Advertisement
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

Where to buy old or damaged boats?

Comments

• Every boatyard I've seen has a corner somewhere where the old bust up forgotten boats are. Take a roadtrip and have a nose around, I'm sure they would be open to offers to get rid of the rubbish.

• Done deal and the likes, but you'll need to pay for transport which can be costly (assuming the old boat stays together when being lifted and transported).

• Thanks for the help, finding it super hard to find boatyards online that have older boats, guess its more of a go and see type thing
    fingers crossed i find one and find transport!

• plunkea wrote: »
    Thanks for the help, finding it super hard to find boatyards online that have older boats, guess its more of a go and see type thing

They won't advertise junk on the internet when they are trying to sell items for €,000s. You'd have to call them and ask.

• plunkea wrote: »
    Thanks for the help, finding it super hard to find boatyards online that have older boats, guess its more of a go and see type thing

Don't look for boatyards as such look in the marinas and sailing clubs, Waterways Ireland have been lifting old boats from the lakes, river's and canals around Ireland over the past few months that should be coming up for sale or scraped soon, might be worth giving them a call.

• Advertisement

• fergal.b wrote: »
    Don't look for boatyards as such look in the marinas and sailing clubs, Waterways Ireland have been lifting old boats from the lakes, river's and canals around Ireland over the past few months that should be coming up for sale or scraped soon, might be worth giving them a call.

oh that's a really good idea thanks il give em a call tomorrow

Advertisement