Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dated a blow in on tinder. Now thinking of flying over to see her.

Options
  • 19-09-2018 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

So for some thick reason I liked a girl on tinder who was just in the city for a week. Irish girl working overseas but back home visiting. I don't usually get involved with short term or "blow ins", but she was super hot so I just had to and we ended up matching.

Anyway we got on great, met a few days during the week. I know everyone says this but we clicked. Really liked eachother. She's wifey material this one...

Anyway she's gone back overseas, 1hr flight away. And she wants me to come.

How mad would it be to start something like this? Anyone have any experience in this? Good or bad?

I'd love it to work out somehow, just don't know how.

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Can you easily afford the flights? If so, go for it.

Worst case scenario it fizzles out after a few months or so and you've got some fond memories of a hot romance.

Best case scenario you make something durable work long term.

If you don't at least try, I think you'll always wonder if this could have been more than it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

One hour flight? So like London? Totally doable. As long as there's commitment and good communication on both sides.

For now, don't see the harm in meeting up with her and seeing if there's anything there beyond a fling. Worst case you get to date a hot girl for a few weeks/months!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

OP here. No idea what happened to my title. It's supposed to say "blow in".

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

1 hr flight is not overseas 😂😠👎
    You could be dating someone other side of country and could take longer to get there, go for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Unanimous

give it a try, no harm!
    as long as you being invited, go for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

The Bus to Greystones is over an hour.

An hr flight is nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

Ah sure if anything youll get a few rides out:pac: . Go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭LolaJJ

1 Hour flight!!

I spend longer driving home from work!!!

Go for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

What are you waiting for, OP - Christmas?? If the lady is in the UK (sounds like it if it's only an hour's flight), then what harm in visiting her? My now husband and I did that for a couple of years before we married and I moved here:)

Flights are cheap enough. You could even go complete gent and book into an AirBnB or cheap B & B if you like. Might be good to stay separately anyway before you decide to take it further - If that's what you'd like.

Go for it! What have you to lose??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Why are you not there right now?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

1 hr flight is not overseas 😂😠👎
    You could be dating someone other side of country and could take longer to get there, go for it

Well a one hour flight isn't really one hour. You have to travel to the airport, wait minimum 30 mins before your flight, then the flight itself, then probably a bus from plane to terminal depending on which airport, then you've to travel from the airport itself to wherever she lives. Depending on each other's proximity to airports it's easily going to be 3 hours or more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

A 1 hour flight takes at least 4 hours in real time so it can't really be compared to a 1 hour bus journey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

There's only one question, why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,739 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Many a person would travel an hour for a blow.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you think she’s worth investing in, then it’s a no-brainer. Plus she’s interested in you coming over. If you don’t at least try, you’ll regret it.

Gentle nudge here to not get distracted by discussion on flying. Keep it relevant to the OP

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Give it a shot. Just have a discussion early on as to what you both think your options are. Eventually, someone has to move. If you are both adamant that you’re not moving, you’ll need to know.

Good luck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭con___manx1

Go for it op you only live once. I guarantee u will regret it otherwise. When i was younger i had a relationship for a few weeks with a french girl. She wanted me to go to france and i didnt go. I regret it to this day : ) dont make the same mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

If you can get a blow for the next few months, what harm if it doesn’t work out long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Life's more fun when you say yes to opportunity , do it .

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Debtocracy

Personally I wouldn’t based on a number of factors:

She wants you to put in the time, money and effort into visiting her but there is no indication she would go to this effort for you. This puts the relationship on an unequal footing from the start.

Her enthusiasm about you visiting may not be all down to you. Some girls like the idea of a guy travelling to see them, it’s more romantic and they can brag about it to their friends.

You’re too emotionally attached to this women after only a few days meeting her (“wifey material”) increasing the chances you'll make a bad decision.

If she lives abroad I’m guessing she lives in a big city and will probably continue to use tinder because of her anonymity. If she is really hot then she will have unlimited options, so is less likely to settle down with a guy she only gets to see a couple of hours every week or two.

If it’s just fun then that’s a different story but I wouldn’t put too much effort into this kind of set-up which fizzles out 90% of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

He said she was hot what more does he need. Balls deep is the only way to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I've a friend with a story a bit like this. She met an English man who was over in Dublin for a stag weekend and they started travelling over and back to visit each other. Or as they said at their wedding, they should've bought shares in Ryanair. They're still married 10 years on and are living in the UK. She moved (obviously) but that was something they'd agreed on long before the wedding.

There's nothing wrong with giving it a go. If nothing else, you'll never have that "What if?" question in your mind. Long distance relationships are tough though but I think you know that already. There's also the question of who is going to move if it lasts the distance. If you don't see yourself moving and she doesn't plan on coming back, then you should cut your losses early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

Debtocracy wrote: »
    Personally I wouldn’t based on a number of factors:

She wants you to put in the time, money and effort into visiting her but there is no indication she would go to this effort for you. This puts the relationship on an unequal footing from the start.

Her enthusiasm about you visiting may not be all down to you. Some girls like the idea of a guy travelling to see them, it’s more romantic and they can brag about it to their friends.

You’re too emotionally attached to this women after only a few days meeting her (“wifey material”) increasing the chances you'll make a bad decision.

If she lives abroad I’m guessing she lives in a big city and will probably continue to use tinder because of her anonymity. If she is really hot then she will have unlimited options, so is less likely to settle down with a guy she only gets to see a couple of hours every week or two.

If it’s just fun then that’s a different story but I wouldn’t put too much effort into this kind of set-up which fizzles out 90% of the time.

Jaysus mate lighten up! Must be fierce depressing going through life with this level of distrust in women.

There's absolutely no indication this woman wouldn't go to this effort for him either. And most women have unlimited tinder options, doesn't mean they have no feelings and aren't prone to falling for someone either. Which sounds like is what's happening here, hence the invite.

Helps to think of us as just as human as you lot, albeit with boobs and added oestrogen ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

So for some thick reason I liked a girl on tinder who was just in the city for a week. Irish girl working overseas but back home visiting. I don't usually get involved with short term or "blow ins", but she was super hot so I just had to and we ended up matching.

Anyway we got on great, met a few days during the week. I know everyone says this but we clicked. Really liked eachother. She's wifey material this one...

Anyway she's gone back overseas, 1hr flight away. And she wants me to come.

How mad would it be to start something like this? Anyone have any experience in this? Good or bad?

I'd love it to work out somehow, just don't know how.

I did the same years ago and it was a 4 hour flight away. 4 years later we are happily married.

Its not easy but it can work, you wont know unless you try. It is however expensive as you both have to regularly travel to see each other which can add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭heretothere

Go for it! From what I can see, you don't have a lot to lose and potentially a lot to gain.

Advertisement