Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn 4 Live Thread (Spoilers included)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    It started at 12 as opposed to 1. I'm assuming because they want this match to be over by 2:30 so crowd aren't wrecked at SS tomorrow.

They'll need a good sleep to be ready for Reigns/Lesnar after five hours of Summerslam.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Jesus the crutch. Why can't the main roster do this kind of story telling. Such a small thing and it means so much! Amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Hahaha what a fuc*ing idiot

Good match but didn't live up to their other bouts and I didn't like that ending.

Still, great Takeover. These shows are so consistent in quality.

Think I'd have Kairi/Baszler as MOTN. I really liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Your move main roster, your move.

• Advertisement

This time tomorrow night, we'll just be after passing the half way point of Summerslam.

Sufferin' Christ...

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Jesus the crutch. Why can't the main roster do this kind of story telling. Such a small thing and it means so much! Amazing

The rivalry started with a knee injury, and it looks like it's finished because of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Not a particularly satisfactory ending I have to say. It’s been a hell of a feud, I’ve loved it but they’ve done everything they can do at this point, draw a line under it. I guess Aleister Black getting injured changed things but really they should be giving Gargano the feud ending win and moving on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Thought Baszler and Sane was a bit awkward but I guess that's not necessarily a bad thing. It wasn't pretty anyway and felt like a struggle as opposed to an overly rehearsed "sequence" as Michael Cole annoyingly likes to say.

Surprised Sane won. Pleasant surprise. Vinnie to throw a curveball and have Baszler cost Ronda?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Thought the tag match was the match of the night. Those four have put on some matches in this feud. Cole and Ricochet was very good too, but I wasn’t exactly blown away by EC3 v Dream. Kairi v Shayna was very enjoyable. Looks like Shayna is moving up.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,774 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Was going to say Undisputed Era would move up but with only Cole losing last night I don't think so. Hardly call Adam Cole up solo ??

Think Dream and Lars Sullivan will go up, Shayna maybe too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not sure if boards is playing up again or not, but can't see the comment I just posted.

I loved that show. Felt Dream vs EC3 was the weakest match (the most "WWE" match), but even it entertained and Dream needed a big win.

Loved the women's match, adored the tag match. The superkick to Richochet was sick.

And I adore Gargano/Ciampa. Could watch the two fight forever. From a pure storytelling point of view, I can't think of another feud I've enjoyed, EVER.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see Undisputed Era finally updated their logo to include Strong. Except in their armbands. Liked the bit on the preshow where Kyle was tuning his belt. :)
    Moustache Mountain looked great in that match. As did Era of course.

Cole's superkick to the neck looked painful.

Shayna is someone the other horsewomen should be looking to emulate. She's come a long way snce the MYC in ability and character. Of course the problem could then be too many similarities between them.

Great NXT title match but wasn't a fan of the ending. Was hard to tell if the booing was for Ciampa winning or the ending.

2 things NXT does well: gives us heels in Ciampa and Shayna that get the heat they're meant to. No cheap heat. Just through their actions.
    And then for the matches, no matter who your favourite is you rarely feel that the winner didn't deserve it.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    2 things NXT does well: gives us heels in Ciampa and Shayna that get the heat they're meant to. No cheap heat. Just through their actions.
    And then for the matches, no matter who your favourite is you rarely feel that the winner didn't deserve it.

Totally agree. That Takeover made me realise how often I don't care who wins in a WWE match. But with Sane and Gargano, I was really rooting for them.

Too often now, the heel is too cool to go against but as you said, Ciampa and Baszler do their jobs so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Post show interview with Triple H
    https://www.facebook.com/wwe/videos/vb.7175346442/209470993257523/?type=2&theater

Mentions Dream's "Call me up Vince".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I wouldnt watch Nxt every week but i do catch most of the takeover ppvs.

Great takeover last night i thought. Really like Riochet, Dream and Adam Cole Bay Bay.

I really do like Ciampa and Gargano but i dont expect too much from them when they do make it to the big leagues. They are just way too small to be at the very top. Both fantastic workers and i think will have solid mid-card careers.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

WOW WOW WOW. What an event start to finish. Didn’t drag at all unlike tonight’s SummerFest. How the same company can give us gripping entertainment and tension in NXT and then the boo-fest in Reigns Lesnar is beyond me.

WWE need to seriously adapt their look and feel. There is a serious appetite for Indy wrestling again people are screaming out for an alternative to WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Loughc wrote: »
    WWE need to seriously adapt their look and feel. There is a serious appetite for Indy wrestling again people are screaming out for an alternative to WWE.

They got their billion dollar tv deal with the way they already handle the main roster

They're giving us an alternative to WWE with NXT

This is as good as it's gonna get until Vince is gone I'm afraid

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

b4xmiv.jpg

Ref’s face says it all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Not really sure how Velveteen would do on the main roster. Even his booking on NXT has the vibe of being afraid to put him over at the expense of other wrestlers so was glad he finally got a big win last night.

Can't really recall any flamboyant acting performer that they pushed to the moon since Michaels and even then it's debatable.

Loughc wrote: »
    b4xmiv.jpg

Ref’s face says it all.

IN GIF FORM

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/1030972171752022022

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

The finish to that main event was so hilariously stupid. Gargano looked like the biggest loser imaginable losing the match by literally running off the stage and knocking Ciampa into a position where he could easily stand up. For a blood feud I was so invested in at the start I've just become less interested in it since their match at New Orelans, and I hated that last night.

I thought the rest of the show was pretty great. Sane vs Baszler was probably my favourite match, last few minutes of that were wild. Baszler defeated in the same way as against Moon with a flash pin counter to a submission, keeping her well protected.

Ricochet never ceases to amaze me. I don't think there is anybody as good as him at making wrestling look so easy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ali Bomaye wrote: »
    The finish to that main event was so hilariously stupid. Gargano looked like the biggest loser imaginable losing the match by literally running off the stage and knocking Ciampa into a position where he could easily stand up. For a blood feud I was so invested in at the start I've just become less interested in it since their match at New Orelans, and I hated that last night.

I loved it.

The story telling was great. Gargano had Ciampa beat. He had the match won. He could have kicked Ciampa in the face and taken the title.

And that wasn't enough for him.

Ciampa was begging for mercy, but Gargano NEEDED his revenge. He needed to use the exposed knee not just to win but to beat Ciampa. He wanted to rub that victory into Ciampa's face, to destroy Ciampa's ego rather than just end his reign, just like Ciampa did to him.

And that hubris cost him utterly. He embraced the darkness, embraced the worst part of his character....and that cost him everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I loved it.

The story telling was great. Gargano had Ciampa beat. He had the match won. He could have kicked Ciampa in the face and taken the title.

And that wasn't enough for him.

Ciampa was begging for mercy, but Gargano NEEDED his revenge. He needed to use the exposed knee not just to win but to beat Ciampa. He wanted to rub that victory into Ciampa's face, to destroy Ciampa's ego rather than just end his reign, just like Ciampa did to him.

And that hubris cost him utterly. He embraced the darkness, embraced the worst part of his character....and that cost him everything.

I'd kind of agree with you if this was about the last TakeOver, where they went for the same story and it was done a lot better. But Gargano losing a match by running off the stage and tripping over a box has to be one of the funniest 'look at this idiot' moments. This is like a parody of a blood feud at this stage with the hokey will he won't he retirement angle for Gargano, the melodramatic mid match promos and then what we got last night. I often see people complain about why they should care about a babyface when that babyface is shown to be an idiot, and I'm not sure I've ever seen more of an idiot babyface than what Gargano looked like last night, and it annoys me to say that because I was more invested in the story of Gargano than anyone else in the company.

Advertisement