Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wheelchair ticket help

• 13-08-2018 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm a new wheelchair user and wondered could someone help explain how i go about getting a ticket as a wheelchair user?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I think the Irish Wheelchair Association have most (if not all) of the wheelchair ticket allocation. Try contacting them. Your local club could be worth a shout too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Ginger83

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I think the Irish Wheelchair Association have most (if not all) of the wheelchair ticket allocation. Try contacting them. Your local club could be worth a shout too.

Thanks but the IWA told me to contact Supervalu or a local club.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

For the All Ireland Final I think you have to contact Croke Park (if it's not too late to do so already) and I think they draw names out of a hat for a set amount of passes. They have full discretion anyway is what I was told before. Definitely your club will be no help to you in this matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭kala85

Contact your County secretary and Croke Park.

County secretary can request wheel chair tickets. You need to have a record of going to matches throughout the year.

Its unlikely you will get some for the all Ireland hurling at this stage.

You might get a few for the football all Ireland.

Ginger83 wrote: »
    Thanks but the IWA told me to contact Supervalu or a local club.

SuperValu don't sell AI final tickets, so they won't be able to assist you. Your local club will already have a waiting list for final tickets. It's unlikely they'd be able (or willing) to help you out unless you have contacts in the club, you know a member, or you have a track record of going to games.

• Advertisement

SuperValu don't sell AI final tickets, so they won't be able to assist you. Your local club will already have a waiting list for final tickets. It's unlikely they'd be able (or willing) to help you out unless you have contacts in the club, you know a member, or you have a track record of going to games.

I contacted the club secretary but was basically told its impossible forget it.

I've just never seen such a run around with everyone passing the buck.

I'd try The Wheelchair Association again. Whoever directed you to go to a Supervalu for AI final tickets the first time, clearly didn't know what they were talking about. Someone in the organization knows what goes on with wheelchair AI final tickets, as I have often seen their name bandied about here at this time of year.

That being said, there is only a small number of wheelchair accessible tickets to go around. Unless you already have a connection to someone in the GAA, the GAA heirarchy, a club affiliation, or a connection to one of the sponsors, your odds of getting a ticket are slim, just like everyone else who wants to go to the final & who has none of the above either.

Edit: I've just re read your original post. Are you talking about tickets for the AI finals in Croker, or just wheelchair tickets in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭kala85

Ginger83 wrote: »
    I contacted the club secretary but was basically told its impossible forget it.

I've just never seen such a run around with everyone passing the buck.

Did you do as below.

County secretary can request wheel chair tickets. You need to have a record of going to matches throughout the year.

Its normally only participating counties get them but you need a strong application from your County secretary.

Your only in the running for a final ticket if you have been to matches all along and going to the semi finals, quarter finals.

Check your pm

I'd try The Wheelchair Association again. Whoever directed you to go to a Supervalu for AI final tickets the first time, clearly didn't know what they were talking about. Someone in the organization knows what goes on with wheelchair AI final tickets, as I have often seen their name bandied about here at this time of year.

That being said, there is only a small number of wheelchair accessible tickets to go around. Unless you already have a connection to someone in the GAA, the GAA heirarchy, a club affiliation, or a connection to one of the sponsors, your odds of getting a ticket are slim, just like everyone else who wants to go to the final & who has none of the above either.

Edit: I've just re read your original post. Are you talking about tickets for the AI finals in Croker, or just wheelchair tickets in general?

Both but i've only got my powerchair so haven't used it to a game yet.

kala85 wrote: »
    Did you do as below.

Its normally only participating counties get them but you need a strong application from your County secretary.

Your only in the running for a final ticket if you have been to matches all along and going to the semi finals, quarter finals.

Check your pm

Yes so i contacted CP who said go to County Secretary who said forget it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement