Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building and keeping muscle mass

Options
  • 09-09-2018 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Hi guys
    A little bit of advise and maybe it's just all in my head. While currently I'm keeping to a strict 1.5-2k calorie intake as my priority goal is % body fat loss, I am taking in large enough protien levels for muscle toning and definition as I go.

Straight after a gym work out, visable muscle and body shape/definition is obvious and I, while when I started could see the change every 2nd day or so, I can now see the change and especially the growth every 10days or so.

However my issue comes like 2 hours later or further in the day where I seem to be back at square one and there is very little to any definition and I'm not just talking about progress in 10 days more very little over a month. Is this normal or should I be at least keeping or seeing the results.

I'm in the gym 4 or 5 times a week. Excluding swimming for extra cardio. I know my calorie intake could be more but right now I need to keep an eye on body fat. Any other advice or is it just a case it's now gone from 2 to 10 to month in starting to notice the difference?

/Rattle

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Hi guys
    A little bit of advise and maybe it's just all in my head. While currently I'm keeping to a strict 1.5-2k calorie intake as my priority goal is % body fat loss, I am taking in large enough protien levels for muscle toning and definition as I go.

Straight after a gym work out, visable muscle and body shape/definition is obvious and I, while when I started could see the change every 2nd day or so, I can now see the change and especially the growth every 10days or so.

However my issue comes like 2 hours later or further in the day where I seem to be back at square one and there is very little to any definition and I'm not just talking about progress in 10 days more very little over a month. Is this normal or should I be at least keeping or seeing the results.

I'm in the gym 4 or 5 times a week. Excluding swimming for extra cardio. I know my calorie intake could be more but right now I need to keep an eye on body fat. Any other advice or is it just a case it's now gone from 2 to 10 to month in starting to notice the difference?

/Rattle

Ah, the age old problem of losing weight and trying to bulk up at the same time.

As you are trying to do lose weight first which will automatically give you definition.

Not sure what effects you could possibly be see day to day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Lean gains are great; if you can manage it but most will follow the bulk then cut cycle. It's much simpler if you narrow your goals to either loosing weight or building mass.
    For me it meant focussing on dropping bf to a point I was happy via calorie defecit then finding my maintenance, then gradually going into surplus while training for mass.

Oh and a pump after training will make you look better for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Straight after a gym work out, visable muscle and body shape/definition is obvious and I, while when I started could see the change every 2nd day or so, I can now see the change and especially the growth every 10 days or so.

/Rattle

Straight after the gym is what's called the pump. Basically your muscles are still full of blood from the workout. Or that's my understanding of it, it could be something else. Permanent changes start fast and slow down a lot. Just gotta persevere. Consistency is your friend. Have faith in the process.

You'll forever be chasing your pump size :D

Advertisement