Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 19

Options
  • 30-07-2018 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭

Hi to everyone of the American football forum, where only day's away from our first football action in month's and as the football season rolls in, it brings a new Madden, launching on the 7th and the 10th of August, with early access starting this Thursday August 2nd,

At MaddenPFL we cater for all skill levels on both PS4 and Xbox 1 in our Franchise modes, we have two Xbox franchises one with two game's a week and a second with a game every five day's, on PS4 there is one franchise with two game's a week, with room to grow to a second franchise if there's interest, currently on Xbox sign ups are open with a view to having s team draft in about two week's

There is currently no PC plan's in place, but there have been inquiries about arranging something, so if your interested on PC drop by have a few friendly game's while numbers grow as Madden returns to PC.

We welcome all new or former members to join us, look around and introduce yourself and say where you heard about the site,

https://maddenpfl.com/forums/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I'll join, im not very good but i'll give it a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Not sure whats involved tripper, but if you need someone for the crappiest of crap leagues I'd give it a go..

I'm that stupid i have no idea if i need a copy of Madden 19 or whats even involved, so any pointers would help.

I'm on PS4 platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I'm in the PS4 league on PFL. It's a fantastic community, I definitely recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Anyone thinking of buying this on PC I would highly recommend EA Premier Access instead. €100 instead of €70 but you get:

1. The game as early as August 2nd (can't wait, haven't played madden since 09!).

2. FIFA 19 five says before release, Battlefield V five days before release and Anthem 5 days before release. No word on NBA Live or NHL but they do have last year's versions on their 'vault' that you also have access to.

3. Access to the 'EA Vault' which is you Google it really does have some seriously good titles and big name games on there.

Only downside is that this is a yearly service so you need to renew next year to keep access to the games (eg. so a lot like netflix but for games), except since EA basically do most sports games out there on annual release, plus some big name first person shooters, racing games, etc on annual/bi-annual releases, it really works perfect for them. They seem to move all old sports games directly to the vault too, so you won't suddenly lose all access to madden 19 in August 2019 for example. Their fifa ones go na k to 2015.

I looked and looked for the catch and this is all it seems to be: EA make most of their money off microtransactions so want to give you as much access to their games where they hope you will spend tonnes on MTs. I have feck all interest in these and so I'll be making out like a bandit because of it.

I purchased it last night, it is legit and I've got Madden preloaded and ready to go as soon as I'm in from work on Thursday. For an extra 30 euro it's just obscene value, but I don't think it's available on Xbox or ps4 unfortunately. Think I read that they're trying to iron out some details on it for Xbox but Sony seem to have no interest at all in bringing it to Playstation, which kind of sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

Billy86 wrote: »
    Anyone thinking of buying this on PC I would highly recommend EA Premier Access instead. €100 instead of €70 but you get:

1. The game as early as August 2nd (can't wait, haven't played madden since 09!).

2. FIFA 19 five says before release, Battlefield V five days before release and Anthem 5 days before release. No word on NBA Live or NHL but they do have last year's versions on their 'vault' that you also have access to.

3. Access to the 'EA Vault' which is you Google it really does have some seriously good titles and big name games on there.

Only downside is that this is a yearly service so you need to renew next year to keep access to the games (eg. so a lot like netflix but for games), except since EA basically do most sports games out there on annual release, plus some big name first person shooters, racing games, etc on annual/bi-annual releases, it really works perfect for them. They seem to move all old sports games directly to the vault too, so you won't suddenly lose all access to madden 19 in August 2019 for example. Their fifa ones go na k to 2015.

I looked and looked for the catch and this is all it seems to be: EA make most of their money off microtransactions so want to give you as much access to their games where they hope you will spend tonnes on MTs. I have feck all interest in these and so I'll be making out like a bandit because of it.

I purchased it last night, it is legit and I've got Madden preloaded and ready to go as soon as I'm in from work on Thursday. For an extra 30 euro it's just obscene value, but I don't think it's available on Xbox or ps4 unfortunately. Think I read that they're trying to iron out some details on it for Xbox but Sony seem to have no interest at all in bringing it to Playstation, which kind of sucks.

On Xbox we have ea access pretty much the same, but only costs 25 a year gives you 10 hour trials of all new game's there releasing

There was one or two on pfl posting to see if anyone else was picking it up

• Advertisement

tripperman wrote: »
    On Xbox we have ea access pretty much the same, but only costs 25 a year gives you 10 hour trials of all new game's there releasing

There was one or two on pfl posting to see if anyone else was picking it up
    They have EA Access for €25 on PC too which is a pretty great looking value service in itself, but €75 for the full games for at the very least an entire year year (then to be replaced by the next one, and likely put straight in the vault) vs. a 10 hour trial is a pretty huge difference.

I'm not sure what PFL is? :o

They have EA Access for €25 on PC too which is a pretty great looking value service in itself, but €75 for the full games for at the very least an entire year year (then to be replaced by the next one, and likely put straight in the vault) vs. a 10 hour trial is a pretty huge difference.

I'm not sure what PFL is? :o

Yeah that does sound good, I wonder if that is coming to Xbox, pfl is MaddenPFL where we play madden and run franchises,

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Buttros

Madden will be available from 4pm today (1st) on pc with origin premier. Also set for when I get home.

Nba and nhl aren't on pc at all. Hopefully if madden is a success they bring over nhl anyway.

Yeah that does sound good, I wonder if that is coming to Xbox, pfl is MaddenPFL where we play madden and run franchises,

Ah, got ya! I'd imagine xbox are probably just hammering out some finer details since it's Microsoft also, but I read Sony might be a lot more prickly about it. Apparently they don't allow the €25 one you mentioned and claim it's "bad value for the customer" (which is utter boll*cks if true, both the 25 and 100 plans are some of the best value I've seen on any form of media in a long time).

I'm signed up on it so will let people know how it goes for if it does come out on console.

Buttros wrote: »
    Madden will be available from 4pm today (1st) on pc with origin premier. Also set for when I get home.

Nba and nhl aren't on pc at all. Hopefully if madden is a success they bring over nhl anyway.

You're right on nba/NHL, bad assumption by me. Also agree it would be nice to have them over even though I've little interest in either sport, just to have a bit more of a "full compliment" of sports titles.

Are you certain it's out today? I saw August 2nd but God I hope you're right. Been giddy for a game of it all week like I was a teenager. :pac:

Unrelated, tried out prison architect o near access last night and it's surprisingly fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Buttros wrote: »

When's it out to buy normally for PC? I'm not sure my machine will run it but I can check.

Haven't played one in years anyway. Is there much gameplay now or is it all built around that ultimate team crap like FIFA where nobody plays the actual game any more?

If your PC has an i7 or I5 processor that will be fine (i3 to of the number beside is higher than 4350). G4560 or higher pentium ones should also have no problems.

8GB of ran would be the second bit, what type or speed ram won't really be relevant.

The big catch is that you need a graphics card in the pc, and not the Intel integrated 'HD' graphics that come with the vast majority of computers by default. Anything of the following should do: gtx 660, 750ti, 760, 770, 780, anything from their '9' or '10' series should have no problems (e.g. 960, 1050,etc). I don't know the other models as well but most amd cards should be fine too.

You can probably get a 1050 (standard, not 'TI') 950, 960 or most of the 600/700 models for less than €100 on eBay or adverts.ie from someone who has upgraded to something newer or higher spec. A model ending in '50' might be best there as they barely use any power and so shouldn't put strain on or cause issues with your power supply.

If your PC has an i7 or I5 processor that will be fine (i3 to of the number beside is higher than 4350). G4560 or higher pentium ones should also have no problems.

8GB of ran would be the second bit, what type or speed ram won't really be relevant.

The big catch is that you need a graphics card in the pc, and not the Intel integrated 'HD' graphics that come with the vast majority of computers by default. Anything of the following should do: gtx 660, 750ti, 760, 770, 780, anything from their '9' or '10' series should have no problems (e.g. 960, 1050,etc). I don't know the other models as well but most amd cards should be fine too.

You can probably get a 1050 (standard, not 'TI') 950, 960 or most of the 600/700 models for less than €100 on eBay or adverts.ie from someone who has upgraded to something newer or higher spec. A model ending in '50' might be best there as they barely use any power and so shouldn't put strain on or cause issues with your power supply.

Mine has an i7 with 16GB RAM and a 1050, but the graphics card is a bit dickey and doesn't work very well so I've just been using the integrated graphics. It can't work at all with that then?

I'm guessing it would look a bit like a slideshow, but I'm on an i5 6600K with 16GB too so I'll switch them over really quick today (or tomorrow, depends when the pre-release thingy is out) and will let you know. Not sure what the deal might be with the card, they're typically a case of plug-and-play (also make sure the HDMI is plugged into the graphics card and not down where all the other connections are, might be obvious but I went a few days without noticing when I made mine! :p ).

Just for reference I know GTA also uses the same required graphics card (GTX660) while being quite intensive on the process; here it is on a strong processor but only the integrated graphics, it's scaled down the 720p but is actually pretty reasonable so I'll make to keep you updated - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJhBzAKvse4

Also a lot of games on console are capped at 30 frames per second and a good few games allow this on PC too so I'll check that option as well - 30fps is not 60fps obviously, but consistent is grand and smooth - jumping from 25-40fps erratically though can make it a headache-y experience to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I might actually have time to play this year, but it won't be until October unfortunately.

Just took a look and it seems the old Madden forum from here dead now?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1541

It's been so long since I've got one of these can someone clarify a few things for me? I see different prices for the PC, are there different versions of the game like packs and things? Also, if I buy it I only want to play it normally, no cards, online, or ultimate anything, so is there a version that suits best for that?

Edit - also, I keep seeing 'Madden 19 PC (ORIGIN)' in searches. Is Origin a version of the game or is it a seller like Steam is? Can this be bought on Steam at all?

Patww79 wrote: »
    It's been so long since I've got one of these can someone clarify a few things for me? I see different prices for the PC, are there different versions of the game like packs and things? Also, if I buy it I only want to play it normally, no cards, online, or ultimate anything, so is there a version that suits best for that?

Edit - also, I keep seeing 'Madden 19 PC (ORIGIN)' in searches. Is Origin a version of the game or is it a seller like Steam is? Can this be bought on Steam at all?

Not sure on the origin or steam part of your question as I'm on Xbox,

but there's two versions of Madden 19, the hof version which is all extras for ultimate team and the standard version which is what would suit you best from what you say your looking for,

Not sure on the origin or steam part of your question as I'm on Xbox,

but there's two versions of Madden 19, the hof version which is all extras for ultimate team and the standard version which is what would suit you best from what you say your looking for,

Cheers. From further reading, I see Origin was created by EA so they didn't have to sell on Steam.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Knex. wrote: »
    I might actually have time to play this year, but it won't be until October unfortunately.

Yeah it's not really been in use I think the last league on boards only had 5-10 members

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Knex. wrote: »

Such a pity.

Remember those days of 32 human players in the franchise.

The switch to Xbox One and PS4 killed it unfortunately.

• Advertisement

brinty wrote: »
    Not sure whats involved tripper, but if you need someone for the crappiest of crap leagues I'd give it a go..

I'm that stupid i have no idea if i need a copy of Madden 19 or whats even involved, so any pointers would help.

I'm on PS4 platform.

Brinty your inbox is full mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Brinty your inbox is full mate

cleared now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Any deals for madden? Tesco stocking it anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

What do people think of it? Played a few hours on PS4, can't for the life of me run the ball.

JaMarcus wrote: »
    What do people think of it? Played a few hours on PS4, can't for the life of me run the ball.

Yeah running the ball is next to impossible for me can't get over 8 yards a game, other than that game is good defense is fun to user linebackers now

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Have only played a little bit so far.

Don't press sprint until there's a big lane, otherwise the defenders disengage the blocks and you get hammered.

Only starting it now on the Xbox, had it on the pc for a trial and it was very good.

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Any deals for madden? Tesco stocking it anyone know?

Haven't seen it on Tesco, but Smyths is 65 gamestop 70 that I seen, if your on Xbox ea access gets it for 60 euro

If anyone is interested MaddenPFL has openings in both a PS4 franchise and an Xbox 1 franchise, team drafts are end of next week or early following week,

Both franchises are five day advances, which will run for three seasons, with current rosters, free agency and drafts each off season, if anyone is interested drop by below and say heli or myself sent you,

https://maddenpfl.com/forums/

• Advertisement

Are there any guides to playing this? I don't think I've ever downloaded a game before so naturally there's no instructions. Presumably there's loads of stuff you can do like defense shifts and hot routes, etc but I haven't a notion.

Advertisement