Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRISH TRAVELLERS - GALWAY CITY CONFERENCE 12th Sep 2018

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Just caught the intro to the one o'clock news to hear some guy in Galway say that other travellers have got space for their horses.

I don't wish to see anyone live is squalor but it's a bit hard to take them seriously sometimes when they believe they feel entitled to keep horses. I live in an apartment block and I can't even keep a cat but these ppl have horses. Horses like.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

BBFAN wrote: »
    Doesn't make my blood boil in the slightest, it makes perfect sense.

I would much prefer that the state was providing halting sites than social housing for these people.

We have to be pragmatic about these things. Not emotionally driven.
    Or parked at the side of the road as they are beside our estate

Juran wrote: »
    I have no problem with halting sites (as long as they are not near me) - but ONLY after the the disabled, elderly and low incoming working families are FIRST housed and looked after by the state. Galway city council owns a big site in Galway city (knocknacarra area). They paid 10 million for it less than 10 years ago and they were proposing to build a halting site on it. €10 million of prime city land -  I kid you not. I believe the idea has been scrapped due to an outcry, and the land will be used for social & affordable housing.

Where do the unemployed come on your list?
    Do disabled people get housed before elderly?

Advertisement