Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working as Dentist in Ireland

Options
  • 18-09-2018 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello, I have completed my Bachelor of Dental Science this year from India & registered with Dental Council of India. I live in Ireland as my husband work here, my problem statement is as follows -

- I am not eligible to take exam to be registered for Dental Council of Ireland as I dont have sufficient work experience.
    - I thought of attending a PgDip or Masters Course in Trinity College but they are also looking for registration with DCI. So, I cant attend any PgDip Course.
    - As I am not registered with DCI I can not take a job to get work experience.

I have studied very hard & achieved my degree with First Class honors from a reputed Indian University, so dont want to give up my career. My husband is in leadership position & have stakes in one of the Irish tech company so he can not move to India.

What can be done so that I can build my career as a Dentist? Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
    Is there a course I can take which does not need registration with DCI but attending that course make me eligible with DCI?
    Note - Can't redo 5 year Bachelors again

thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 vinayshyam

Hi,

How did you get on with your situation. I'm in the same position please let me know if anything worked out for you.

Thanks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Hi guys, there is a dental issues forum, please post there.

Advertisement