Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 3 Captain Poll

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Mané (BHA)
    Easy decision for me, Salah. Have Aguero too and captained him last week but not going to spin that Pep wheel 2 weeks in a row when salah has such a nice fixture!

(I’m only joking on the Pep bit, no issue with Aguero starting)

Mkhitaryan (WHU)
    MrMac84 wrote: »
    How has your season started? I’ve started terribly and PEA could help me recoup some of the ground I’ve lost but also if he blanks or gets dropped I could lose major ground on everyone and be out of a lot of my leagues

Currently sitting in the top 20,602.

Don’t be following me on Aubameyang. I’m just outlining the reasons why I think it’s between him and Salah.

I currently have it on him. Busts makes a very good point about Salah too. That and his high captaincy could kill anyone not going with him. If he clicks.

He’s scored well already and those scores could have been doubled had he taken some of his chances.

Mkhitaryan (WHU)
    Green&Red wrote: »
    You don’t have the balls to follow through with this

Still have my girlfriends balls in a jar.

I have lots of balls. All the balls. I’d say only McGinty has more balls than me but that’s more a weight thing.

I captained Defoe over Salah last season when I was still fairly competitive and it was a skinny game week so there was only 4-6 captain options.

Salah scored 4 goals. Defoe got a run-out, late on, for 1 point.

Don’t talk to me about balls/stupidity.

Mkhitaryan (WHU)
    Dearg81 wrote: »
    I think they'll get hammered too but I reckon PEA will be left wing and Lacazette upfront in these easy home games. He'll still probably rack up a good score though but he'll essentially be playing the same position as Mkhy which puts me off him (assuming I'm right).

The thought of this makes it easier to captain Salah.

I still think it’s between Ramsey and Iwobi for the final position of the attacking 4.

But if I’m wrong then I’m fooked.

I know people will say Aubameyang can score off the left but I want my strikers playing in the box. Especially for Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Mané (BHA)
    Still have my girlfriends balls in a jar.

Whatever floats your boat, I’m not here to judge

• Advertisement

Mkhitaryan (WHU)
    Green&Red wrote: »
    Whatever floats your boat, I’m not here to judge

It’s a line from a movie.

Who are you captaining ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Mané (BHA)
    If you’re explaining ur losing

That’s not from a film, I just said that

Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Am I missing something here?

Auba is a great choice this week. So too is Salah.

I don't have Auba so I'll likely captain Salah, but it's not exactly too outlandish to captain Aubamayang is it? He had a few chances the last week, and I'd dearly love to have him in my team this week but not for what would be a -8.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Can someone post the poll results... Cant see them on the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Mané (BHA)
    Can someone post the poll results... Cant see them on the app.

Aguero (wol) 26.79%
    Sterling (wol) 0%
    Mendy (wol) 0%
    Aubameyang (WHU) 4.76%
    Mkhitaryan (WHU) 0%
    Richarlison (bou) 0%
    Salah (BHA) 59.52%
    Mané (BHA) 6.55%
    Mitrovic (BUR) 0.60%
    Hazard (new) 0.60%
    Kane (mun) 1.19%
    Other 0 %

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Mané (BHA)

I don't have Auba so I'll likely captain Salah, but it's not exactly too outlandish to captain Aubamayang is it? He had a few chances the last week, and I'd dearly love to have him in my team this week but not for what would be a -8.

Auba could score well but he's yet to score and confidence is a big thing with strikers he missed an absolute sitter against Chelsea. It makes sense that Salah and Aguero are leading the poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Mané (BHA)
    Salah.

Aguero was up last week, Salahs turn to shine.

Happy just to own Auba as well as the other two so have all three big captain options.

Mané (BHA)

I took a -8 and got him! What happened to you man? You used to be cool.... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Mané (BHA)

Triple Captain...

More than likely a net 54 point gain, give or take.
    I'll just leave that there.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,262 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Sterling (wol)
    Salah the obvious choice, but I thought he was way off the pace last week. Aguero is on fire, and when he goes on a run...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »
    I took a -8 and got him! What happened to you man? You used to be cool.... :cool:

It was GW3 or so when we both took a hit to get Jovetic in as captain a few years ago too, I believe? :D:pac:

Usually I need subtle pushes in the wrong direction to go full Prodston, and that is a subtle push :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Mitrovic (BUR)
    I really want to captain mane, he looks the sharpest of the Liverpool trio right now. I have mane salah aguero and auba so I'm spoiled for choice, is choosing mane a stupid idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,262 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Sterling (wol)
    MR NINE wrote: »
    I really want to captain mane, he looks the sharpest of the Liverpool trio right now. I have mane salah aguero and auba so I'm spoiled for choice, is choosing mane a stupid idea?

He's without doubt the sharpest Liverpool attacker at the moment. Firmino and Salah not into top gear yet,not near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Like I do with my gks (set and forget) I’m tempted to leave the captaincy on salah for the whole season....barring injury. Yes he might not be the highest scorer every week but it is likely he will be the top (or close to) points per gw come end of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭JayJoe1990

Mkhitaryan (WHU)
    Supa auba. Might even triple captain him I'm that confident of an arsenal fightback

• Advertisement

Mané (BHA)
    It was GW3 or so when we both took a hit to get Jovetic in as captain a few years ago too, I believe? :D:pac:

Usually I need subtle pushes in the wrong direction to go full Prodston, and that is a subtle push :cool:

In fairness I had other reasons for the -8, not just to get Auba. And I'm not captaining.

Thought we were never to speak of the Jovetic incident again...... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Sterling (wol)
    Getting very very tempted by Aguero the closer to deadline it gets

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭893bet

Kun is on form. And a differential.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Mitrovic (BUR)
    Anyone punting Mane over Salah? Tempted, heart says no, head says yes. Will prob play it 'safe' with Salah but would love to punt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Auba

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

This decision kept me awake last night.

I had planned to just leave the C on Salah for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Mané (BHA)
    Went Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Mané (BHA)
    Salah.

Any chance for future polls to not to be so public?

Not a big deal for me, but some users might not use poll if their h2h or league opponents can see their choice every week.

Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Mitrovic (BUR)
    wonski wrote: »
    Salah.

Any chance for future polls to not to be so public?

Not a big deal for me, but some users might not use poll if their h2h or league opponents can see their choice every week.

Just a thought.

I'd argue it helps a lot with their decision. Wanted to go for Mane but Salah (C) got my choice due to FOMO. If he does well and Mane doesn't, win win. If Mane does well, Salah doesn't, don't lose out as not many have him captained according to poll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Mané (BHA)
    I think you misunderstood me ;)

Advertisement