Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most overated players to put on the green jersey

Options
2»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭DONTMATTER

I suppose you can be really good but still overrated. Like saying someone is the best player ever to play in their position when they're not. I think Ireland's current half back pairing could fit this billing. Murray and Sexton are really, really good but slightly overrated. They both have weaknesses to their game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Dearth of options? Obviously fairly limited but I recall him being useful enough to have BOD running off for example. Worth remembering that Ireland were really, really bad back in the day.

always loved Maggs - over-rated ? - ask BOD - obviously limited ability in comparison but he squeezed every last bit out of his abilities , never shirked a challenge and gave 100% every time . Top bloke , and now onto Simon Easterby , nah this thread is just plain stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

What a petty little thread

I'd never slag a Rugby player at any level. It's a game that requires a lot of courage that most people don't have.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Correct answer is obviously ToH.

Clegg wrote: »
    Correct answer is obviously ToH.

FlawlessFluffyCats-size_restricted.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭thisonetaken

Zebo was massively overrated. His try record for Ireland was atrocious and he was anonymous in most games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Peter Sagan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Roux, maybe. On the other side though, Toner is underrated?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

bobbyss wrote: »
    Dick Spring?
    But maybe he was never rated any way?
    I was going to go for Dick myself two . The ball was like a hot wet soapy potato to Dick . Then he went in to Politics so he could do more damage to Ireland . I think he worked for de Banks after that ........Oh Holy God ...If we didn’t have Dick where might we be ? ? !

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Gmaximum

Frano

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Has Eamon Dunphy or some copy-cat picked one of the very best and said it was him so that he could be ..like...important !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,013 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Peter Sagan

Please give this person the thread. They win.
    blinding wrote: »
    I was going to go for Dick myself two . The ball was like a hot wet soapy potato to Dick . Then he went in to Politics so he could do more damage to Ireland . I think he worked for de Banks after that ........Oh Holy God ...If we didn’t have Dick where might we be ? ? !

Extinct?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

Simon Zebo for me, didn't score much for Ireland, held onto the ball too long and ran down blind alleys most of the time and not to forget his terrible kicking.
    Honourable mention to Paul O'Callaghan in his last few years as he was living off his previous reputation in that he was always "anticipating" contact and going down early so he wouldn't get hurt, protecting himself which I think led to more injuries as he wasn't fully committed.
    NOT trolling, just my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

mags1962 wrote: »

Honourable mention to Paul O'Callaghan in his last few years as he was living off his previous reputation in that he was always "anticipating" contact and going down early so he wouldn't get hurt, protecting himself which I think led to more injuries as he wasn't fully committed.

In fairness Paul O'Callaghan was a far better player than that Donncha O'Connell waster!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Fergus mcFadden

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dr Devious

The claw Peter Clohessy. He enjoyed hurting people and had a mischievous smug demeanor whilst doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

mags1962 wrote: »
    Honourable mention to Paul O'Callaghan in his last few years as he was living off his previous reputation

Not sure I've heard of Paul O'Callaghan...was he a back or forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOHN_70

Davy Tweed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Ross O'Carroll-Kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 13,199 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

mfceiling wrote: »
    Not sure I've heard of Paul O'Callaghan...was he a back or forward?
    Clearly over-hyped. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Heymans

Tadgh Furlong - massively overrated.

Can hold up a scrum and lift in the lineout. Contributes very little other than that.

Average prop in terms of hitting rucks and carrying and tackling.

I get the impression just because he has a dirty culchie head on him and is fat and a farmer he is lauded above all others.

In my opinion hes a standard run of the mill farmer culchie boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Shark has been jumped now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Aaand... I know it's silly season but I think that's quite enough. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement