Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healthy drinks?

Options
  • 30-07-2018 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭

Just curious to bounce around some opinions and ideas on healthy drinks (besides water).

Coconut water , not cheap but a good source of potassium and is low in sugar and for me its in the treat category, have to watch out for brands that are 100% and other ones that add sugar or otherwise flavour it.

Tomato Juice , cheap but generally made from concentrate , is this an issue? But again low in sugar and contains some good nutrients.

Wheat grass , Ive come across everything from Its grass and people don’t eat grass so it pointless and we don’t absorb it , to its great but don’t get the powder only have it fresh?

Kefir milk, realistically you have to make this yourself either by buying the powder or getting your hands on the scoby and keeping it going on a regular basis. I am experimenting with this myself , closest thing I can relate it to is butter milk. Supposed to be good as a probiotic, cant say I notice a difference either way but I like it. I tend to have it in a desert along with some yogurt and berries. Given that the sugar in the milk is used during the process I would see that as a plus.

I would not drink anything labelled as a fruit juice as they are separated from their fibre so I just dismiss them as sugar drinks not much better than coke.

What else are ye drinking out there?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭tmh106

Why not just stick with water? If it was to go for anything other than water maybe it would be milk (maybe even stretch to one of the 'supermilk' products). For the vitamins and min earls you seem to be looking for in your drink I think you would be better ingesting from solid food choices.

My 2¢

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Lots of water (in coffee sometimes), low fat milk, coconut milk in pro shake is nice. Like Coke zero if I've a craving for a fizzy (rare occasion) tbh does no harm.
    My diet covers my micros pretty well, I top off with a multivit to cover all bases.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I keep a big jug of water in the fridge with slices of lemon, lime and cucumber in it. Nice and refreshing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Iced fruit tea / peppermint tea is very nice in hot weather, and just hot fruit / peppermint / chamomile tea in our normal Irish weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Regie93

Also carrot juice is fine. And it's good for health too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement