Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota hybrids

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,353 ✭✭✭ofcork

Yeah 42950 ex dealer delivery for platinum spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭vectra

ofcork wrote: »
    Yeah 42950 ex dealer delivery for platinum spec.

Could be a nice car.
    I have never driven a Hybrid and apparently the Camry wont be available to test drive until April. :(
    I suppose a drive in the Rav4 might give me an idea.

Couple of guys at work have lexus an IS250 and an RX450 and highly rate them although that CVT box is marmite yeah the rav would give a feel for it.

Couple of guys at work have lexus an IS250 and an RX450 and highly rate them although that CVT box is marmite yeah the rav would give a feel for it.

Yes,
    The CVT box would be my main concern.

I drove a hybrid chr for 300+ miles. Mainly motorway with some rural roads too and some stuck in traffic stuff.
    I was very impressed but I wouldn't be a spirited driver. I found the CVT grand TBH.

• Advertisement

@vectra what's the verdict?

Didn't go.
    I chickened out. :D

vectra wrote: »
    Didn't go.
    I chickened out. :D

Will definitely go to Hornibrooks in Lismore on their open day.

Looked at the corolla hybrid parked up in lehanes today Luna sport looks good in red with black roof lower spec in navy not so good.

Corolla

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Looked at the corolla hybrid parked up in lehanes today Luna sport looks good in red with black roof lower spec in navy not so good.

Agreed, the lower spec car looks really cheap and plasticy. I'd aim high and go for the Sole as it is lovely.

If I had to choose a Corolla, it'd be the Tourer in Sol trim, but the front of the saloon looks nicer than the Hatch/Tourer.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Who puts the badges on the cars one corolla had the Luna sport badge over the word corolla the other had it over the word hybrid on the other side of the hatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Who puts the badges on the cars one corolla had the Luna sport badge over the word corolla the other had it over the word hybrid on the other side of the hatch.

That's madness - hardly inspires confidence

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

The dealers, as far as I know. You'd think they'd make some template or something, not that hard to keep these things consistent :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

The dealers, as far as I know. You'd think they'd make some template or something, not that hard to keep these things consistent :rolleyes:

Where did the Terra, Luna etc idea come from originally.

I know it started with the E11 Corolla and the Mk 1 Avensis but was it just a local Toyota Ireland idea.

The only logic I can see is to stop people comparing a UK spec with a direct Irish equivalent.*

For example in the old days a Carina II 1.6 GL would have electric windows and Sunroof in UK spec but not in Irish spec.

However if we call a Corolla a Luna in Ireland and something else in UK - it's hard for a buyer to figure out the UK equivalent of a Luna.

*I may be answering my own question

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

The Latin trim levels are not exclusive to Ireland, I think they're used in Italy and probably a few other countries.

It's usually a case of the UK distributors wanting to do something different, whereas we follow what's normal in the rest of Europe.

One obscure example: The estate version of the Skoda Favorit was called the "Forman" everywhere (including Ireland) except for the UK, where it was the "Favorit Estate".

A more obvious example: Opel vs. Vauxhall, post-1980 or so.

A more obvious example: Opel vs. Vauxhall, post-1980 or so.

In that particular case preserving the link to Vauxhall Iron Work for British customers was the motivation, it made sense too to be fair :)
    It is of course them doing something totally different to other markets too as you point out.

Advertisement