Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaky Bitcoin Blues

1246717

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Irish Kings


    wally1990 wrote: »
    I’ve invested in crypto currencies for the main reason of believing in the technology behind bitcoin and the uses it can bring in the real world in years to come..

    It’s early days and within the next 3-5 years we will probably see monumental movements and strives in the industry.

    At the moment the monetary use of bitcoin Is non existence / pretty much which as I understand is point for this alternative currency , will it ever become a main stream currency ? Probably not ,/ nobody really knows

    or it will take a very long time but we are onto something with the block chain technology

    I do believe that industries will see the potential here and it will disrupt the commercial markets in years to come

    The only thing bitcoin brought to the table was an early implementation of blockchain, and that technology is now available to any and everything else that wants to implement their own much improved version of it. No one needs to use or have bitcoin, people are buying it only for bubble speculation.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭Samsong


    can the doubters tell me how announcements involving partnerships with global multi billion euro companies like the examples provided are scams or pyramid schemes?
    these are just a few examples of many with one particular coin
    genuine question


    https://news.coinsquare.com/business/audit-giant-dnv-gl-partners-blockchain-startup-vechain/

    for those not familiar with dnvgl: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNV_GL

    https://www.pwccn.com/en/press-room/press-releases/pr-150517.html

    https://www.trustnodes.com/2016/09/06/worlds-largest-freight-company-use-blockchain-tech-asset-management

    https://www.investinblockchain.com/vechain-partners-with-nrcc/


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash


    There is no grounded ship there. The probability of the top coins rallying again is higher than them completely tanking to 0.

    I bough this coins with holding them for a fairly long time to see how high they would go, because they have dropped a lot doesn’t change that plan.

    Your total obsession with being anti-cryptos is farcical at this stage.


    The probability of Wicklow winning the AI is more than zero. You could introduce the possibility of a large population, many clubs, and proximity to Dublin as statistical outliers. Yet the probability remains close to zero. Before you'd ever introduce human sentiment into the equation.



    Not sure you get this sort of stuff to be honest.


  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Irish Kings


    Samsong wrote: »
    can the doubters tell me how announcements involving partnerships with global multi billion euro companies like the examples provided are scams or pyramid schemes?
    these are just a few examples of many with one particular coin
    genuine question


    https://news.coinsquare.com/business/audit-giant-dnv-gl-partners-blockchain-startup-vechain/

    for those not familiar with dnvgl: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNV_GL

    https://www.pwccn.com/en/press-room/press-releases/pr-150517.html

    https://www.trustnodes.com/2016/09/06/worlds-largest-freight-company-use-blockchain-tech-asset-management

    all those links are about blockchain, bitcoin is not = blockchain, you don't have to use bitcoin to implement blockchain.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭Samsong


    all those links are about blockchain, bitcoin is not = blockchain, you don't have to use bitcoin to implement blockchain.

    not one of those links has anything to do with bitcoin whatsover.
    at least read one of them


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR


    The probability of Wicklow winning the AI is more than zero. You could introduce the possibility of a large population, many clubs, and proximity to Dublin as statistical outliers. Yet the probability remains close to zero. Before you'd ever introduce human sentiment into the equation.



    Not sure you get this sort of stuff to be honest.

    You can't base cryptocurrency on statistical analysis alone because of last year, the market has had its correction, there are green shoots out there.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash


    JJJJNR wrote: »
    You can't base cryptocurrency on statistical analysis alone because of last year, the market has had its correction, there are green shoots out there.


    Which green shoots? What are we looking at here? A good whitepaper, roadmap, and strong developer team? Usage, path to production, user base?


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭Samsong


    Which green shoots? What are we looking at here? A good whitepaper, roadmap, and strong developer team? Usage, path to production, user base?

    Did you happen to glance at any of the links i posted?
    These are real use cases currently under construction with global players.


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    Which green shoots? What are we looking at here? A good whitepaper, roadmap, and strong developer team? Usage, path to production, user base?

    Why are you so obsessed with dissing cryptocurrency and why do you want it to fall so badly? Its beyond idiotic.


  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Irish Kings


    Samsong wrote: »
    not one of those links has anything to do with bitcoin whatsover.
    at least read one of them

    Exactly, that was the point I was making, read what I posted.


  • Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭Samsong


    Exactly, that was the point I was making, read what I posted.

    Can you run it by me again please. Iv totally nissed your point.


    Just fyi the vechain crypto currency is not a currency. It is a token system in where users of the block chain buy tokens to use it. Vethor. You wont be able to buy a coffee with vechain for example.

    So you are going to totally ignore partnerships with some of the worlds biggest companies in their sectors who have at this stage have already began using vechains blockchain and in the case of Dnvgl actually bought 10% of the company?

    Renault, Louis vutton , BYD ( Chinas highest volume selling ev vehicle manufacturer for 4 years in a row and the worlds highest for 3 years in a row) are just another few who have announced working partnerships with vechain.

    There are also national level partnerships with the Chinese governments in process.

    How you can disregard this even though it is fact and easily verifiable shows you are just here to make uninformed arguments.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash


    Why are you so obsessed with dissing cryptocurrency and why do you want it to fall so badly? Its beyond idiotic.

    The greater fool theory is fascinating.


  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Irish Kings


    Samsong wrote: »
    Can you run it by me again please. Iv totally nissed your point.


    Just fyi the vechain crypto currency is not a currency. It is a token system in where users of the block chain buy tokens to use it. Vethor. You wont be able to buy a coffee with vechain for example.

    So you are going to totally ignore partnerships with some of the worlds biggest companies in their sectors who have at this stage have already began using vechains blockchain and in the case of Dnvgl actually bought 10% of the company?

    Renault, Louis vutton , BYD ( Chinas highest volume selling ev vehicle manufacturer for 4 years in a row and the worlds highest for 3 years in a row) are just another few who have announced working partnerships with vechain.

    There are also national level partnerships with the Chinese governments in process.

    How you can disregard this even though it is fact and easily verifiable shows you are just here to make uninformed arguments.

    Yet again you didn't read what I posted.

    Bitcoin IS NOT REQUIRED FOR ANY OF THIS.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!



    Proof of Stake, Byzantine fault tolerance, least trust models have all been proposed. This stuff isn't new. Merkle Trees have been around since the 70's. The maths behind all this is very simple. It does not scale though.


    Right now no one knows if it will scale. You're being unreasonably dismissive here unless you know things the developers don't.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭Samsong


    Yet again you didn't read what I posted.

    Bitcoin IS NOT REQUIRED FOR ANY OF THIS.

    No bitcoin is not required for this in future but at the minute it is the only thing that matters in crypto. We will hopefully soon see fiat pairings to other coins and the 99% of **** coins die off as we move away from the ridiculously volatile speculation stage.

    By the end of 2019 vechains technology will be installed on at least half a million of byds EVs.

    As part of Chinas "made in china 2025 plan the government have stated that 75% of the national fleet will be domestically produced electric vehicles. There are 300 million vehicles in china.

    I copied and pasted this info on another Chinese partner:

    D.I.G is a government-owned wine importer, responsible for over 30% of China’s wine imports. D.I.G. is owned by the Shanghai Waigaoqiao Free Trade Zone Development subsidiary and hopes to eventually become one of China’s biggest distribution channels for imported physical items.

    An estimated 30,000 counterfeit wine bottles are sold every hour in China. VeChain will be tasked to authenticate and trace winery data from the producers, through the supply chain and eventually to the consumer using smart NFC chips in the wine bottles, to stop this counterfeiting market.


  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Irish Kings


    Samsong wrote: »
    No bitcoin is not required for this

    you're starting to get it.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭Samsong


    you're starting to get it.

    Yes i get it. I may have read it too quickly and started hammering the keyboard!
    My bad. ill admit when im wrong. And i was


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash


    Samsong wrote: »
    No bitcoin is not required for this in future but at the minute it is the only thing that matters in crypto. We will hopefully soon see fiat pairings to other coins and the 99% of **** coins die off as we move away from the ridiculously volatile speculation stage.

    By the end of 2019 vechains technology will be installed on at least half a million of byds EVs.

    As part of Chinas "made in china 2025 plan the government have stated that 75% of the national fleet will be domestically produced electric vehicles. There are 300 million vehicles in china.

    I copied and pasted this info on another Chinese partner:

    D.I.G is a government-owned wine importer, responsible for over 30% of China’s wine imports. D.I.G. is owned by the Shanghai Waigaoqiao Free Trade Zone Development subsidiary and hopes to eventually become one of China’s biggest distribution channels for imported physical items.

    An estimated 30,000 counterfeit wine bottles are sold every hour in China. VeChain will be tasked to authenticate and trace winery data from the producers, through the supply chain and eventually to the consumer using smart NFC chips in the wine bottles, to stop this counterfeiting market.

    What’s a smart NFC chip? And do they propose putting one on every bottle? Lads, vechain is a scam.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭Samsong


    What’s a smart NFC chip? And do they propose putting one on every bottle? Lads, vechain is a scam.



    https://vechaininsider-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/vechaininsider.com/partnerships/a-complete-list-of-vechain-partnerships/amp/?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCCAE=#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://vechaininsider.com/partnerships/a-complete-list-of-vechain-partnerships/


    Put that up your jacksy

    You know nothing about it yet you call all a scam. This is why you were banned from the other thread


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty


    Why are you so obsessed with dissing cryptocurrency and why do you want it to fall so badly? Its beyond idiotic.

    No lad. Buying magic crypto beans at the height of a bubble was idiotic. Insisting on holding them, despite deep down knowing they are worthless is idiotic. Silly decisions.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan


    That does sound like classic behaviour of people who have bought into pyramid schemes. To get money back on their investment, they need others to buy into it. And don’t care whether those below them in the pyramid lose out. These schemes bring out the worst in human nature, truly.
    That's exactly it and why I refuse to hold any sympathy for anyone who got burnt in this scam. It was a particularly toxic Ponzi scheme that was destroying the planet, and all of the pro-coin acolytes want to drag more victims into the cesspit with them.


  • Posts: 17,381 [Deleted User]


    Holding now makes absolute sense imo. What’s the point in selling now when you have lost 2/3 of what you invested for example? If you sell now you definitely aren’t going to recoup anything whereas at least if you hold you have some chance if things do recover. I’d rather risk losing the bit that’s left rather than realise a big loss by selling.

    If someone who's down decides that if they cashed out today, they'd buy the same amount of bitcoin tomorrow, then yeah, hold. Realistically though, many wouldn't go and buy it if they had the cash back in their hards.

    There is simply to reason to imagine that bitcoin will go up in value, so all it is is a sunk cost fallacy.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭Samsong


    If someone who's down decides that if they cashed out today, they'd buy the same amount of bitcoin tomorrow, then yeah, hold. Realistically though, many wouldn't go and buy it if they had the cash back in their hards.

    There is simply to reason to imagine that bitcoin will go up in value, so all it is is a sunk cost fallacy.

    If you think crypto is only about Bitcoin then you are not informed enough to be on here making bold statements.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash


    Samsong wrote: »

    That link doesn’t work. Again, what is a smart NFC tag, and how does it work in verifying that a bottle of wine isn’t counterfeit? Mapping physical objects into a digital world is difficult. This is yet another example of applying the word blockchain to an end-point solution that doesn’t need it, raising hundreds of millions based on hot air, hype, and hysteria, then leaving a load of bag holders at the end.


  • Posts: 17,381 [Deleted User]


    Samsong wrote: »
    If you think crypto is only about Bitcoin then you are not informed enough to be on here making bold statements.

    What bold statement did I make? And what makes you think I don't know more than bitcoin?

    You sound like an absolute tit to be honest.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭Samsong


    That link doesn’t work. Again, what is a smart NFC tag, and how does it work in verifying that a bottle of wine isn’t counterfeit? Mapping physical objects into a digital world is difficult. This is yet another example of applying the word blockchain to an end-point solution that doesn’t need it, raising hundreds of millions based on hot air, hype, and hysteria, then leaving a load of bag holders at the end.

    You need to highlight it and paste. All of your questions about vechain and it's IOT technology will be answered.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭Samsong


    What bold statement did I make? And what makes you think I don't know more than bitcoin?

    You sound like an absolute tit to be honest.

    And you sound like a whiny prick


  • Posts: 17,381 [Deleted User]


    Samsong wrote: »
    And you sound like a whiny prick

    You're clearly upset because I said there is no reason to imagine bitcoin go up in value.. Just think about that for a second. You think I'm a whiny prick because I insulted your coins.

    Keep posting and embarrass yourself, please.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash


    Calm down gents. This is a trying time for investors in digital coins magicked out of thin air, but decorum costs nothing.

    :rolleyes:


  • Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭Samsong


    You're clearly upset because I said there is no reason to imagine bitcoin go up in value.. Just think about that for a second. You think I'm a whiny prick because I insulted your coins.

    Keep posting and embarrass yourself, please.

    The sooner bitcoin disappears the better


Advertisement