Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2018 - Round 15 – Singapore

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,052 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Vettel should be one of the last to finish his lap, going out a bit late. A lot of time to find

• Registered Users Posts: 15,657 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Can Vettel or Kimi step up and match or beat Lewis's lap? We are about to find out.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

AMKC wrote: »
    Can Vettel or Kimi step up and match or beat Lewis's lap? We are about to find out.

Impossible

Toto looking unhappy now

No one improving really, strange

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

....and there ends the championship me thinks :(:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭CFlat

Like him or loath him, Lewis Hamilton really is a force to be reckoned with in a F1 car.

Ms

Very disappointing and dull end to Q3. What happened to Ferrari. Max Versttappen in 2nd ahead of both Ferrari's.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,176 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

2011 wrote: »
    ....and there ends the championship me thinks :(:mad:

Max could wipe out Lewis into turn 1.

It is a tough enough street circuit, long race, so plenty for Hamilton still to do. Good to see Verstappen up there, hopefully it goes better than last year

Ms

Burkie1203 wrote: »

That's what I was thinking too. But to be honest if Lewis wins tomorrow it was because Ferrari got it wrong and because Vettel has messed up as well a few times this year. Hamilton even missed finishing a race because of mechanical problems and yet he is still in the lead for the WDC. I don't think there is going to be another major mechanical failure at Mercedes this year so if Hamilton wins tomorrow Vettel can say bye bye to his changes of winning this years WDC and becoming a 5 time WDC. It will be Hamilton's. This year's title has been Vettel and Ferrari's to win but instead they are losing it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Couldn't see vettel on pole, even after FP3 . Not sure why. I do still think it is his race tomorrow. Didn't count on Max doing so well. Good P2. Could be a good race start.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ImAHappyCamper

Ominous signs for Ferrari. Safety car,which is highly likely here and creating havoc,is their only hope of winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Can't really wrap my head around Hamilton's lap - and the fact it was an one-off, he was unable to repeat the performance. If this was 35-40 years ago, I'd be sure he somehow cut a corner and got away with it being off-camera, but with today's telemetry it is impossible. A textbook case of putting together the perfect lap (especially since normally there aren't 0.7 secs between him and Bottas). Verstappen did more or less the same - again he was unable to repeat the performance.

It'll be interesting to see the race tomorrow, I have a feeling the top 3-4 might stay together for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭Inviere

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Can't really wrap my head around Hamilton's lap - and the fact it was an one-off, he was unable to repeat the performance

Neither Verstappen nor Vettel improved on their second run either. It was a sensational lap indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Incredible lap from Lewis, but how often have we seen an amazing pole lap in quali, only for it all to go wrong on race day? Just have a feeling there's going to be some drama for Hamilton tomorrow.

Just have a feeling there's going to be some drama for Hamilton tomorrow.

Maximum drama....

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Yes, I was hoping thinking that.

Max will know that if he does not beat Lewis off the line he has very little chance of beating him in the race. As we all know Max is not the type to sit back and settle for 2nd place. If there is ½ a chance to overtake he will go for it even if the chances of remaining in the race are slim.

2011 wrote: »
    Yes, I was hoping thinking that.

Max will know that if he does not beat Lewis off the line he has very little chance of beating him in the race. As we all know Max is not the type to sit back and settle for 2nd place. If there is ½ a chance to overtake he will go for it even if the chances of remaining in the race are slim.

The only thing is, Sebastian will be thinking the exact same thing. Seb will be gunning for a very early pass, so as not to let Lewis eek out a gap. Max will have to keep one eye ahead, and one eye in the mirror

Inviere wrote: »
    The only thing is, Sebastian will be thinking the exact same thing. Seb will be gunning for a very early pass, so as not to let Lewis eek out a gap. Max will have to keep one eye ahead, and one eye in the mirror

True.

Lewis can afford to finish 2nd or 3rd, Vettel really has to win to keep his championship alive. Max has nothing to loose and everything to gain by taking a risk. I suspect that the Ferrari will be the fastest car in the actual race, but this may not be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Maybe Max will do a Kvyat torpedo. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

It was at this very stage last year Vettel’s championship hopes imploded, and the coffin nailed shut in Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I'd like to see this championship settled on the track and not by drivers wrecking others drivers.

If I was Hamilton I'd be very worried about Verstappen starting beside me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Hopefully Max does what he did last year and takes somebody out first corner. Just hopefully this time it's Lewis and not Seb.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'm calling the result, 1 Verstappen, 2 Hamilton, 3 Vettel

Ms

Vettel to win, Kimi second and Bottas or Riccardo in 3rd

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

1 Hamilton
    2. Vettel
    3. Bottas

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Perez punted Ocon into the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

SC, I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭CFlat

Great move by Vettel.

• Advertisement
    Ms

Oh Safety car already one of the Force India's and Vettel is up to second go Vettel.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement