Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No clue !! Please help

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Geminijosa

Thanks TitianGerm
    I should have really just posted my €300 budget and let ye all fight it out to see how much ye could get for it. ...lol! . I'll take a look at Simply Games in the morning. It's late, i'm old...etc etc... and i have work tomorrow. Appreciate your reply.

Have taken note of CD Keys & EA Access.

My poor son will think i've done a masters degree in gaming on the quiet with all the info i've gotten tonight :)

Cal33

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You can get a 1TB One S for £189 from Simply Games. Not sure if they charge for delivery. That's about €210 using Revolut.

http://www.simplygames.com/p/xbox-one-s-console---1tb-xbox-one

Fortnight will be a free download.

COD Black Ops 3 is €27 in GameStop but Argos had it as low as €20 so keep an eye on it.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20One/Games/51610/call-of-duty-black-ops-iii

http://checkargos.com/product/7233478

CD Keys is usually cheap enough for Xbox Live but the 6 month offer mentioned above is better at the moment.

I'd suggest EA Access over Game Pass if he prefers sports games. Access is usually around €25 and has lots of games included.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01G2M1E5O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_CLXFBbPSDAQ8X

Also get a set of rechargeable batteries in Argos. It'll be a better option long run than buying normal batteries.

Does he have a headset for his current Xbox? He'll probably look for one of he wants to talk to his friends when playing online. These would be an excellent but at the £70 but at £30 they are a steal.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01J58A21O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_4SXFBbMDDQE3J

Everything I've mentioned above should come in just under the €300 you mentioned.

If you've any other questions fire them in here.

Thanks a million. If I buy the console tomorrow (august 25th) with the free 3 months, will that make it 4 months going all the way to xmas day? if so, pm me the price.
    Darren 83 wrote: »
    If it helps I've a code for a months Xbox live If you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

cal33 wrote: »
    Thanks a million. If I buy the console tomorrow (august 25th) with the free 3 months, will that make it 4 months going all the way to xmas day? if so, pm me the price.

Sorry I've a code for 1 month xbox live and one month game pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sorry I've a code for 1 month xbox live and one month game pass.

I think Cal means if she buys the Console with free 3 months Gamepass tomorrow and then adds your month on top she'd have four months.

I think Cal means if she buys the Console with free 3 months Gamepass tomorrow and then adds your month on top she'd have four months.

I got that just on the code I got with my xbox it has a code for xbox live and game pass.

• Advertisement

Not to worry, i'll be back on tomorrow to wreck your heads with more questions once i've the console bought.. and no doubt you'll see a new account for my son asking you guys questions too ! Cheers lads !
    I got that just on the code I got with my xbox it has a code for xbox live and game pass.

Make that two month game passes, will pm them when I get on the laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭dor83

If you haven't bought a console already amazon have a deal of the day with Xbox One S 1TB Console Sea of Thieves Bundle with Vertical Stand/Forza Horizon 3/Minecraft Explorers Pack/Wireless Controller Minecraft Creeper for £236 delivered.
    Bundle includes
    1TB Xbox One S console, wireless controller, Full game download of Sea of Thieves, Minecraft and Forza Horizon 3 games, Xbox One S vertical stand, 1-month Xbox Live Gold trial,1-month Xbox Game Pass trial and a Minecraft Creeper wireless controller.

Cal33 Pm sent with codes for 1 month xbox live and 2 months game passes.
    Hope your son has a great birthday

Again lads, thanks a million!! I've recruited my younger brother to find an Xbox one S, 1 TB. He reckons CEX (?) in Limerick might have it well within my budget. I think he was a bit surprised by the amount of info i had today, but i admit i got a little overwhelmed by the amount of responses/info/options/websites.

Darren 83, thank you so much for sending me the codes. I hope he's gonna be thrilled with his b-day present, and the fact that i managed to research all the options myself and picked out the right console.

Thanks again
    Cal33

Cal33 Pm sent with codes for 1 month xbox live and 2 months game passes.
    Hope your son has a great birthday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

cal33 wrote: »
    Again lads, thanks a million!! I've recruited my younger brother to find an Xbox one S, 1 TB. He reckons CEX (?) in Limerick might have it well within my budget. I think he was a bit surprised by the amount of info i had today, but i admit i got a little overwhelmed by the amount of responses/info/options/websites.

Darren 83, thank you so much for sending me the codes. I hope he's gonna be thrilled with his b-day present, and the fact that i managed to research all the options myself and picked out the right console.

Thanks again
    Cal33

It's €265 for a boxed 1TB One S in CEX on its own, and that will be second hand. That's the worst value than anything posted here over the last few days.

Seriously? Jeez, I think i'll just go with the Smyths starter bundle then.For the 299, i'll get the console and 3 months live & gamepass. He hadn't looked to be fair, just presumed that CEX would have a good deal. glad i posted tonight now. Maybe mammy really does know best for once ;)

It's €265 for a boxed 1TB One S in CEX on its own, and that will be second hand. That's the worst value than anything posted here over the last few days.

Xbox live 12 month 36.90 on G2A.COM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

There's also a new up and coming All Access Service(initially U.S. Only) on the horizon. Where you enter like a hire purchase agreement with Microsoft and pay monthly subscription. With that you get the following :

Xbox One X or Xbox One S
    Xbox Live Gold
    Xbox GamePass

All this for $34.99 a month. The service will roll out in the U.S. first and then possibly worldwide. So while it's not definite to roll out here, it's just another possibility for future reference.

Also, beware that if you get an Xbox Live subscription that it will auto renew when the current one runs out and you will be charged again. Just turn off auto renew when putting in the code.

Advertisement