Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Twilight Zone Revival - CBS All Access (**Spoilers**)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

Clearly they weren't all evil though as you saw how some were unaffected and helping? The point of that episode was not 'all men are evil' but more that a catalyst could cause mob behaviour in certain circumstances. It was also reminiscent of 'The Screwfly Solution' to an extent.

This weeks episode was reasonably good, always nice to see James Frain in a role and although in no way unpredictable (and probably a little on-the-nose, like most of this series) it was better than average for this run.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Glad you a woke.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,255 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Some atrocious episodes in this season - The Comedian/Not All Men/Replay/A Traveller/The Blue Scorpion, maybe 3 that were fairly decent
    Doesn't seem to have the panache of the original series

Final episode is a really good one - classic Twilight Zone

I enjoyed the season finale meta episode.

Overall a poor season to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

Very meta indeed. Definitely one of the better episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

DenMan wrote: »
    Geekown have announced that 'The Twilight Zone' is to start on Tuesday February 25th at 02:00 and be repreated at 9pm (same day) on Syfy. Really looking forward to it.

https://www.geektown.co.uk/2020/02/07/syfy-sets-february-uk-premiere-date-for-jordan-peeles-the-twilight-zone/

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I just finished season 1. I always liked watching The Twilight Zone during the early hours of the morning (along with The Outer Limits) and have been doing so for the past week. I found it a bit hit and miss. The tone of the episodes were good but lacking in execution a bit. I really enjoyed Nightmare at 30,000 Feet, Replay and A Traveller. I didn't mind the social commentary too much. The Twilight Zone always had something to say about the state of the world (the original wasn't as overt though). There was just about enough there to make me watch season 2.

The cast was pretty good. I really enjoyed hearing James Morrison's voice on The Blue Scorpion episode. He worked with James Wong and Glen Morgan on Space: Above and Beyond. Not sure I've seen him in anything since then.

Looks bigger - hope the episodes are better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭LazySamaritan

Any chance of season one coming to Netflix or Prime?

A few episodes in and far better than season one

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Any chance of season one coming to Netflix or Prime?

I wouldn't say so. Season 1 is on Now TV. At least it was when I watched it,

Well after watching the whole season..

Every episode is a story you have already seen with no real twist to make it different - Black Mirror and Inside No 9 have done this better

That said, whilst not on par with the original series, it is a step up from the reboots first series and was an enjoyable enough watch to pass a few hours when there isn't much else out there at the moment
    The acting and scenery etc cannot be faulted (even the CGI wasn't terrible for a TV show) - shame about the stories themselves

I’ve watched the first 4 and found them just alright however there seems to be a common thread running through each episode with regards to voices that will hopefully get played out by the end of the season somehow.

Ok I enjoyed the Damon Waynes episode and final episode thee rest were very meh really.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The second season of The Twilight Zone will receive its UK premiere on Sky One on Tuesday October 6th at 10pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Never knew about the new series, loved TZ as a kid, must check this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

"Not All Men" episode was a direct copy of the Masters Of Horror episode "The Screwfly Solution". Both were poor

Advertisement