Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carton House

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

are they open for membership? have heard great things (your endorsement is just another in a long line)

I think it generally closes in Jan for the year (best to give them a ring) You will need 2 people to propose you. Due to its location (near the city) though it is expensive and there is a joining fee. Intermediate membership is reasonable enough which I think is up to 32.
    I know alot of people come in through the Pavillion membership, you get a GUI, All year access to back 6/Facilities (which are good) reduced rates on main courses plus quite a few comps. It is a good way to see if you like the place plus I think whatever you pay for Pavillion membership comes off any joining fee if you do decide to become a full member. A few of friends have done this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭paulanthony

Luckycharm wrote: »
    I think it generally closes in Jan for the year (best to give them a ring) You will need 2 people to propose you. Due to its location (near the city) though it is expensive and there is a joining fee. Intermediate membership is reasonable enough which I think is up to 32.
    I know alot of people come in through the Pavillion membership, you get a GUI, All year access to back 6/Facilities (which are good) reduced rates on main courses plus quite a few comps. It is a good way to see if you like the place plus I think whatever you pay for Pavillion membership comes off any joining fee if you do decide to become a full member. A few of friends have done this.

That pavilion offer is interesting, I actually inquired about it recently as I am moving back to Dublin shortly but it is still over €1,000 per year.

Does anyone know of any similar offerings around Dublin (ie a kind of "enhanced" pavillion membership (or similar))? The setup would actually be really useful for someone getting back into golf - access to six holes, practice facilities and a GUI, with a view to joining as a full member a year or so later.

That pavilion offer is interesting, I actually inquired about it recently as I am moving back to Dublin shortly but it is still over €1,000 per year.

Does anyone know of any similar offerings around Dublin (ie a kind of "enhanced" pavillion membership (or similar))? The setup would actually be really useful for someone getting back into golf - access to six holes, practice facilities and a GUI, with a view to joining as a full member a year or so later.

€250 of that is food and drink. Castle has pavillion but no GUI. Depends on where you live in Dublin. Edmonstown took on quite a few new members in recent years. Stackstown also. Castleknock have flexible 7 day membership.
    Lisheen/Citywest I think do something similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,249 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Your pavilion sub is also taken off your joining fee should you become a full member (up to a max of 5 years)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

GreeBo wrote: »
    Its Grange in Rathfarnham, Dublin.
    https://www.grangegolfclub.ie/

Used to play the Leinster Mid Amateur for a few years and only because it was in The Grange at the time. One of the few golf courses I'd bother to get up early and cross the city to play.
    It's a lovely spot. Very pleasant surroundings and very well maintained golf course. Comfy club house too. Real nice spot.

mjsc1970 wrote: »
    Used to play the Leinster Mid Amateur for a few years and only because it was in The Grange at the time. One of the few golf courses I'd bother to get up early and cross the city to play.
    It's a lovely spot. Very pleasant surroundings and very well maintained golf course. Comfy club house too. Real nice spot.

You are just lucky no one heard you call it "The" Grange ;)

Not all members are this Pedantic :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

😉. Mea culpa

Luckycharm wrote: »
    Not all members are this Pedantic :p

All the good ones are ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Does anyone have any experience with the Pros in Carton, are they good for lessons, would anyone be better than the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Ah_go_on

Played O’Meara over the weekend, I get your point about club and atmosphere, it really does feel like a resort rather than a club. Couldn’t believe the amount of pitch marks on greens either, do tourists just not bother to repair ??

Back nine has some very nice holes, I thought the front were fairly unremarkable. Will give the membership a miss here I think.

Advertisement