Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merits of the Little Chia Seed in weight control diet

Options
  • 21-08-2018 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭

Packed with omega3, iron, magnesium and other properties, it is great for thickening jams when not using sugar, using xylitol instead of sugar, makes the jam great for diabetics and weight watching, also used in bread making, I use some on home made burgers also, and no one noticed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tamara25

I take Linwood’s linseed mix a lot for keeping my bowels moving. Would it be a good idea to try the chia seeds for a while I wonder? What do they taste like?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

tamara25 wrote: »
    I take Linwood’s linseed mix a lot for keeping my bowels moving. Would it be a good idea to try the chia seeds for a while I wonder? What do they taste like?

Of nothing really

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

tamara25 wrote: »

You can add them to sauces, without people noticing them, and you can take them, but they have to be put in liquid of your liking first, they are tasteless which is great, they can be put in stews, cassroles, I sometimes soak them in OJ for a few hours and drink the lot, very helpful if you have a sluggish bowel

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tamara25

Thanks, I think it’s good to try different foods, supplements sometimes, one thing can be more beneficial than another.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

The blackberries are up and ripening these days, I go out and collect wash and cook them, adding a couple spoons of stevia and stirring, and then when cooled down a bit, I add plenty Chia seeds, and leave to set, the chia seeds, thicken the jam, I use it on toast, porridge, and with natural yogurt, love it, no additives, and all good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

I've mixed them in with yogurts before - no real taste difference, just adds a bit of texture.

Advertisement