Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society-Moyvalley-August 18th-12:30pm

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭a post punk

Charlie has been posting big numbers aswell lately;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Nah, no one in that first group stands a chance :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Mid twenties and early thirties are not big numbers!!! No practice this week either

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Alanm

Timesheet here lads;

12:30-Tigerwood1-Emurphalot-Charlie IRL
    12:38-Break80-AlanM-TheChamp26
    12:46-Paulos53-Benny79-Timgolfer
    12:54-Brian Rossiter-Roadrunner-Doublecross
    1:02-A post punk-Seve OB-Ballyk

SSbob should be updating the GOTY points before thursday.
    PP

Hey captain, apologies for this but I've just found out I can't make it. Really sorry to be pulling out late.
    I've updated teamer too.
    Alan

Alanm wrote: »
    Timesheet here lads;

12:30-Tigerwood1-Emurphalot-Charlie IRL
    12:38-Break80-AlanM-TheChamp26
    12:54-Brian Rossiter-Roadrunner-Doublecross
    1:02-A post punk-Seve OB-Ballyk

SSbob should be updating the GOTY points before thursday.
    PP

Hey captain, apologies for this but I've just found out I can't make it. Really sorry to be pulling out late.
    I've updated teamer too.
    Alan
    Ok Alan, thanks for letting us know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 ThecHamp26

Ok Alan, thanks for letting us know.

Sorry lads I have to pull out as well sorry

Updated tee times lads
    12:30-Tigerwood1-emurphalot
    12:38-Break80-CharlieIRL-Davo19
    12:54-Brian rossiter-Roadrunner-Doublecross
    1:02-A Post Punk-SeveOB-Ballyk

PP

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Break80

Apologies Captain.
    I am out for tomorrow.
    Have a problem with my elbow all week.
    I finally gave in today and got an x-ray it's a chipped bone rather than tennis elbow as I was hoping.
    I will need 2 nights accommodation for Sligo please.
    Enjoy tomorrow lads see ye in Sligo.

Break80 wrote: »
    Apologies Captain.
    I am out for tomorrow.
    Have a problem with my elbow all week.
    I finally gave in today and got an x-ray it's a chipped bone rather than tennis elbow as I was hoping.
    I will need 2 nights accommodation for Sligo please.
    Enjoy tomorrow lads see ye in Sligo.
    Ok Break80
    Get well soon lad!!

I’ll have to change the timesheet there again lads.
    Tiger,emurphalot and Charlie can go out first and Davo 19 can move to the last group. No change to the rest. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 timgolfer

Sorry guys running a bit late. I’ve just finished work, should be there about 12.45/1.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tigerwood1

RoadRunner wrote: »
    Nah, can't see him dealing well with the pressure on this one.

Thanks the fiver road we'll have to set up a direct debit going forward.

Long day today but course in great nick, well done to emurphalot on the longest drive and thanks to charlie for helping me play a decent back nine. Another win win this season with a great score of 41pts for Brian(and still he is not happy):rolleyes:.

Anychance of getting the player of the year updated captain ?

It’s gas what motivates you Tiger!!

Another good day out with the Society and my playing partners, we were very unlucky with the Society that was out in front of us, obviously a society of causal golfers as they were diabolically slow and all over the place.

Still, we ploughed on, enjoyed the crack and some of the golf was great.
    It was one of those days where I just couldn’t get the ball off the tee, I topped more drives today than what I have done on the last 5 years with both driver and 3 wood. Thankfully my trusty 6 iron was getting me out of trouble all day long, I think I need to start using it off the tee when things go bad. Approach play was ok and thankfully my chipping was spot on, putting let me down yet again though. Had way to many 3 putts so was never going to have a score. I intended to start and finish with the same ball but donated it to the water on 16!!! Added another on 18!! Could have been worse but could have been so much better a round.
    Well done to a post punk for organising and well done to the lads, some scores. Great golf, keep it up.
    See ye all in Sligo, I’ve recripiocal membership of Strandhill I think so might try play there either Friday or Sunday if anyone is up for it.

PS table is updated but I’ll let apostpunk post it.

1st-Brian Rossiter 41pts
    2nd-Paulos53-40pts
    3rd-timgolfer-37points
    Longest drive -emurphalot
    Nearest the pin -Ballyk
    2’s won by Seve OB

Well played today lads with the good scores. I thought Moyvalley was a great course and my first time playing there I would like to return in the near future.

The pace of play wasn’t the problem today,I think the course was overbooked for society golf. Our tee time was delayed by 25 minutes just waiting on the first tee and no one was watching that from the clubhouse. I was talking with the ladies society on the way out afterwards and they were not happy either as they were getting blamed from the group behind them.......
    All the delays definitely affected my own game today between rushing shots and not playing provisional balls because the group behind us were waiting to hit. Very disappointed with my score personally.
    Anyway really looking forward to the culmination of a good year of golf in Sligo!!
    Pp

By the way whomever forgot to pay for a chicken burger and a pint of Guinness ye owe me €20 :))ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tigerwood1

By the way whomever forgot to pay for a chicken burger and a pint of Guinness ye owe me €20 :))ha ha

My money is on roadrunner(he has form):D

I don’t remember anyone drinking Guinness at our table.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

How was the course lads ???

Well done Brian on the win :)

Whoever the moocher is may sure you pay for your Guinness & Burger :P:P:P

Post that table so we can see what the story is before Sligo.

• Advertisement

Course was in great condition. Perfect tee boxes and greens and the rough wasn’t too heavy. I found it hard hold the greens even when coming in from a height. They ran very true and quick ish as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,874 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

It was great to get out with the society again, it's been a long absence with lots going on this year. I had a very enjoyable round with PostPunk, Ballyk and Dave. A bit slow as others have said but it was a long enough track so was never going to be anywhere close to 4 hours. We were quite far forward on the day, which softened the course a bit. In fairness, it was set up pretty nice, condition was good, greens were slow. I found them quite spongy, but they were true. I didn't bother eating after in the clubhouse but I did think it was kind of rude the way they basically demanded that we order now if we want to eat..... and I felt sorry for the 2 societies coming in behind us who had no chance at all of getting fed.

I wasn't expecting much from my game as lately it's been in the gutter. Last good few games have been anywhere between 24-28 points :(. But when I look at it, it has mainly been putting that has been killing me. missing tidlers I've missed at least 5 putts of no more than 12 inches lately. I'm pushing putts, pulling putts pace is ok, but when you have a long one, hit it dead weight but push it, you could be left with an 8 footer :( so 3 putting up to about 9 or 10 holes a round lately is costing me most of my shots. I'm not striking the ball as good as I can either, and wayward shots have been punished by having to knock back out onto fairway sideways.

In truth though, Moyvally is very forgiving, wayward shots are not really punished, unless you find some of that long fescue which in spots did gobble a few balls on us. But it was playing quite short and as a reasonably long hitter it suited me, especially as I was not to wayward.

Started with a solid drive, reasonable chip, an indian putt (burnt the hole) and a tap in par. Second hole, pin high left of green, not a great chip, but about 25 foot should have been a handy 2 putt... but oh no.... I 3 putted :(
    Back in action on 4, nice drive, short in 2 but a good chip and nice putt to give me a bit of confidence back. I did still manage to miss a few makable putts during the round though, 2 footers on 9 & 11 I think and about 10 inches on the last(which was for par after being on in 2 :( )

highlight was 15th where the guys in front stood off their puts to let us play our tee shots and I hit a nice 3 wood pin high, maybe 20 foot left. my putt was half a ball to the left, was sure it was going in for my 2, but I did manage to hold a lovely one on 17 to claim the 2's pot on the day. 36 points for me which left me very happy the way I've been playing, but really if I'm being honest, that was like a 30 pointer on any other course as I thought it was set up very easy. Still, gotta get the ball in the hole though :D

As courses go, it's not the worst, but maybe a few trees around the place would give it a bit of character. It has a bit of a big field feel about it. 16th & 18th are the best holes.

Well done to all prize winners on the day,

Advertisement