Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Christmas Debate - #1 Sweets

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Celebrations
    91 votes received and only 4 votes separating the top 3!

This will come down to the wire!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Other
    I voted hero's in a moments madness, I panicked. I have never even both hero's. I am a QS guy, coins and stick things. 
    Notions with lindt too here, plus chocolate covered dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,429 ✭✭✭Trampas

Season greetings

The jelly I use to search for without dumping the contents out as a child

• Registered Users Posts: 30,284 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Miniature Heroes
    Trampas wrote: »
    Season greetings

The jelly I use to search for without dumping the contents out as a child

I loved up until last year but they dropped the iced caramels, fruit jellies, hard fruit bars and coconut macaroons.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Celebrations
    Loughc wrote: »
    91 votes received and only 4 votes separating the top 3!

This will come down to the wire!

94 votes now and only 3 votes separating the top 3. Not long left to vote either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Celebrations
    Quality street, I adore the ge red straw berries and all the other ones. I love them all.

If I had to vote for other then it’s toffiffee for the win . But quality street are my faves.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Seasons Greetings , definitely nostalgia but love the sweets :)

Celebrations , Heroes , at least half a tub left every year here , I don't buy them any more for that reason tbh :o

Other
    What's the next debate? Santa, Santy, Saint Nic, Father Christmas?

Miniature Heroes
    Who remembers these guys?
    41927481_2096232207076662_1917109474917613568_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=452ed54ecceed675520413c870a6c9d6&oe=5C333119

Other
    41927481_2096232207076662_1917109474917613568_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=452ed54ecceed675520413c870a6c9d6&oe=5C333119

Oh janey mackers those bring me back to when I was a kid in my grans. She died when I would about 12 so a good while back.

• Advertisement

Celebrations
    Jude13 wrote: »
    What's the next debate? Santa, Santy, Saint Nic, Father Christmas?

The next debate is trees, real or fake? And it's live now! :)

WOW! They are a blast from the past! I deffo remember them.

Celebrations
    So the results are in,

And your winners are with 30 votes, Quality Street.

Heroes come in 2nd with 26.

Celebrations in 3rd with 24.

Roses in 4th with 22.

And other in last with 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Other
    Ive said it before; democracy doesnt work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

That’s so interesting, because 20 years ago Quality Street were seen as the poor relations of Roses. Just goes to show how much Cadbury’s have messed up.

Miniature Heroes
    That’s so interesting, because 20 years ago Quality Street were seen as the poor relations of Roses. Just goes to show how much Cadbury’s have messed up.

I'm always surprised at how Quality Street are on here. They are the one tub of sweets that the shops always seem to be left with around me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Celebrations
    They would have been neck and neck in my ranking until 5 years ago or so, when Cadburys/Kraft ruined them.

Other
    Posy wrote: »
    They would have been neck and neck in my ranking until 5 years ago or so, when Cadburys/Kraft ruined them.

They were going downhill way before then imo. When the tins started getting smaller each and every year and they changed the colour of the toffee sweet, it just sealed the deal, i think.

Celebrations
    I wouldn't remember them before that really, because I'm just so young.

>_>

<_<

Other
    I wouldn't remember them before that really, because I'm just so young.

>_>

<_<

Of course. Gather round young'un and ill tell you tales of Roses and outdoor toilets and hopscotch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

If you don't like the coffee flavour in Roses,
    SEND ALL YOUR SPARE ONES TO ME.
    I just love thern
    Orange flavour also welcome.
    But yuk to Strawberry.

• Advertisement

Other
    I think a sweet exchange thread would be a real winner.

Have 20x coffee sweets. Will trade for hazlenut swirls ONO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Celebrations
    I’ll senf toffee and orange in exchange for strawberry!

Celebrations
    Pter wrote: »
    I think a sweet exchange thread would be a real winner.

Have 20x coffee sweets. Will trade for hazlenut swirls ONO.
    That's a great idea. :D

Send them all on to Loughc and myself and we'll make sure they get to their final destination. :pac:

Celebrations
    That's a great idea. :D

Send them all on to Loughc and myself and we'll make sure they get to their final destination. :pac:

I wholeheartedly agree to this arrangement.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

I saw this and thought of this thread. I am also a QS fan and this twitter person sorted and counted the sweets from 13 tins. I thought there was an even mix, but it's not the case :(

462277.PNG

Celebrations
    I seen this before but for roses the creme centres are cheaper to manufacture therefore makeup the majority of the sweets, thankfully the strawberry and orange cremes are my favourite! :pac:

Celebrations
    The caramel barrels and purple ones are my favourites. Those bastrds.

I do like the strawberry too though, luckily.

I'd like to get the pick and mix tin in John Lewis, but I dunno if I could bring them back if I only had hand luggage. Is caramel technically a liquid? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

I feel hard done by, as the most common 2 are my least favourite. But I am glad that some toffees are 3rd and 4th highest. Still a lot of dross though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Celebrations
    I adore the cremes!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,166 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Celebrations
    3rd to 6th my personal favourites, so thats a positive, having (by far) my two least favourites as 1 & 2 are negatives... but that just means they're eaten last...;)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Advertisement