Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

€20 FSA H2H League

  • 29-07-2018 8:02pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭ duefrine


    Any interest in a H2H 20 Euro league?

    Scoring starts - Gameweek 1

    Maximum size - 20

    Knockout rounds - 2

    Was in 2 of these leagues last year one on boards ( came last ) and one public ( came first ) so you never know how the league will go, keeps it interesting, especially with the 2 knockout rounds....

    I am looking to start this league as the only other H2H on boards is a Draft league... This league will be your standard one..
    Keeping it max 20 ....
    Having 2 knockout rounds, so top 4 go into a semi final and final...
    Winner takes all...
    I will only go ahead with the league with a minimum of 10...

    Only take Paypal ( sent by friend ) 20 euro per team

    If interested please PM for payment details including below information.

    Real Name
    Boards Name
    Team ID
    Team name

    Ragards


«134567

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭ duefrine


    Any interest ?


  • Registered Users Posts: 31,209 ✭✭✭✭ CSF


    I’d be interested if there was gonna be a full 20 alright. Was waiting to see if it fills up first.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ jimmii


    Maybe after last year's h2h people are a bit more wary?


  • Registered Users Posts: 31,209 ✭✭✭✭ CSF


    jimmii wrote: »
    Maybe after last year's h2h people are a bit more wary?

    Wary of?


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ jimmii


    CSF wrote: »
    Wary of?

    Another person pulling a kankan!


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,209 ✭✭✭✭ CSF


    jimmii wrote: »
    Another person pulling a kankan!

    Whaaaaaat?


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ jimmii


    CSF wrote: »
    Whaaaaaat?

    Did you miss that one? Bit of a mess! You would hope it was a one off but guess it's going to make people a bit more cautious.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ McBain11


    Did that not get sorted, no? Btw, does the head to head count as one of your 15 private leagues?


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ jimmii


    McBain11 wrote: »
    Did that not get sorted, no? Btw, does the head to head count as one of your 15 private leagues?

    Still not a peep unfortunately.


  • Registered Users Posts: 31,209 ✭✭✭✭ CSF


    jimmii wrote: »
    Did you miss that one? Bit of a mess! You would hope it was a one off but guess it's going to make people a bit more cautious.

    I’m only reading about it now. That’s definitely something to be cautious about. Jesus I was very close to winning that. Was the guy eventually tracked down? Like if someone from here passed away you’d never even hear about it in most cases.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ jimmii


    CSF wrote: »
    I’m only reading about it now. That’s definitely something to be cautious about. Jesus I was very close to winning that. Was the guy eventually tracked down? Like if someone from here passed away you’d never even hear about it in most cases.

    We tried email but no joy. It's not like they just popped up either they'd been quite involved in a few forums over a couple of years.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ McBain11


    jimmii wrote: »
    Still not a peep unfortunately.
    I read that forum over the past few months. All seems really strange tbh. Hopefully it still gets sorted eventually, otherwise it leaves a nasty taste in the mouth regards the whole FPL game going forward for those who lost out.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ jimmii


    McBain11 wrote: »
    I read that forum over the past few months. All seems really strange tbh. Hopefully it still gets sorted eventually, otherwise it leaves a nasty taste in the mouth regards the whole FPL game going forward for those who lost out.

    Fingers crossed it's resolved but not holding my breath! Not the first time it'd happened and definitely won't be the last!


  • Registered Users Posts: 15,227 ✭✭✭✭ manual_man


    jimmii wrote: »
    Fingers crossed it's resolved but not holding my breath! Not the first time it'd happened and definitely won't be the last!

    I think it would be no harm to have a sticky bold disclaimer at the beginning of the Paid Leagues thread just warning people about the obvious when it comes to this stuff. Vast majority of paid leagues are absolutely fine and run well but the opportunity still exists for a person to do a swifty and take the money and run.


  • Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭ duefrine


    Hi all

    If yous are a bit nervous about the league and not sure it will go well...

    https://touch.adverts.ie/member/625299

    The above is my profile on adverts ( I am more of a reader than a poster on boards....)

    I don't mind collecting the buyins and setting up the league... If their is someone else that wants to do it then grand.....

    I think it's a good structure H2H with a semifinals and final ... Gives everyone a chance to get into the top four...


  • Registered Users Posts: 31,209 ✭✭✭✭ CSF


    duefrine wrote: »
    Hi all

    If yous are a bit nervous about the league and not sure it will go well...

    https://touch.adverts.ie/member/625299

    The above is my profile on adverts ( I am more of a reader than a poster on boards....)

    I don't mind collecting the buyins and setting up the league... If their is someone else that wants to do it then grand.....

    I think it's a good structure H2H with a semifinals and final ... Gives everyone a chance to get into the top four...

    How would you fit the knockout rounds into a 20 person H2H league?


  • Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭ duefrine


    CSF wrote: »
    How would you fit the knockout rounds into a 20 person H2H league?


    The FPL does it it's self .... Top 4 teams go into 2 knockout rounds on the last two game weeks....

    Also their is an option of 1 ( top 2 teams final, last game week ) or 2 ( Top 4 teams go into 2 knockout rounds on the last two game weeks....) Or 3 ( top 8 teams q- final, s- final and final on the least 3 game weeks )...


  • Registered Users Posts: 31,209 ✭✭✭✭ CSF


    duefrine wrote: »
    The FPL does it it's self .... Top 4 teams go into 2 knockout rounds on the last two game weeks....

    Also their is an option of 1 ( top 2 teams final, last game week ) or 2 ( Top 4 teams go into 2 knockout rounds on the last two game weeks....) Or 3 ( top 8 teams q- final, s- final and final on the least 3 game weeks )...
    I just meant because with 38 gameweeks you'd play everyone twice except 2 people. I guess that isn't necessarily the biggest deal in the world.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ McBain11


    Edit.. actually you're right CSF:-) 19 entries would be perfect with a SF and final then...count me in either way.. Like the structure of it


  • Registered Users Posts: 31,209 ✭✭✭✭ CSF


    McBain11 wrote: »
    No, 20 is perfect. Means you play 19 others twice during the season :-) count me in. Like the structure of it
    It doesn't if you have a semi final and a final at the end of it


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ McBain11


    You're too quick for my edit CSF :-)


  • Registered Users Posts: 31,209 ✭✭✭✭ CSF


    jimmii wrote: »
    Fingers crossed it's resolved but not holding my breath! Not the first time it'd happened and definitely won't be the last!
    Did you contact him directly at the email address he uses for Paypal?


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ jimmii


    CSF wrote: »
    Did you contact him directly at the email address he uses for Paypal?

    Yeah and he didn't respond to that either. I assume he just spent the money and figured quitting boards was easier than facing up to what he'd done.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭ patmac


    I’d be interested too. People running off with the funds is unlikely to affect me anyway.


  • Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭ duefrine


    Paid Entrants so far

    duefrine
    McBain11


  • Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭ duefrine


    Any more interest ?


    Will start with a minimum of 10 and max of 20...
    hopefully an even number so we don't have to play with the average,

    TOP 4 teams after GW36 go into two knockout rounds semi final ( GW37 ) and final ( GW38 )





    Below is an copy and paste from the FPL site ......

    Head-to-Head Scoring
    In a league with head-to-head scoring, every team plays a match against another team in the league each Gameweek. The match result is based on the Gameweek score of each team minus any transfer points spent preparing for the Gameweek.

    3 points are awarded for a win and 1 point for a draw, teams are then ranked on points earned in Head-to-Head matches.

    Head-to-Head fixtures are generated at the start of the league's first Gameweek. Once these fixtures have been generated the league is locked and teams will not be able to join or leave.

    If a Head-to-Head league has an odd number of teams then an average team will join the league to ensure each team has a fixture every Gameweek. This team will always score the Gameweek average.

    In the event of a tie between teams, the team who has most game points will be positioned higher.

    Head-to-Head Knock-out stage
    Optionally, a Head-to-Head league may end with a knock-out stage over up to 3 Gameweeks with the league winner decided by a match in the final Gameweek. The automatically entered average team will not enter the knock-out stage, their place being taken by the next placed team.

    In the event of a tie between teams in a Head-to-Head knock-out match, the following tie-breaks will be used:

    Most goals scored in the Gameweek
    Fewest goals conceded in the Gameweek
    Virtual coin toss


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭ Kai Puny Rocker


    I like H2H but not the idea of a top 4 teams do a knockout at GW 36 as if the player and 1st is well ahead of second yet loses in a knockout round its hardly fair. Should be played like a normal league. Just my 2 cent.


  • Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭ duefrine


    I like H2H but not the idea of a top 4 teams do a knockout at GW 36 as if the player and 1st is well ahead of second yet loses in a knockout round its hardly fair. Should be played like a normal league. Just my 2 cent.


    Thanks

    All feedback is welcome...

    I set it up the way it is, to give everyone in the league a chance at making the top four... I find that players loose interest in the league if someone is running away with it...

    It's also give you another option with your free hit / bench boost / wild card.... If it looks like you are going to finish in the top 4 and you have one of these left... Then you can use in a head to head and boost you chances ....


  • Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭ duefrine


    Paid Entrants so far

    duefrine
    McBain11
    patmac


    Pot 60 euro


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭ duefrine


    Last call for interest

    Anyone that wants to join, i will need to receive payment by Friday morning 9.30.....

    Regards


Advertisement