Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosie (new Roddy Doyle film)

Options
  • 30-08-2018 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭

New Film with screenplay written by Roddy Doyle
    Trailer:

Lead actress Sarah Greene previously played parts in shows Ransom, Penny Dreadful, Rebellion and Vikings.
    She's also going to be in the Irish Film Black 47 (thread here: showthread.php?p=106239123).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rosie is on RTE 1 at 9.30pm ( written by Roddy Doyle and directed by Paddy Breathnach, tackles the homeless crisis in Ireland)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

I did hear an ad on the radio, and it does sound good, but honestly, I don’t think I can process any more misery at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,642 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Would it have been so hard of RTE to but on a film to help us through these dark, hard times like say a comedy, a thriller or even a sci-fi movie. Something to lift people spirits and maybe help people through this maybe give people a good idea. Anything but a depressing movie. The world is falling apart and changing before our eyes, thousands have lost there jobs and RTE puts on a depressing movie :(

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,714 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Watching it here at the moment and it's pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

It's a hard watch,but a reminder of other people's dire situations,I think it's a perfect film for this St Patricks Day. How lucky we are if you have a roof over your head,a fridge full of food and a bed for your kids and yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭pajoguy

niallo76 wrote: »
    It's a hard watch,but a reminder of other people's dire situations,I think it's a perfect film forthis St Patricks Day. How lucky we are if you have a roof over your head,a fridge full of food and a bed for your kids and yourself.

I gave my kids an extra hug tonight when I was heading to bed after watching that. We would all go to the ends of the earth for our kids but what happens when even that isnt enough. It highlights the huge housing issue this country has. And maybe brings it back into focus a little in these dark times.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

AMKC wrote: »
    Would it have been so hard of RTE to but on a film to help us through these dark, hard times like say a comedy, a thriller or even a sci-fi movie. Something to lift people spirits

ya, why didn't they show Outbreak

Advertisement