Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: David vs. Goliath (US)-[**SPOILERS**]

Options
  • 15-08-2018 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭

Survivor: David vs. Goliath (US)-[**SPOILERS**]

Logo37.jpg

Season 37 of the greatest show in town CBS Survivor is due to premiere on Wednesday 26th September 2018 8/7c,8 PM Eastern Time/7 PM Central Time.This is the sixth season to take place in Fiji (Mamanuca Islands).

The season will feature 20 new castaways divided into two tribes embodied by two biblical figures: "David",composed of ten underdogs who constantly have to overcome obstacles,and "Goliath",composed of ten topdogs who have used their advantages in life to rise to the top.

The 20 new castaways include filmmaker and two-time Amazing Race contestant Mike White,professional wrestler John Hennigan,and model/actor Daniel Rengering.

Chrome link to the rumoured castaways.

http://insidesurvivor.com/cast/survivor-season-37-cast-revealed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Eeek! Seems weird to be entering a season with no returning players where I have a fondness for a contestant and would really like to see them do well (Mike White).

Also, not sure how interested people are in hearing about season 38 as there's a lot of info already out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

A tough beginning, and rough departure, but I love this season already. Obviously, I'm fully supporting the David Tribe all the way. C'mon the Underdogs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Yup, great to be back, even though Australian Survivor has been very good, it's not Probst. Quite like some of the players on the David tribe, seem like some good personalities.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Jesus the last few minutes were hard to watch. Glad he was OK.

I have a good feeling about this season.

It's crazy how people only know Mike White from TAR. :)

Like it so far. I think it's a good thing that there are no contestants we know already.

Plus, earliest romance ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

I like it but am getting a fake nerd vibe from Cristian, he's very forced like, too Sheldonesque, I don't know, just very skeptical at this point that he's real and not an actor, crazy right!!! It's like reverse Gaydar, Nerdar? NOT A NERD!!!! Hon the David's!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Yeah the David tribe all the way.

Early optimism that this could be a very good season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,884 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Holy crap new Survivor! I thought it was a bug when I saw it in my download queue.

Pretty good start, a bit of potential compared to last season anyway (actually I dont remember anything of last season).

Good cast, worried about the weather. I take no enjoyment from a season of 38 days of hardship.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Good cast, worried about the weather. I take no enjoyment from a season of 38 days of hardship.

I do :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

:confused: Thats the best part
    The women on the goliaths tribes are A level bitches
    John Morrison is kinda in love with himself

Surprised that people enjoy the seasons with the adverse so much. For me Survivor became less about survival a long time ago. Don't care when they are starved of food, don't care when they are battling the elements. The more energy they have the more strategising that can be done and the more privacy they get the more strategising that can be done.

Surprised that people enjoy the seasons with the adverse so much. For me Survivor became less about survival a long time ago. Don't care when they are starved of food, don't care when they are battling the elements. The more energy they have the more strategising that can be done and the more privacy they get the more strategising that can be done.

I find only strategy boring, i felt they needed to go back to the old days where they had to work harder
    It was more interesting, last season imo saved Survivor but how often recently have two super players made the final
    They need to get rid of idols for a while to they have gotten boring

irishman86 wrote: »
    I find only strategy boring, i felt they needed to go back to the old days where they had to work harder
    It was more interesting, last season imo saved Survivor but how often recently have two super players made the final
    They need to get rid of idols for a while to they have gotten boring
    Why do you say that? Worst Ive ever seen and Ive watched them all since day 1 imo.

Thargor wrote: »
    Why do you say that? Worst Ive ever seen and Ive watched them all since day 1 imo.

I felt we had two players going up against each other who manipulated everyone
    It was the strongest social play i had seen as shown in the votes
    Ive also watched from day one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Survivor is at it's best when people are scheming, lines in the sand are drawn, alliances going at it, whispered conversations and hiding in bushes, etc.

38 days straight of rain ruins the chance to scheme in the woods because they spend 18 hours a day in the shelter huddling to stay warm.

Whoop, first tribal council of the season was great - as much as I enjoyed the Premiere last week, things really don't get going until a Tribal takes place. Hopefully the next Immunity Challenge will be swayed a little more in the David's favour, because these last two challenges definitely served the Goliath's strengths. The challenge really need to be more of an even playing field in a season like this for it to work. And before anyone says it came down to the puzzle, the puzzle also was a mostly physical one, so it still favoured the Goliaths.

Still think Lyrsa is the weakest player.Amazing when a name is thrown out there's a tendency as part of our human condition to rebel against been told what to do irrespective of the logic/perceived threat Gabby faced.

Bi was simply awful in the IC,her whole spiel back at camp was a bit unreal considering her inept performance.

Agreed re a season long interrupted by inclement conditions but I like them to face a period of hardship over the season,informs one greatly re the players.

It has been noted that seasons with the odd numbers have more inclement weather as they're shot at the tail end of the Fiji rain season!

Christian is like putty in Gabby's hands,serious crush there me thinks.A lot of the guys need to start playing their own game.

Dan is not the smartest player leaving his HII around for it to be found.

Natalie is slightly kooky and isolating herself in spite of endeavours to offer her some self help and enable a bit of self awareness.Possibly the generational gap is a factor.

Great to see a win for team David in the IC,set up for same with the puzzle.

Jeremy was very polarising and paranoid but can't understand how they're keeping Natalie in the game.

She contributes nothing to the tribe except bad vibes.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

It was obvious who was going to go tonight. all the airtime he got.

• Advertisement

Delighted Natalia went,epic tribal council.

Pretty obvious she was going,her attitude around camp stank.

Departing remark "shut up":D

Entirely predictable the feeling isolated Gabby would save the day as the caller in the IC.Got to romance potential there with Christian.

Liking the concept of the nullifier,not so much exile island's return.

The sooner Natalie's gone the better.

What a arrogant girl
    Delighted to see her gone

Gabby/Christian calling it now they getting married :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

A bit crazy to vote her out, now it leaves 3 David's in the majority, and it shows he's not trustworthy. Though happy to see her go, she was such a wagon.

I can't believe nobody has just told Natalie to chill out or do it herself.

Delighted with that vote out,quelle surprise Natalie did not offer up her jacket.Must'nt be a million bucks!:D

She a truly overbearing bully who wanted everything her own way.A shocking lack of self awareness or more likely she just did'nt give a damn what anybody thinks.

Angelina did'nt exactly come clean that she had ownership of the germination of the idea to coercively laying claim to the jacket.:rolleyes:

Alec really impressed this week.

Loving the inclusivity of the three amigos,the two jocks and the nerd.

This season is the least interested I've been in a season of Survivor in years. Don't think it's the quality of the season that's the issue though. Probably just a bit jaded at this stage. Maybe there's too much survivor available these days.

This season is the least interested I've been in a season of Survivor in years. Don't think it's the quality of the season that's the issue though. Probably just a bit jaded at this stage. Maybe there's too much survivor available these days.
    I was like that with the last 2 seasons, cant remember a single thing about them now. Im enjoying this season slightly more but my Survivor hype is only a fraction of what it used to be, if the episodes werent auto-downloading to my watchlist Id probably have forgotten about it by now.

I'm loving this season so far. The majority of the castaways are very likeable.

Natalie..........Natalie........

Well that was hilarious and totally self inflicted
    I hope shes the next to go, mostly because she laughed at the davids when they came on the boat at the start.
    She thinks shes the bomb when in reality shes meh

Christian funnily enough is well the definition of nerd but he has remarkable people skills that i didnt think he had. Hes doing really well at being popular

Right now for me hes the stand out star of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I get the feeling that if Angelina was playing 10 years ago, she would be a strong favorite to win. She has been finessing everyone since day one. She reminds me of Kim, who did the same thing and won her season. Theres a bit of Parvati in there too which you could see by her buttering up of Nick at the tribal. Now though? I doubt it.

All the people on the show now have watched for over 36 seasons.....so they are wise to her type of game and I can see her getting the boot because of it. The jacket thing only highlighted to everyone else how good she was at manipulation.

She's playing hard though and I was glad she was kept over Lyrsa. Lyrsa was stupid to think Nick would go to rocks for her. I mean seriously....how dumb do you have to be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

seligehgit wrote: »
    Delighted with that vote out,quelle surprise Natalie did not offer up her jacket.Must'nt be a million bucks!:D
    Loving the inclusivity of the three amigos,the two jocks and the nerd.
    Seriously have any of these contestants not seen the show before - not packing jackets and trackie bottoms etc!! They film the show during rainy seasons on purpose! :)

Advertisement