Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

I wonder will we have to look at bringing in a lock for 3 months?

We might have 1 lock away with Ireland.
    Gallagher, SOB, Downing all injured, albeit a few weeks for Gallagher.

In fact a bit worrying re SOB and no time frame. I fear it’s not a good look.

Is it Cian Prendergast and Darragh Murray in the academy?

Both are in the academy and the three of Gallagher, SOB and Dowling are back to trainning

we're ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

connachta wrote: »
    Both are in the academy and the three of Gallagher, SOB and Dowling are back to trainning

we're ok!

None of those three are training.

None of those three are training.

Really ?
    I'd trust Craggy
    ClanofLams wrote: »
    Cillian Gallagher, Oisin Dowling & Sean O’Brien all back training this week according to Craggy Rugby. Interesting too that Connacht have chartered flight (due to Covid) so are in and out in one day as opposed to the norm where they travel to Dublin day before game then on to Bristol and on to Cardiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    connachta wrote: »
    Really ?
    I'd trust Craggy

I'd normally trust them too but we literally have an update from the Connacht medical team that contradicts it. They may have progressed to some form of training but they're not listed as integrated to team training and there's no mention of Dowling or O'Brien integrating this month.

Bazzo wrote: »
    I'd normally trust them too but we literally have an update from the Connacht medical team that contradicts it. They may have progressed to some form of training but they're not listed as integrated to team training and there's no mention of Dowling or O'Brien integrating this month.

If they are trainning a bit, we can except them in a month which mean we certainly don't need a medical joker as we have 3 fit locks for the next 2 games (Gallagher for Roux), and 5 after. No injuries added of course

• Advertisement

Niall Murray (shoulder) underwent surgery earlier this week and will be out action until January 2021.

Here. Could have been worse. 3 months

O'Donnell's here

McAllister just has had a daughter

double good news, good for him and can explain why he's not in the 23, not a level issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Howyanowscan

Wooton saved our arses. Lucky to be level.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Lucky escape there.

A usual sloppy away showing so far unfortunately

• Advertisement

Lovely defending from Thornbury

Sullivan very busy tonight. Impressed so far.

Their quick line is causing huge issues. They have Carty's channel well covered so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,950 ✭✭✭OldRio

Far too many silly mistakes. Frustrating.

We are woeful in the Blues 22

Had chances but some sloppy play deep inside the Cardiff 22.

That was a very harsh decision by the ref. Could easily have gone the other way.

And it’s led to a Cardiff try.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    7/8 penalties given away though some harsh. Should try few chips over Cardiff line

Ah lads

• Registered Users Posts: 24,957 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Referee and touch judges seems to be absolutely riding Connaught.

In the lead up to the Cardiff try there all be it I’ve only seen one replay but it looked like a very obvious forward pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randomname2005

That was a very harsh decision by the ref. Could easily have gone the other way.

And it’s led to a Cardiff try.

Very harsh, marmion was pushed back in, Arnold had no impact. Ref has been pretty good overall but would like to see him on the problem side of the scrum. There have been a few decisions at the breakdown that confused me but could be new rules /interpretation

Don’t have the stats but feels like Connacht have had more territory and possession but are basically messing up in good positions.

Cardiff taking their opportunities.

Massive second half needed. Lineouts under a lot of pressure, the tactical kicking is not at the races tonight. If we could get more ball to Porchy it'd make a big difference.

Hopefully Heffernan and Bealham aren't too serious. Be a massive downer to see them miss any international opportunity in the increasingly unlikely chance they're played.

Ffs. So few chances need to be accurate and get points from them

Aungier knocks on right on the try line. Shooting themselves in the foot.

We deserve nothing from tonight on the basis of the first 50. Absolutely toothless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭ElisaAtWar

We deserve nothing from tonight on the basis of the first 50. Absolutely toothless.

I don't agree. Have cardiff under pressure for most of the game. Silly mistakes. But Connacht the better team. As this game gets to it's finale I hope all that pressure will be the difference

Turned down 3 points. Need a try now.

ElisaAtWar wrote: »
    I don't agree. Have cardiff under pressure for most of the game. Silly mistakes. But Connacht the better team. As this game gets to it's finale I hope all that pressure will be the difference

Can have no complaints if Cardiff win, but could win if they are more accurate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    3 penalties inside 22, two in a row from five metres out should be a yellow every time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement