Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civilian Big Brother UK 2018 (1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,989 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

i just.

ah fcuk this.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭kittensmittens

End of an Era folks...18 years and enjoyed them all
    But what made BB in the last few years has been this thread.
    Fair play to yis all, yis bunch of mad feckers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

I’m not crying, I’m leaking..

As ****e as this series of B.B. was. It’s the best program as far as reality tv goes..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

And for the final time......

For anyone that missed it:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

My internet went yesterday evening while catching up, missed the final, but we all knew Cameron had it, more gutted about missing the thread.

Surely someone will pick it up! Or we will just shoot our own boards version, live stream to Youtube :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Certainly some of the regulars stayed up late to say farewell. It looked like the type of thing where someone suggests "Hey we should all get tattoos" The end of an era, feel sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,241 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

job seeker wrote: »

As ****e as this series of B.B. was. It’s the best program as far as reality tv goes..

You want a tenuwine pad :p

• Registered Users Posts: 85,241 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

job seeker wrote: »

You want a tenuwine pad :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Well having read he thread and knew who would win anyway, is there any point in watching it now.

I'm thinking if I don't, I can always say that BB never ended for me, there will be one last episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Kolido wrote: »
    Well having read he thread and knew who would win anyway, is there any point in watching it now.

I'm thinking if I don't, I can always say that BB never ended for me, there will be one last episode.

They had a couple of nice video packages of the memories, watching BOTS ended me though. It was totes emosh

• Advertisement

skipper_G wrote: »
    They had a couple of nice video packages of the memories, watching BOTS ended me though. It was totes emosh

Ah man, don't be doing this to me, now I'll have to go and watch it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Adamocovic wrote: »
    My internet went yesterday evening while catching up, missed the final, but we all knew Cameron had it, more gutted about missing the thread.

Surely someone will pick it up! Or we will just shoot our own boards version, live stream to Youtube :P
    I'll be out the first week. Or removed for trying to smother any whingey git's in their sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I'll be out the first week. Or removed for trying to smother any whingey git's in their sleep.

I'd be jumping into some inflatable pool from Argos outside in the lashing rain, trying to convince people to get in the "hot tub" with me. Akeem 2.0

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Genuinely sad that it's over :(

I feel like all the BBs have been like bookmarks in my life.

I can tell you exactly what was going on in my life when Nikki Graham was in there. I can tell you exactly what was going on in my life when Maxwell and Saskia were in there. I could go on all day about my most memorable housemates but I won't.

Goodbye BB :( thanks for the laughs, tears and shocks :(

You'll be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,912 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

xzanti wrote: »

I can tell you exactly what was going on in my life when Nikki Graham was in there. I can tell you exactly what was going on in my life when Maxwell and Saskia were in there. I could go on all day about my most memorable housemates but I won't.

You'll be missed.
    I am a bit like that as well :(

I can remember back to when Nadia won it felt like such a big moment... also i was in a cottage in Donegal off my chops on magic mushrooms.....lol...long story.

This thread has been such a good giggle, lots of great posters and no oul rubbish about the other issues of the day.

When Big brother is raised from the grave/rises like a phoenix from the flames I look forward to chatting to all you lovely people again :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

4408216-6186985-image-a-76_1537398523331.jpg

Good Night Sweet prince...

I'll Never forget you...

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

xzanti wrote: »

You'll be missed.

Me too!

I missed a few years when it went from C4 to C5 before TV3 picked it up, but the earlier years still act as 'bookmarks' for me. If I hear '2004', I immediately go to whatever BB was that year to get a 'feel' for how the year was...ah, BB5 was a hoot, wasn't it, when you come to think of it?

For me the show was brilliant, but perhaps even more so, the fun to be had on the Channel 4 Forums, the much smaller but wonderful BBFans, and even to a lesser extent Digitalspy was legendary.

Remember - we didn't have Youtube, Facebook, Twitter - or even Gogglebox back then! So to be able to be online with others and have great banter really made BB fans feel like a community. Some of the other posters have become friends for life (as HMs like to say).

I have taken phrases into my vocab from BB back in the day, and my worry is now, as an aul wan in my late 50's who doesn't watch TOWIE/Love Island/Chelsea/Geordie...how will I know how the youngsters speak these days?

I remember when 'at the end of the day' was a new phrase, then 'it is what it is' and this year 'a beef ting'. :D

I think Akeem and Cian may be able to capitalise on their success in the house. Akeem might get a wee job on TV or summat - certainly both lads didn't let themselves down in the house, and hopefully it will stand to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

Bit of a drab ending, Cameron was destined for it. At least Akeem beat all the people who hated him. I know Zoe never hated him, she just didn't know he was alive until a load of people left!

Hopefully BB gets picked up, maybe after a year or so

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

BazBox wrote: »
    Bit of a drab ending, Cameron was destined for it. At least Akeem beat all the people who hated him. I know Zoe never hated him, she just didn't know he was alive until a load of people left!

Hopefully BB gets picked up, maybe after a year or so

Yep, the consensus seems to be it ended up as a bit of an anti-climax. You can now understand Endemol's desperation to shepherd Lewis F for Führer into the final. But if it was a drab ending, it was a highly enjoyable series. No showmances, no scuzzy reality stars. Good fun and I look forward to the next one.

And it will get picked up. It's a proven ratings winner, in the UK and globally. It was Channel 5's highest rated programme every year, that's why Endemol were able to charge them £40m a year to air it.

I hope Netflix doesn't get it, as they will bleed viewers to watch it. Free-to-air channels make their money through advertising. High ratings means high rates for advertisers to get their commercials aired during it. Netflix will obviously air it to their subscriber base (I'm not a subscriber), but where does that leave the rest of us?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,434 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Not going to lie, just glad to be able to go to bed before 11pm for the first time in weeks!

Onto MasterChef tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

antodeco wrote: »
    Not going to lie, just glad to be able to go to bed before 11pm for the first time in weeks!

Onto MasterChef tonight!

AMEN! The 10pm/10.15pm start was too late..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,807 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Confession...I was on the wine last night! Was celebrating finally becoming a homeowner after a long hard slog of saving and trying to live within my means.
    So I didn’t get to see the final, said I’d stay away from all social media....sure few glass of wine and I was on the thread to find out. The irony, the latest I’ve been up mid week posting on the thread with not watching any of it!!’

In work then today extremely extremely seedy.
    And cranky

See you all on I’m a celeb!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Rfrip wrote: »
    Confession...I was on the wine last night! Was celebrating finally becoming a homeowner after a long hard slog of saving and trying to live within my means.
    So I didn’t get to see the final, said I’d stay away from all social media....sure few glass of wine and I was on the thread to find out. The irony, the latest I’ve been up mid week posting on the thread with not watching any of it!!’

And cranky

Congrats and every good wish in your new home!

I'm only an occasional BB watcher, but loved the threads when I did watch.
    Heartbroken when I could no longer watch Rylan! I hope he will be back.

Hugs all around to all of you, you're a great bunch of posters, funny and entertaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

!

Congratulations <3 delighted for you!

I've been trying the whole saving for a house thing for many years now but it is not going well, wouldn't mind if I was splashing the cash on a lavish lifestyle, takeaway is just my weakness :pac: well done, it's tough going, you should be proud!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,835 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Congratulations Rfrip !
    Enjoy many years of happiness in your new home!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,807 ✭✭✭Rfrip

neonsofa wrote: »
    Congratulations <3 delighted for you!

I've been trying the whole saving for a house thing for many years now but it is not going well, wouldn't mind if I was splashing the cash on a lavish lifestyle, takeaway is just my weakness :pac: well done, it's tough going, you should be proud!

Aw thanks x tough going is right. Will be doing f all for the next while and it won’t be furnished till 2026 but sure what harm!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

And cranky

self_high_five.gif

Congratulations! It's a tough thing to do so well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Aw thanks x tough going is right. Will be doing f all for the next while and it won’t be furnished till 2026 but sure what harm!!!

Once you have a telly and a couch what more do you need?

Congrats sis <3 Let us know when the housewarming is, I’ll bring the fat frogs! :pac:

Congrats rfrip, finally a bit of good news.

So I take it you'll be having a house warming, right... ;);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

Congrats Rfrip! And in time for Christmas..Enjoy..
    Your timescales for furnishing are realistic though. Moved into mine in 2007 with all bits and pieces. Only getting to decorate properly now:P

When BB returns it's all over to Rfrips house! Parteeeeey!!!

Advertisement