Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How far is your commute and what type of bike?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

150km ew on a Schwinn Sting-Ray.
    150ew=150km each week rather than each way, i presume?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

I'd say im reasonably fit and usually average between 32 and 36kmph depending on the wind.
    reasonably fit indeed. 32km/h average on any cycle, solo, is impressive, let alone 36km/h.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,746 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Yeah, the air resistance really starts kicking in about 30km/h, I think?

i do 19.6km (glasnevin to leopardstown) and 27km/h on strava would be a fast run for me - and that's with auto pause enabled on strava. probably closer to 25km/h in reality.

of course, your time will depend on what sort of roads you're commuting on. city centre commuting will be noticeably slower than open road commuting.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

reasonably fit indeed. 32km/h average on any cycle, solo, is impressive, let alone 36km/h.

Got a turbo after six months which really helped. Don't do exact training plans but just pick one each time im on zwift. I credit it for the majority of my fitness. Got a single sided power meter for Christmas so the work commute can really be incorporated into training come March :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Gerry

Thanks for the tip about st Catherine's park, I'll try that from the strawberry beds next time on way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

22km each way with 220m of climbing from Knocklyon area to Enniskerry. Normally takes around 55 minutes give or take. Have the option to go 22.8km and double the climbing to 472m but take a bit longer. On a 2013 105 equipped trek madone 2.1 with race blades.

Try to do it once or twice a week in the summer months. Will be trying to do that more regularly this year, hopefully starting in the morning. Plenty of lights and a nice reflective jacket courtesy of Halfords sale and the bargain alerts thread

Advertisement