balkans.

Bosnia was a spark for something that was cooking for decades. Nobody would go to a destructive 4 year war just to control an underdeveloped area smaller than Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Could make an arguments that Hitler slaughtered Jews...

Yep, ya certainly could.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Pelvis wrote: »
    Yep, ya certainly could.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

meeeeh wrote: »
    This thread is prime example why history should be taught in schools. As stated by one of posters earlier WW1 was started mostly because desire to get colonies. One of main reasons for WW2 were probably reparations Germany had to pay. Similar mistake was avoided after WW2.

History is taught in schools.

It is no longer compulsory subject for Junior Cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Optional subject these days for 5th and 6th years. Maybe even 2nd and 3rd but Im not sure on that point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Yes I know, you can tell a lot about a person's character by the way he treats animals.

Well he was a veteran aryan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Ego boost liker first post. I've read your post history. I'm sure getting thanks on your posts increase your life value.

Haha. Thanks, I genuinely laughed at that.

Advertisement