Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford and Wexford Clerical officer placement

Options
  • 01-08-2018 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hey,

Opening a thread for anyone who was placed for the clerical officer position and keep track of offers.

I placed

111 Waterford
    62 Wexford

How about you? Any updates on offers would be great.

Good luck

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Paddy2018

Well I placed 42 Wexford and 79 Waterford.
    Seems like we are both reasonably placed.
    However, the next stage will be crucial.

Good Luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

I placed 200+ in Waterford so a little deflated but I'm hoping stage two with be positive and improve my OOM. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ismisebridget

Chalkybot wrote: »
    Hey,

Opening a thread for anyone who was placed for the clerical officer position and keep track of offers.

I placed

111 Waterford
    62 Wexford I

How about you? Any updates on offers would be great.

Good luck

I placed 20 for Waterford and 26 for Tipp. My first choice is Waterford....

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

I know someone who got in the low 300's for Wexford and 400's for Waterford.
    They aren't holding out much hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Chalkybot

Hopefully it's a quicker turn around than the last panel - if anyone starts getting the next stage would be great to keep track ðŸ‘

• Advertisement

Anyone get called for stage two in Waterford or Wexford? If so, can you post here with number

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Booella69

Anyone get called for stage two in Waterford or Wexford? If so, can you post here with number

I personally haven't heard nothing yet but I am in the early 100s for one and late 100s for the other. Would love to hear if and when anyone is called.

On the main forum i haven't seen anyone from Waterford or Wexford yet so maybe they are doing county by county in alphabetical order.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Bailey25

I got called my choices are Wexford and Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Paddy2018

I was called. Wexford and Waterford.

Already had a quick practice try.
    I found The 'Checking Test' quite testing. Anyone try this one?

• Advertisement

What number were you in Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭HelpImAlive

Paddy2018 wrote: »

Think you might have been called for Wexford (I know it will cover both), I've placed higher on the Waterford panel and haven't been called.

Paddy2018 wrote: »

Think you might have been called for Wexford (I know it will cover both), I've placed higher on the Waterford panel and haven't been called.

What was your number? Roughly will do

Early 20s!

Early 20s!

Well then, if you haven't been called no1 from Waterford has. No need to panic yet.

You might let us know if and when you do.

Hi xxxx,

Waterford was called up to 62 on the order of merit this round.

Currently, we do not have set dates for future call ups to stage 2.

Kind Regards

<name removed>

Clerical Officer

T  +353 1 858 7686

Public Appointments Service
    An tSeirbhís um Cheapacháin Phoiblí

Chapter House, 26/30 Abbey Street Upper, Dublin 1, D01 C7W6

Hi xxxx,

Waterford was called up to 62 on the order of merit this round.

Currently, we do not have set dates for future call ups to stage 2.

Kind Regards

<name removed>

Clerical Officer

T  +353 1 858 7686

Public Appointments Service
    An tSeirbhís um Cheapacháin Phoiblí

Chapter House, 26/30 Abbey Street Upper, Dublin 1, D01 C7W6

I'm mid twenty's and one of my colleagues is early 40s and neither of us was called.. unsure to what's going on here so

[quote/]

Best call them. I got that reply shortly after my presiding comment so i was a little surprised and of course starting to panic again lol.

Have you logged into your publicjobs account?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CaptainPoint

Hi, I placed in the top 20 in Wexford and Waterford. I have been invited to stage 2 in two weeks for supervised exams. Best of Luck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Chalkybot

I spoke with them and the have called up

Waterford: 62

Wexford: 56

Which is annoying as I'm 62 in Wexford haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Nynaeve

I placed top 20 for Wexford and Wicklow, going up for Stage 2 this week coming, excited and nervous!

Does anyone have any idea of the salary? I've done some searching but finding it hard to find a definite answer!

Nynaeve wrote: »
    I placed top 20 for Wexford and Wicklow, going up for Stage 2 this week coming, excited and nervous!

Does anyone have any idea of the salary? I've done some searching but finding it hard to find a definite answer!

I was in the original Booklet.

Salary Clerical Officer Personal Pension Contribution (PPC) as of 1st January 2018

€442.84 €471.81 €479.18 €493.54 €514.73 €535.87 €557.02 €578.14 €598.72 €619.29 €633.78 €654.14 €674.38 €705.94 €730.76 €742.14

The starting salary is 442.84 p.w.... unless you are a current civil servant with a higher salary point, in which case you keep your current salary.

Salary Clerical Officer Personal Pension Contribution (PPC) as of 1st January 2018

€442.84 €471.81 €479.18 €493.54 €514.73 €535.87 €557.02 €578.14 €598.72 €619.29 €633.78 €654.14 €674.38 €705.94 €730.76 €742.14

The starting salary is 442.84 p.w.... unless you are a current civil servant with a higher salary point, in which case you keep your current salary.

Thank you! I hope that stupid question isn't an indication of how I'll do on the tests...

Any updates on the OOM??

Any updates on the OOM??

As far as I know the second round assessments aren't finished until this Friday. I did mine last Tuesday and was told not to expect the results until the end of September

Anyone from Cork, Dublin or Wexford may be interested in this.

Clerical Officer in Customs Trade Facilitation

https://www.publicjobs.ie/en/index.php?option=com_jobsearch&view=jobdetails&Itemid=263&cid=97556

This is a separate campaign so you will need to apply for it.

Closing date for applications: 3p.m. on Monday, 10th September 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dublingirlx

Nynaeve wrote: »
    Thank you! I hope that stupid question isn't an indication of how I'll do on the tests...

Hi is this an annual scale? So every year your pay increases?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Bailey25

In the information booklet it says "It is likely that attendance will be required on a 24-hour 7-day shift roster in Dublin. Alternative patterns will be required in the other locations depending on local business needs." So your on call 24hrs 7 days a week am I reading that wrong? For the Clerical Officer in Customs Trade Facilitation

Hi is this an annual scale? So every year your pay increases?

Yes you get an annual incremental increase subject to satisfactory performance.

• Advertisement

Bailey25 wrote: »
    In the information booklet it says "It is likely that attendance will be required on a 24-hour 7-day shift roster in Dublin. Alternative patterns will be required in the other locations depending on local business needs." So your on call 24hrs 7 days a week am I reading that wrong? For the Clerical Officer in Customs Trade Facilitation

No, What I would imagine that it means you can be roster to work days, evenings or night shifts and also over the weekend (like the gardai) but your still only going to work 8 to 12 hours per day & 40 hours per week.

But, because you can be roster to any time of the day or any day of the week, you get the shift-premium.

Advertisement