Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with the coil? Can you take the pill alongside?

Options
  • 12-08-2018 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I’m just wondering if anyone with Jaydess Coil (lowest dosage of hormones) has had a prolonged period with it?
    I know it says that you should wait up to 6 months for your period to settle and I totally will, but I’m just wondering whether my period will stop or not as I am going on holiday in 10 days and would like to not have it then. I’ve had it for 11 days so far.

I also would like to know if I should expect a very long period because I had the implant and that was a period/menorrhagia NIGHTMARE. 12 weeks of period at one stage. (I know, I’m seriously anaemic too).

Has anyone ever taken the pill with the coil? I took it with the bar to steady my periods which worked well, but I just want to know if it’s safe to do it with Jaydess also.

**I’ve booked a doctors appointment but just like to hear about others’ experiences first hand.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 roseviolet95

I’m just wondering if anyone with Jaydess Coil (lowest dosage of hormones) has had a prolonged period with it?
    I know it says that you should wait up to 6 months for your period to settle and I totally will, but I’m just wondering whether my period will stop or not as I am going on holiday in 10 days and would like to not have it then. I’ve had it for 11 days so far.

I also would like to know if I should expect a very long period because I had the implant and that was a period/menorrhagia NIGHTMARE. 12 weeks of period at one stage. (I know, I’m seriously anaemic too).

Has anyone ever taken the pill with the coil? I took it with the bar to steady my periods which worked well, but I just want to know if it’s safe to do it with Jaydess also.

**I’ve booked a doctors appointment but just like to hear about others’ experiences first hand.

Okay just before anyone replies, I saw my GP this morning and she said it’s usually a little longer when you get your period with the coil, but lighter. And it’s totally safe to take the pill alongside, even the combined pill which is what she prescribed me this morning.

Advertisement