Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 3 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

42 today with Alonso Mitrovic and Foster left to play.

Up to 1603 for the time being too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Sitting on 30 points and pleased overall.

Captaining Aguero over Salah only cost me 6 points. 12 vs. 18.

Picked Aguero as a differential in my main league.

Ive talked myself off a ledge having watched the highlights on MOTD.
    On another day I could have cleaned up with Mendy, Silva and Aguero(c).

Wolves goal was 'dubious'. Dirtying Mendy's and Silva's sheets. (4 +1)=5

Aguero hit the woodwork twice. (8points x2)=16

David Silva was denied a penalty, looked penalty to me. 3+(4x2)=11

Aguero himself took a tumble. Didn't look a penalty to me.(4x2)=8

Aguero could have got 3 bonus on the above.=6

That's 54 points.
    Compared to the 9 I actually got.

Mendy may have been the passer for some of the non goals but I can't remember, that'd be over thinking things :P

I know none of the above means anything but it justifies my captain choice in my head and that my wildcard hasn't been a complete disaster. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

wondering is my van dijk selection worth the 6mill...likewise coleman!!
    I'm keeping Coleman for another week. Huddersfield at home

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

shineon23 wrote: »
    Sitting on 30 points and pleased overall.

Captaining Aguero over Salah only cost me 6 points. 12 vs. 18.

I only got 4

I only got 4

As did everyone

What I did.

Aguero(c). (2x2)=4
    Salah(VC). (8x1)=8
    4+8=12

What I didn't do
    Salah(c). (8x2)=16
    Aguero(vc). (2x1)=2
    16+2=18

So a 6 point difference between captianing Salah or Aguero as I own both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

38 pts. Disappointed considering I used the WC. Hoping for a strong performance from Mitrovic and Alonso.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

45 points but only Zaha to play. Moved from 20k to 7k but will probably be back around 20k after all is said and done. Arnautovic injury was a gutter, could have got his second instead he ends up hurting his knee and I even miss out on an extra point as he got substituted in 59th minute. Very happy with my start overall but today could have been so much better, Arno injury is a worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,009 ✭✭✭Patser

Got so jammy with my keeper. Had Lossl on my bench from day 1 due to him being lucky last season. Started him this week because I wasn't paying attention that he'd been replaced by a new signing.

Subbed in after 12 minutes, clean sheet and 2bps + 1 save point. His 9 a highpoint in a very mixed week.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

41 with Foster and Alonso to go and up to 5.6k, some big choices to make this week with Richarlison out, Peltier dropped and Arnie possibly injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Up to 84K but plenty of games left and only 3 players for me. A lot there that could still hurt OR

Burnley cleansheet
    Hazard
    Mitrovic
    Dave
    Kane
    Ali
    Eriksen
    Trippier
    Shaw
    Sanchez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,358 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Salah didn't play well so didn't deserve bonus points.

He's still way off the pace compared to last season. Not surprising after the long season and world cup

KevIRL wrote: »
    Up to 84K but plenty of games left and only 3 players for me. A lot there that could still hurt OR

Burnley cleansheet
    Hazard
    Mitrovic
    Dave
    Kane
    Ali
    Eriksen
    Trippier
    Shaw
    Sanchez

And Pedro. Forgot him

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

For those thinking that Salah is not returning what he should, he's currently on course to return 317 points, captain him every week that's 633 points smashing last years haul.

13 is a lot but with Salah, at least he's consistent, ability to explode, no fear of rotation/dropped, not one to get booked/sent off in an attacking side that scores plenty and central to everything Liverpool do

On paper taking him out will allow you to strengthen elsewhere but no guarantee it'll work out. He's a season keeper for me

Great point, well made.

Due to shocking internet coverage in a hotel in Greece, I’ve just read the entire thread and was amazed to see people mentioning taking Salah out.

He’s scored consistently in the last two games in a Liverpool team that hasn’t played well. Plus, for me, he doesn’t look fully fit.

I’m hoping after the international break he’ll look sharper but at the minute I am more than happy with his returns because no doubt there will be bigger scores to follow.

The same discussions used to take place on here in previous years about Aguero until he’d knock three or four goals past a team in one game and they would then be promptly forgotten.

It’s not just about the points Mo offers either. It’s about the damage he could do on a high scoring week where you don’t have him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭elefant

Lemlin wrote: »
    Great point, well made.

Due to shocking internet coverage in a hotel in Greece, I’ve just read the entire thread and was amazed to see people mentioning taking Salah out.

He’s scored consistently in the last two games in a Liverpool team that hasn’t played well. Plus, for me, he doesn’t look fully fit.

I’m hoping after the international break he’ll look sharper but at the minute I am more than happy with his returns because no doubt there will be bigger scores to follow.

The same discussions used to take place on here in previous years about Aguero until he’d knock three or four goals past a team in one game and they would then be promptly forgotten.

It’s not just about the points Mo offers either. It’s about the damage he could do on a high scoring week where you don’t have him.

He's the fifth highest scorer so far, and one of the few players to have produced in all 3 games. The expectations for Mo have gotten ridiculous if there's a swell of opinion on selling him!

Don't think there's any genuine move on Salah tbh. More a reaction from some to the frustration of the BPS situation last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

For those thinking that Salah is not returning what he should, he's currently on course to return 317 points, captain him every week that's 633 points smashing last years haul.

13 is a lot but with Salah, at least he's consistent, ability to explode, no fear of rotation/dropped, not one to get booked/sent off in an attacking side that scores plenty and central to everything Liverpool do

On paper taking him out will allow you to strengthen elsewhere but no guarantee it'll work out. He's a season keeper for me
    Lemlin wrote: »
    Great point, well made.

elefant wrote: »
    He's the fifth highest scorer so far, and one of the few players to have produced in all 3 games. The expectations for Mo have gotten ridiculous if there's a swell of opinion on selling him!
    Don't think there's any genuine move on Salah tbh. More a reaction from some to the frustration of the BPS situation last night.

I agree with most of what was said in these posts. But what I find interesting so far, it's despite Salah cracking start (2 goals, 2 assists out of 'Pool 7 goals), it was possible to get better returns without going for a crazy differential in Mané. Also there's the extra £3.2m to play with. That could help get a full premium defense for example or a second premium forward or a better 3rd striker etc...

Of course, it's only 3 GWs and all this is pretty meaningless. If I look at my team, I could feel that Mané + Robertson would have been better than Salah + Daniels. But I could also question PEA. And that would be much more meaningfull.

Also, Salah is THE (almost) perfect FPL player. (Very) Attacking mid playing in a top team playing attacking football and scoring plenty of goals.

But, at £13m, Salah will never be as essential as last year. Lemlin cites Aguero and it's a good point. Aguero has not always been essential. He's been injured of course but also rotated, rested, not performing up to his price tag at times. And that's an Aguero lover who says that!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Schlupp starts on wing again. Hughes starts. No surprises for opening game today.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,122 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Invincible

Crystal Palace line out:

Hennessey, Ward, Tomkins, Sakho, PVA, Townsend, Milvojevic, McArthur, Schlupp, Benteke, Zaha.

And Pedro. Forgot him

And zaha actually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,188 ✭✭✭✭km79

1-1 draw please and Joel Ward to play badly

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

On another day there would be have been some monster scores posted:

- Aguero hitting the post and crossbar
    - Jesus missing a good chance from a Mendy assist
    - Firmino missing a good chance from a Robertson assist
    - Alexander-Arnold very close from a Robertson assist
    - Mkhitaryan drawing a very good save from Fabianski
    - Wilson missing a superb chance from a Fraser assist

Fine margins.

Paully D wrote: »
    On another day there would be have been some monster scores posted:

- Aguero hitting the post and crossbar
    - Jesus missing a good chance from a Mendy assist
    - Firmino missing a good chance from a Robertson assist
    - Alexander-Arnold very close from a Robertson assist
    - Mkhitaryan drawing a very good save from Fabianski
    - Wilson missing a superb chance from a Fraser assist

Fine margins.

Yeah, I totted up what I 'could' have got from City game alone.

I could have got 45 points more, not counting a Mendy assist.

A pointless exercise but trying to convince myself I was unlucky and my wildcards picks were decent despite me sitting on 30 points with 2 to play.

If I keep near the average Monday night I'll be happy and hope things even out over the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Invincible wrote: »
    Crystal Palace line out:

Hennessey, Ward, Tomkins, Sakho, PVA, Townsend, Milvojevic, McArthur, Schlupp, Benteke, Zaha.

Hopefully Ward has a shocker.

Wan-Bissaka coming straight back in next week is necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Tompkins injured in warm up..

Islander13 wrote: »
    Tompkins injured in warm up..

That will really affect their entire defence
    A defence I’ll have to double up on next week due to injuries and suspensions
    Yay

• Registered Users Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Invincible

Paully D wrote: »
    Hopefully Ward has a shocker.

Wan-Bissaka coming straight back in next week is necessary.

He has to get place back after such a successful start to season.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johny Cage

Need Zaha to save my Gameweek here.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Capoue yellow...remember him?!

• Advertisement

Capoue yellow...remember him?!

We don’t speak of him
    Or docoure
    Especially docoure

Advertisement