Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apollo house mk2 - 35 Summerhill Parade?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

tintin67 wrote: »
    If the only way a business can survive is by having a constant pool of cheap exploitable labour living in slum conditions then I'd rather that business didn't exist. I'm sure Dublin could cope with fewer coffee shops, burger joints etc.
    A profitable business does not make its workers live in slum conditions. Bad policy does. Nice try though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

If the only way a business can survive is by having a constant pool of cheap exploitable labour living in slum conditions then I'd rather that business didn't exist. I'm sure Dublin could cope with fewer coffee shops, burger joints etc.

These Brazillians would be better off back in the slums of Rio than having the chance to learn English and earn some money in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭tintin67

Edgware wrote: »
    These Brazillians would be better off back in the slums of Rio than having the chance to learn English and earn some money in Dublin

Nobody living in the slums of Rio would have the resources or inclination to pay for an English language course in Dublin, to pay the air fare and the accommodation costs. Fabulous idea anyway to transport them from the slums of Rio to the new slums of Dublin, all in the midst of a massive housing crisis when people who actually come from the area are forced to live in hostels, hotels or on the streets because the affordable flats and houses they would have lived in 20 years ago are all now packed with foreign nationals being exploited by employers and landlords alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Nobody living in the slums of Rio would have the resources or inclination to pay for an English language course in Dublin, to pay the air fare and the accommodation costs. Fabulous idea anyway to transport them from the slums of Rio to the new slums of Dublin, all in the midst of a massive housing crisis when people who actually come from the area are forced to live in hostels, hotels or on the streets because the affordable flats and houses they would have lived in 20 years ago are all now packed with foreign nationals being exploited by employers and landlords alike.

I suppose these foreigners are also taking jobs from the North inner city residents who just can't seem to get a start

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Apparently- they have complied with the terms of the court order- and vacated 35 Summerhill Parade. They have now invaded two fresh properties on North Frederick Street. Sigh......... This could run and run............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Excellent timing all of this publicity with the protests coinciding with the Daft rental report issued today. To overstate just how big of a crisis the rental market in Dublin is impossible; people who worked through the recession whilst renting are in a worse position now than they were the last few years. It is astounding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

Excellent timing all of this publicity with the protests coinciding with the Daft rental report issued today. To overstate just how big of a crisis the rental market in Dublin is impossible; people who worked through the recession whilst renting are in a worse position now than they were the last few years. It is astounding.

Normal people shouldnt take notice of what lay about commies do. I wonder how many of these “people” have ever bothered working. I wonder how much they cost tax payers every month.

garhjw wrote: »

Normal people shouldnt take notice of what lay about commies do. I wonder how many of these “people” have ever bothered working. I wonder how much they cost tax payers every month.

I think it’s more of a disgrace how much money is moved through the economy tax free ie multinationals and SPVs which were used to bought all of the land in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

I think it’s more of a disgrace how much money is moved through the economy tax free ie multinationals and SPVs which were used to bought all of the land in Dublin.

Let them go and protest outside the REITs and multinationals then instead of invading and damaging peoples’ property. They could go and get a job instead of living off tax payers money. There are plenty of jobs out there for people of all abilities / skills.

• Advertisement

garhjw wrote: »

Let them go and protest outside the REITs and multinationals then instead of invading and damaging peoples’ property. They could go and get a job instead of living off tax payers money. There are plenty of jobs out there for people of all abilities / skills.

Where will they live to go work these jobs? Dublin is unaffordable for those working for a below average salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

It's not a LL but a developer who is holding on to a number of vacant properties in the area in the middle of a housing crisis. If you do that you run the risk of squatters.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/owners-of-occupied-summerhill-property-apply-to-high-court-1.3597460
    Mr O’Donnell, who holds the properties in trust for the members of the benefit plan
    The court heard there are 67 members of the benefit plan, including 18 pensioners, who are employees and former employees of Pat O Donnell & Company.
    Thought that meant that the trust was paying for peoples retirement?
    Where will they live to go work these jobs?
    Perhaps where they live now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

I dont care the issue you have if you occupy a property that is not yours and you dont have the owners permission to be there you should be thrown out. All costs legal and rental value of the property for the time occupied should be charged and enforced

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

When the High Court makes an order for the arrest of the persons in occupation.

I dont care the issue you have if you occupy a property that is not yours and you dont have the owners permission to be there you should be thrown out. All costs legal and rental value of the property for the time occupied should be charged and enforced
    Ah but what about the what abouts

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Why can't a riot squad just follow these lot around so the next building they move to they just get tear gassed and battoned out of it.

Invading other peoples legitimate private property is wrong and there is 0 justification for such.

Why can't a riot squad just follow these lot around so the next building they move to they just get tear gassed and battoned out of it.
    They are entitled to due process.
    Invading other peoples legitimate private property is wrong and there is 0 justification for such.

When the High Court makes the arrest order, it should be executed vigorously.

4ensic15 wrote: »
    They are entitled to due process.

When the High Court makes the arrest order, it should be executed vigorously.

I agree with point 2 , but point 1, due process, they broke into a building, surely due process is the same as any other home invader, remove them immediately.

I agree with point 2 , but point 1, due process, they broke into a building, surely due process is the same as any other home invader, remove them immediately.

It has to be established as a fact in court. It is possible that the criminal trespass legislation could be tweaked. A certain ethnic minority have been doing the same thing for years on land, and there is never any condemnation about it.

• Advertisement

It has to be established as a fact in court. It is possible that the criminal trespass legislation could be tweaked. A certain ethnic minority have been doing the same thing for years on land, and there is never any condemnation about it.

id suggest a lot more than batons for them, but these are all the wayward children of solicitors, doctors and other high earning south Dublin dwellers, you'd have daddies legal team at the door in two seconds if you mistreated this bunch of people that have never and will never experience homelessness outside of this 'knight in shining armour' middle class guilt appeasing masturbation project.

id suggest a lot more than batons for them, but these are all the wayward children of solicitors, doctors and other high earning south Dublin dwellers, you'd have daddies legal team at the door in two seconds if you mistreated this bunch of people that have never and will never experience homelessness outside of this 'knight in shining armour' middle class guilt appeasing masturbation project.

The proper thing to do would be to have a force of garda surround the building backed up by an army riot squad (if we have any army left). A loud hailer should be used to warn all occupants of the building that they have 3 minutes to leave or they will be arrested. If no move after 5 minutes CS gas cannisters should be put into the building. Once a door opens the building should be stormed and all inside arrested without ceremony and conveyed to Cloverhill in readiness for an appearance before the High Court.

The proper thing to do would be to have a force of garda surround the building backed up by an army riot squad (if we have any army left). A loud hailer should be used to warn all occupants of the building that they have 3 minutes to leave or they will be arrested. If no move after 5 minutes CS gas cannisters should be put into the building. Once a door opens the building should be stormed and all inside arrested without ceremony and conveyed to Cloverhill in readiness for an appearance before the High Court.

No need to arrest all. Just arrest five and let the High Court give them a week in Cloverhill to purge their contempt. They would be very popular there, a bit like Richard Here and Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman

No need to arrest all. Just arrest five and let the High Court give them a week in Cloverhill to purge their contempt. They would be very popular there, a bit like Richard Here and Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman

Why should any of them get off? Should the rest be left in the house?

Why should any of them get off? Should the rest be left in the house?

We have to have some left free to organise the protest march to Cloverhill shouting " Jail the Bankers not the ****"

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭GGTrek

They have finally been arrested (I must say I am glad, because these people started to think they could harass as they pleased in Central Dublin and they had started knocking a lot of doors of residential properties in Central Dublin to cause trouble, they are marxist to the core):
    http://www.thejournal.ie/fredrick-street-occupation-activists-evicted-4230857-Sep2018/

GGTrek wrote: »
    They have finally been arrested (I must say I am glad, because these people started to think they could harass as they pleased in Central Dublin and they had started knocking a lot of doors of residential properties in Central Dublin to cause trouble, they are marxist to the core):
    http://www.thejournal.ie/fredrick-street-occupation-activists-evicted-4230857-Sep2018/

The were treated with kid gloves. Why were they able to gather outside the building and chant, disrupt traffic and chant outside Store St, Garda Station? Only one in hospital?

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

Okay..... Great idea but the High court doesnt sentence. District,Circuit Central and specials.

High court is a ruling court, passing direction bail hearings, Injunctions. NO SENTENCING

I dont know where the ill informed get their ideas from.

Commanchie wrote: »
    Okay..... Great idea but the High court doesnt sentence. District,Circuit Central and specials.

High court is a ruling court, passing direction bail hearings, Injunctions. NO SENTENCING

I dont know where the ill informed get their ideas from.

The High Court sentences for contempt. Ask the woman from Villiers Road. I dont know where the ill informed get their ideas from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

The High Court sentences for contempt. Ask the woman from Villiers Road. I dont know where the ill informed get their ideas from.

Wrong

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/justice/criminal_law/criminal_trial/sentence.html

District court deals with contempt of court.

Advertisement