Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Wheelchair ticket help

  • 13-08-2018 10:51am
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭ Ginger83


    Hi

    I'm a new wheelchair user and wondered could someone help explain how i go about getting a ticket as a wheelchair user?


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ ProudDUB


    I think the Irish Wheelchair Association have most (if not all) of the wheelchair ticket allocation. Try contacting them. Your local club could be worth a shout too.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭ Ginger83


    ProudDUB wrote: »
    I think the Irish Wheelchair Association have most (if not all) of the wheelchair ticket allocation. Try contacting them. Your local club could be worth a shout too.

    Thanks but the IWA told me to contact Supervalu or a local club.


  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭ Stationmaster


    For the All Ireland Final I think you have to contact Croke Park (if it's not too late to do so already) and I think they draw names out of a hat for a set amount of passes. They have full discretion anyway is what I was told before. Definitely your club will be no help to you in this matter.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭ kala85


    Contact your County secretary and Croke Park.

    County secretary can request wheel chair tickets. You need to have a record of going to matches throughout the year.

    Its unlikely you will get some for the all Ireland hurling at this stage.

    You might get a few for the football all Ireland.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ ProudDUB


    Ginger83 wrote: »
    Thanks but the IWA told me to contact Supervalu or a local club.

    SuperValu don't sell AI final tickets, so they won't be able to assist you. Your local club will already have a waiting list for final tickets. It's unlikely they'd be able (or willing) to help you out unless you have contacts in the club, you know a member, or you have a track record of going to games.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭ Ginger83


    ProudDUB wrote: »
    SuperValu don't sell AI final tickets, so they won't be able to assist you. Your local club will already have a waiting list for final tickets. It's unlikely they'd be able (or willing) to help you out unless you have contacts in the club, you know a member, or you have a track record of going to games.

    I contacted the club secretary but was basically told its impossible forget it.

    I've just never seen such a run around with everyone passing the buck.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ ProudDUB


    I'd try The Wheelchair Association again. Whoever directed you to go to a Supervalu for AI final tickets the first time, clearly didn't know what they were talking about. Someone in the organization knows what goes on with wheelchair AI final tickets, as I have often seen their name bandied about here at this time of year.

    That being said, there is only a small number of wheelchair accessible tickets to go around. Unless you already have a connection to someone in the GAA, the GAA heirarchy, a club affiliation, or a connection to one of the sponsors, your odds of getting a ticket are slim, just like everyone else who wants to go to the final & who has none of the above either.

    Edit: I've just re read your original post. Are you talking about tickets for the AI finals in Croker, or just wheelchair tickets in general?


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭ kala85


    Ginger83 wrote: »
    I contacted the club secretary but was basically told its impossible forget it.

    I've just never seen such a run around with everyone passing the buck.

    Did you do as below.

    Contact your County secretary and Croke Park.

    County secretary can request wheel chair tickets. You need to have a record of going to matches throughout the year.

    Its unlikely you will get some for the all Ireland hurling at this stage.

    You might get a few for the football all Ireland.

    Its normally only participating counties get them but you need a strong application from your County secretary.

    Your only in the running for a final ticket if you have been to matches all along and going to the semi finals, quarter finals.

    Check your pm


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭ Ginger83


    ProudDUB wrote: »
    I'd try The Wheelchair Association again. Whoever directed you to go to a Supervalu for AI final tickets the first time, clearly didn't know what they were talking about. Someone in the organization knows what goes on with wheelchair AI final tickets, as I have often seen their name bandied about here at this time of year.

    That being said, there is only a small number of wheelchair accessible tickets to go around. Unless you already have a connection to someone in the GAA, the GAA heirarchy, a club affiliation, or a connection to one of the sponsors, your odds of getting a ticket are slim, just like everyone else who wants to go to the final & who has none of the above either.

    Edit: I've just re read your original post. Are you talking about tickets for the AI finals in Croker, or just wheelchair tickets in general?

    Both but i've only got my powerchair so haven't used it to a game yet.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭ Ginger83


    kala85 wrote: »
    Did you do as below.

    Contact your County secretary and Croke Park.

    County secretary can request wheel chair tickets. You need to have a record of going to matches throughout the year.

    Its unlikely you will get some for the all Ireland hurling at this stage.

    You might get a few for the football all Ireland.

    Its normally only participating counties get them but you need a strong application from your County secretary.

    Your only in the running for a final ticket if you have been to matches all along and going to the semi finals, quarter finals.

    Check your pm

    Yes so i contacted CP who said go to County Secretary who said forget it.


  • Advertisement
Advertisement