Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2018 - Round 13 – Belgium

Options
  • 22-08-2018 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭

Formula 1 2018 - Round 13 – Belgium

After the far too long summer break we are back racing. It’s Kimi’s preferred race and if Lewis wins he will have won there four times too. Vettel needs full points

DlCtOGZV4AE-EqE.jpg:small

All sessions on Sky F1, Channel4 and the Online Service
    Friday August 24th Free Practice 1, 10:00-11.30
    Friday August 24th, FP2, 14:00-15.30
    Saturday August 25th, FP3, 11:00-12:00
    Saturday August 25th, Qualifying, 14:00-15:00
    Sunday August 26th, Race, 14.10-16.10

Spa is always unpredictable with weather, it looks like a drop in temperature with warmer and more sunshine on Sunday.

Predictions:
    Hamilton wins
    Kimi will challenge Vettel
    TR will suffer
    Angry Alonso rants

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

A Ferrari 1-2 with Kimi leading only for team orders/strategy forcing him to surrender the win.

Hamilton for a DNF

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Sitting at home here,
    Bag beside me, waiting for the lads to pick me up for the airport at 3.
    First time at Spa, excitement setting in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Sitting at home here,

You can be our pitlane reporter for the weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Sitting at home here,

I reckon I'm not alone when I say I'm jealous. Hope it's a good one, enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

It's been 10 years since I was there last. Well-jeal bud!!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement

Sitting at home here,

Nice one, staying at the track or a hotel?

Anyway, Ferrari need a clean win this weekend. This should be a straightforward win for them really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Harika

Valtteri Bottas & Nico Hulkenberg will start the Belgian Grand Prix from the back of the grid due to Power Unit penalties.

Harika wrote: »
    Valtteri Bottas & Nico Hulkenberg will start the Belgian Grand Prix from the back of the grid due to Power Unit penalties.

Hamilton on his own against the 2 Ferrari’s then. Should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Force India branding being removed from a trailer:

Fore-India-Formel-1-GP-Belgien-Spa-Francorchamps-22-August-2018-articleDetail-f1c0a582-1183129.jpg

^^^ Ooh, interesting. This whole issue of whether they can race under a different name is going to be intriguing for the next couple of days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Spa weekend so far , Bottas from the back so some additional over taking included and may be 3 or 4 more for Nico Hulk included

Force India Name change , I would like if the kept the colours . I have gotten use to the Pink Panthers . As for the name what will they go for , Ramble Racing , Saunter Racing .... I am sure Stroll wants his name associated some way indirectly

I wouldn't be surprised if a fashion brand popped up as a key sponsor - Micheal Kors?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

astrofluff wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if a fashion brand popped up as a key sponsor - Micheal Kors?

Durex Pleasuremax :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Joeface wrote: »
    Spa weekend so far , Bottas from the back so some additional over taking included and may be 3 or 4 more for Nico Hulk included

Force India Name change , I would like if the kept the colours . I have gotten use to the Pink Panthers . As for the name what will they go for , Ramble Racing , Saunter Racing .... I am sure Stroll wants his name associated some way indirectly

Well as has been posted on the other tread there new name is Racing Point Force India F1.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

AMKC wrote: »
    Well as has been posted on the other tread there new name is Racing Point Force India F1.
    I don't see why they have to keep the name since they are racing as a different entity.

ELM327 wrote: »
    I don't see why they have to keep the name since they are racing as a different entity.

I’m not sure an entire name change can be done mid season, I say this without knowing the full detail of the Concorde agreement.

Did Midland/Spiker change names in the late 2000’s mid season does anyone know?

Sauber were blocked from dropping the BMW name in 2010 as mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I’m not sure an entire name change can be done mid season, I say this without knowing the full detail of the Concorde agreement.

Did Midland/Spiker change names in the late 2000’s mid season does anyone know?

Sauber were blocked from dropping the BMW name in 2010 as mentioned above.

AFAIK it's permitted to add a new name as a title sponsor (which I think was how the midland/spyker change was done) without removing the end bit.
    But I thought that only applied when racing as the same team and same entity. This is a new team with a new licence and is not a continuation of the previous Sahara Force India team. It does not get the prize money from last year or the points accumulated to date so should be treated as if any other organisation started up a team and got the license that was removed from the original force india.

I forgot about BMW Sauber Ferrari! What a moniker

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Lando Norris going fast than Stoffel Vandoorne while on harder compounds. I'd really like to see Lando racing next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

So is Danny Ric just not going to set a time ?

Ms

kopite386 wrote: »
    So is Danny Ric just not going to set a time ?

Its looks like he might get out for the last 10 minutes. Does anyone else think the team are upset, annoyed or angry with him saying mid season that he's leaving the team to go to Renault next year?

So Riccardo only got out for the last 5 minutes so only got to do one lap.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,056 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Just watched the last few laps of Jordan winning in Belgium
    Good times

Ms

Kim currently leading fp3 with 15 minutes to go. It is very close between the top three drivers. I think qualifying is going to be very exciting and very close. Really hope this is Kimi,s weekend.

Vettel just ahead now by a couple of hundreds of a second.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Stoffel Vandoorne nearly crashed into the side of Bottas. Session red flagged. Very strange incident. He did not touch him but did loose control of his car but kept it out of the barriers.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Actually it looks like it was Val Bottas fault. He did not see Vandoorne and squeezed him out onto the grass.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

AMKC wrote: »
    Stoffel Vandoorne nearly crashed into the side of Bottas. Session red flagged. Very strange incident. He did not touch him but did loose control of his car but kept it out of the barriers.

Very strange indeed, looked like Bottas was on a slow lap and didn't know Vandoorne was there. He let Alonso through on the run down to eau rouge, could have been a miscommunication with his engineer. Regardless it was pretty messy, wouldn't surprise me to see Bottas with a penalty

Ms

Session green flagged now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Gasly lost it coming out of the pits lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

skipper_G wrote: »
    Very strange indeed, looked like Bottas was on a slow lap and didn't know Vandoorne was there. He let Alonso through on the run down to eau rouge, could have been a miscommunication with his engineer. Regardless it was pretty messy, wouldn't surprise me to see Bottas with a penalty

Agree I think he will. No excuse saying he did not see him. The team should have told him and he should have been checking his mirrors and known the Vandoorne was behind him and quiet close to him.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

skipper_G wrote: »
    wouldn't surprise me to see Bottas with a penalty

The fact that Bottas starts from the back of the grid anyway makes any penalty for him worthless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭kksaints

The fact that Bottas starts from the back of the grid anyway makes any penalty for him worthless.

Could they carry the penalty over for the next race? Or do grid penalties for accidents only carry if it happens during the race?

Advertisement