Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Working as Dentist in Ireland

• 18-09-2018 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4 mamnoonhadi

Hello, I have completed my Bachelor of Dental Science this year from India & registered with Dental Council of India. I live in Ireland as my husband work here, my problem statement is as follows -

- I am not eligible to take exam to be registered for Dental Council of Ireland as I dont have sufficient work experience.
    - I thought of attending a PgDip or Masters Course in Trinity College but they are also looking for registration with DCI. So, I cant attend any PgDip Course.
    - As I am not registered with DCI I can not take a job to get work experience.

I have studied very hard & achieved my degree with First Class honors from a reputed Indian University, so dont want to give up my career. My husband is in leadership position & have stakes in one of the Irish tech company so he can not move to India.

What can be done so that I can build my career as a Dentist? Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
    Is there a course I can take which does not need registration with DCI but attending that course make me eligible with DCI?
    Note - Can't redo 5 year Bachelors again

thank you.

Advertisement