Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday to Florida which Waterford Travel Agent or book yourself

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

There aren't any villa communities near Universal, the closest communities to Disney are in the Formosa Gardens area, Windsor Hills, Rolling Hills, Oak Island Cove, Sunset Lakes, Emerald Island, Indian Creek & Lindfields, this is the area we prefer, these are all just off highway 192 & close to restaurants & supermarkets all within a few minutes drive but nothing really walkable, Disney is 15/20 minutes away, few villa's will have anything within walking distance, at the end of 192 you come to a junction with Highway 27, many villa communities north & south of the junction on 27 too but obviously a bit further from Disney

I've heard good things about the Champions Gate area but have no personal knowledge or recommendation but may be worth checking out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

I've done a fair bit of DIY travelling but in 2012 we booked with Tour America as we were doing multi stops and my head was fried trying to sort it out myself. Went Toronto / Vegas / NY and then a 9 day cruise out of NY to the Caribbean, 3 weeks all told. When I priced the exact same itinerary that she gave us online they were working out just under €1100 EACH on what I could have done it for myself.

As it happened the 9 day cruise turned into 14 days as we got caught up in Hurricane Sandy and got stuck at sea outside NY. When we landed on the Friday morning it took one phone call (at 8am Eastern time so about 3 in the morning here) and they rang us back with a choice of two return travel arrangements. We jumped at the first available one and they had it sorted in minutes which was a major achievement given that the place was in chaos with all airports closed all week.

Been to America a couple of times since and have always used them since. You can't pay enough for peace of mind.

Just my tuppence worth...

How much did it cost you for that 3 week trip? Myself and partner are considering going to Florida later this year, or even like you described, hit a few different places. I really like the sounds of Vegas/NY/Orlando. Where would be the best site to get a decent deal for such a trip (3 weeks or so) preferably a site where you can pay as you go.

Advertisement