Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ozzy Osbourne with Judas Priest - 3Arena - 30/01/2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Plenty of standing left from what I can see at the moment.

Yep and I've to wait until the end of the month to get these tickets! Massive Priest fan since I saw them play support for Kiss in the 3 Arena. Hopefully they'll be standing left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Mclove when did they support kiss?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    Mclove when did they support kiss?

Im pretty sure Taking Dawn was the support for Kiss when they played here?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,898 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I remember Judas Priest played here a few years ago and supported Megadeth I think ??

Could be wrong, they deff didn't support Kiss here

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Probably mixed that up, sorry its the old age, but they were fantastic. Well worth the entry fee and now that they are lining up with ozzy even better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Im pretty sure Taking Dawn was the support for Kiss when they played here?

Ya and it's the only time Kiss ever played there too was defo Taking Dawn who were fairly alright openers from what I remember haven't been heard of since though :D
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    I remember Judas Priest played here a few years ago and supported Megadeth I think

Nah Megadeth and Testament supported them, tour was even called "Priest Feast" was 09 had to miss out sadly due to other commitments and heard it wasn't exactly a success ticket sales wise but a lot to do with taking the tour to the arena in Belfast also I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Better seated tickets now released at non stupid platinum prices. After getting two for block D.

3 weeks tonight looking forward to it

Lots of tickets available but doubt it will be cancelled

In Block G Row 22 myself annoyed i didnt wait to get a better seat but wanted to spend the money there and then to get it over it.

Getting Travelmaster bus up which im very surprised are running one. Thought they hardly run a bus for ozzy if they couldn't run one for u2 back in nov :):)

No chance of cancellation sales wise it's doing as well as a rock/metal arena show can in Ireland, majority of lower tier sold, standing currently not showing assume there'll be some appearing now and again particularly closer but they'll want flog the seats first and 3 of the upper tiers have sold reasonably.

Won't outright say it won't be cancelled though I've been stood up by Ozzy before :pac:

No chance of cancellation sales wise it's doing as well as a rock/metal arena show can in Ireland, majority of lower tier sold, standing currently not showing assume there'll be some appearing now and again particularly closer but they'll want flog the seats first and 3 of the upper tiers have sold reasonably.

Won't outright say it won't be cancelled though I've been stood up by Ozzy before :pac:

Was that the ozzfest thing where he dropped out at the last min ??

• Advertisement

Nah Graspop 2011, pulled out the morning due to play was actually Judas Priest who stepped up to do a 2 and a half hour instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

That was Ozzfest at Punchestown in 2002,only told when waiting for the bus down to Kildare that he'd pulled out. Still had SOAD and Slayer but ended limply (Imo) with Tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

lord lucan wrote: »
    That was Ozzfest at Punchestown in 2002,only told when waiting for the bus down to Kildare that he'd pulled out. Still had SOAD and Slayer but ended limply (Imo) with Tool.

i was at the Doningtom ozzfest the day or so before, Ozzy was fine then. Weather was woeful though, very very high winds, SOAD cut short there set, only played about 20mins, as bits of the stage was falling off, one piece landed on their drum tech's head and seriously hurt him. I was backstage that year and there was serious talk of cancelling the show after the SOAD if the wind didn't die down, luckily it died enough to carry on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Cancelled a gig in 2003 at the Point also when he had that quadbike accident.

Really looking forward to it.

Cancelled a gig in 2003 at the Point also when he had that quadbike accident.

Really looking forward to it.

Wasant he pretty lucky to have survived that crash ?

The man deff sold his soul to the devil, he should he dead a long time ago lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Anyone else thinking that priest might blow Ozzy off the stage?

Whatever happens, think we're quite lucky to be getting him at the start of the tour as I'd say some of the later gigs he'll be fcuked.

Seeing as it's the last tour I wonder if there'll be a video tribute to Randy Rhoads. Be a good way of giving Ozzy ten minutes rest midshow.

According to Ozzy it won't be his last tour and should be billed the 'Slowing Down' tour instead:
    “People have gotten that all wrong,” he said. “The tour should have been the Ozzy Osbourne Slowing Down Tour. What I’m actually doing is not going out on Jan. 1 and coming back on Dec. 31. I’ll still tour, but not as extensively like I have been for the last 50 years. I mean, I have grandchildren now and I’m 70 years old and I don’t want to be found dead in a hotel room somewhere. I’m going to do it at a more leisurely pace and do some shows in Vegas … but I’ll never stop. The whole lifestyle I have lived, it has all come down to the fact that there are people who want to hear me and as long as they want to hear me, I’m there.”

https://www.pasadenastarnews.com/2018/12/21/new-years-eve-2019-ozzy-osbourne-reflects-on-life-drugs-and-music-ahead-of-ringing-in-the-new-year-with-ozzfest-at-the-forum/

Good to hear him sound so up beat whatever he does in the future. Just two weeks away, can't wait.

Priest playing a show on the 27th in Paris so they will be warmed up for Dublin anyway

I know ozzys apparently sober now but his last relapse was in 2013 or around then and he said he was pretty mental. Anyone knw anything about that relapse ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

What's the difference between the normal standing tickets and the platinum standing tickets? Access to the members club?

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

starWave wrote: »
    What's the difference between the normal standing tickets and the platinum standing tickets? Access to the members club?

There's no difference apart from the price

It's just ticketmaster's way of getting extra money from punters now that they can't make money from seatwave

One week to go

• Registered Users Posts: 17,978 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Anyone have the running order/stage times? Need to book a bus home

rob316 wrote: »
    Anyone have the running order/stage times? Need to book a bus home

3arena curfew is 11pm so won't be later than that finishing

Travelmaster are running direct buses up from some areas of the country
    https://travelmaster.ie/product/bus-to-ozzy-ozbourne-3arena/

Balls gig postponed until April apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Balls gig postponed until April apparently

Source?

Passenger wrote: »
    Source?

Someone said it on the rock/metal thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,159 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

That doesn’t make it true. I can find nothing about this on any social media related to MCD or Ozzy himself. No mention of it anywhere.

Advertisement