Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best setup for flavour from Kayfun prime

• 17-09-2018 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I’m really having trouble getting a good flavour from my prime it is nowhere near as good as my nautilus.

Am I doing something wrong?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

What build have you in there? In the Prime,in fact in most mtl rta's I prefer a Kanthal or SS ohming out at about 0.6,running at 20/25 W and same wattage and about 420F in TC.
    That setup gives me a satisfying throat hit even with low nic content and the flavour is on point.

One other thing, slightly spaced coils work better and a 3mm ID is ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

What build have you in there? In the Prime,in fact in most mtl rta's I prefer a Kanthal or SS ohming out at about 0.6,running at 20/25 W and same wattage and about 420F in TC.
    That setup gives me a satisfying throat hit even with low nic content and the flavour is on point.

Thanks for the reply, I’ve mainly been using 1 - 1.6 coils

I didn’t know if my wicking was wrong, I’ll have another go with a lower ohm coil and see how I get on.

Maybe it's just me but I get much better performance from lower builds in mtl rta's, I suppose it's all trial and error but give a lower build a try and let us know how it goes for you.

Maybe it's just me but I get much better performance from lower builds in mtl rta's, I suppose it's all trial and error but give a lower build a try and let us know how it goes for you.

I might have used lower ohms in the beginning (a year ago) and you have reminded me that the flavour was probably better, I think I tried higher ohms to try and conserve liquid.

I’ll let you know how I get on.

• Advertisement

Another thing to consider is that with lower builds for mtl at slightly higher power you'll probably need less nic in your juice for that throat hit. I'll use 6 or even 3 with these builds in a 50/50 mix and it's perfect, the flavour profile of the juice is also maintained with less nic I find.

Another thing to consider is that with lower builds for mtl at slightly higher power you'll probably need less nic in your juice for that throat hit. I'll use 6 or even 3 with these builds in a 50/50 mix and it's perfect, the flavour profile of the juice is also maintained with less nic I find.

I actually do use 50/50 3mg already, I got myself off the higher nicotine quite soon as I wanted to wean myself off ASAP.

monkeynuz wrote:
    I actually do use 50/50 3mg already, I got myself off the higher nicotine quite soon as I wanted to wean myself off ASAP.

Then I'd imagine a lower build,0.6/7 would give you a comfortable vape, start at about 20W and see how it goes.

Advertisement