Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Parking Ticket on aSunday

• 29-07-2018 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Just got a €40 parking ticket for parking on double yellow lines in Little Patrick Street. I cant argue because I was parked illegally. Where I was parked was not causing any obstructions. Is this a new thing with the corporation employing traffic wardens on a Sunday. Seems pretty sneaky to me There was 2 other cars next to me also ticketed so that was the warden paid for the day. The warden seem to be having a busy day in the main car park behind Supermacs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

dlnv27 wrote: »
    Just got a €40 parking ticket for parking on double yellow lines in Little Patrick Street. I cant argue because I was parked illegally. Where I was parked was not causing any obstructions. Is this a new thing with the corporation employing traffic wardens on a Sunday. Seems pretty sneaky to me There was 2 other cars next to me also ticketed so that was the warden paid for the day. The warden seem to be having a busy day in the main car park behind Supermacs.
    What exactly seems sneaky to you? That there are wardens operating on Sundays? Regardless of whether you thought you were causing an obstruction, You were parked illegaly? As for the cars parked in the main car park, Is it not pay and display for Sunday also?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭taytobreath

I always thought it was a free for all on sundays, are u sure it wasnt a guard,
    thanks for the heads up by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭eurokev

Absolutely delighted you got ticketed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I always thought it was a free for all on sundays, are u sure it wasnt a guard,
    thanks for the heads up by the way

It is free on Sundays, in council car parks. Double yellow lines are not a council car park and remain illegal to park in 24/7/365.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

eurokev wrote: »
    Absolutely delighted you got ticketed.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how delighted are you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Double yellow lines are a no no 24/7.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Wardens out on Sunday isn't new either. I've seen them around on Sunday and know someone who got done in the coach parking outside Waterford Crystal on the Mall last year when she went to mass. Apparently it's disgraceful to ticket someone who's at mass, as if that nonsense should be an excuse or as if the wardens know where the car owner is.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Ticketed while at mass. Whatever next? Ticketing cars dumped outside GAA grounds during a match?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Should have put your hazards on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Park legally next time and you won't have an issue :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭morebarn2

Would say it was a Garda. Saw a Garda checking out and about to ticket two cars parked at the barriers opposite the Clock Tower ,which prevent cars driving up Barronstrand Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is this a new thing with the corporation employing traffic wardens on a Sunday.
    What next bank robberies legalised - but only on Tuesdays?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭914

Pretty sneaky that you received a ticket for parking on double yellow lines? Seriously?

Most likely you received a ticket from a member of the gardaí. Wardens operate to the hours which apply to parking in waterford. Friday nights, sundays etc.... Would be clearly displayed on parking signs the hours of operations.

You feel you were not causing obstruction by being on double yellow lines. Yellow lines are there for several reasons, viewing reasons, allow access for emergency vehicals, allow movement of delivery vehicles like access for atric trucks for argos etc... Pedestrain safety therefore your parked on double yellow lines so you therefore were causing an obstruction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Needs Must

I'm not a traffic warden but I work on Sundays, is that sneaky too?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dlnv27

914 wrote: »
    Pretty sneaky that you received a ticket for parking on double yellow lines? Seriously?

Most likely you received a ticket from a member of the gardaí. Wardens operate to the hours which apply to parking in waterford. Friday nights, sundays etc.... Would be clearly displayed on parking signs the hours of operations.

You feel you were not causing obstruction by being on double yellow lines. Yellow lines are there for several reasons, viewing reasons, allow access for emergency vehicals, allow movement of delivery vehicles like access for atric trucks for argos etc... Pedestrain safety therefore your parked on double yellow lines so you therefore were causing an obstruction.

It was a traffic warden. He was putting a ticket on a car just past mine as I was leaving

• Registered Users Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

dlnv27 wrote:

Try living in Dublin. Clamping goes on day & night 7 days a week.

Could it have been the Gardai rather than a traffic warden?

914 wrote: »

It was a traffic warden. He was putting a ticket on a car just past mine as I was leaving

I still don't see why this is sneaky? Working on a Sunday ensure cars are not where they shouldn't be. What's wrong a with a that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭taytobreath

we are a small city, like parts of christmas, give people that want to park in town where they wanna park, for free.
    yes i agree double yellow lines are a hanging offence

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭brickysession

I wonder do the same "double yellow lines" mean anything over outside the church in Ferrybank???

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I wonder do the same "double yellow lines" mean anything over outside the church in Ferrybank???

Not only Ferrybank to be fair, same could be said for most churches and schools in the city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭brickysession

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Not only Ferrybank to be fair, same could be said for most churches and schools in the city.

To be fair you are correct, I suppose its just the one that immediately sprang to mind when "double yellow lines" and Mass were mentioned in the same sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

If the ticket was for double yellows in Little Patrick Street it was definitely the Guards. The signature on the ticket will probably have a rank on it?

The traffic wardens work exclusively for Waterford Crystal. They have to make sure coaches can park as close to the Crystal Showrooms as possible in order that they can get tourists back on the bus and out of town as quickly as possible in case they accidentally spend some money somewhere else in town. While the traffic wardens work for a foreign owned company, for some bizarre reason the citizens of Waterford pay their wages. Nobody knows the reasons for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Deise Vu wrote: »
    . While the traffic wardens work for a foreign owned company, for some bizarre reason the citizens of Waterford pay their wages.
    Surely not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Chiparus

If you put you hazards on you can block the only mandatory cycle lane in the city.

Surely not?

The Traffic wardens are Council employees paid for by the Council. Sunday is free parking everywhere unless you park on double yellows or somewhere potentially dangerous which the Guards will look after anyway. Ergo, the only function for the Traffic Wardens on a Sunday is the keep the Mall clear for Waterford Crystal, to get tourists as close as possible to the showrooms going in and leaving.

Chiparus wrote: »
    If you put you hazards on you can block the only mandatory cycle lane in the city.

Are they not called "park anywhere lights"

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dlnv27

Deise Vu wrote: »
    If the ticket was for double yellows in Little Patrick Street it was definitely the Guards. The signature on the ticket will probably have a rank on it?

The traffic wardens work exclusively for Waterford Crystal. They have to make sure coaches can park as close to the Crystal Showrooms as possible in order that they can get tourists back on the bus and out of town as quickly as possible in case they accidentally spend some money somewhere else in town. While the traffic wardens work for a foreign owned company, for some bizarre reason the citizens of Waterford pay their wages. Nobody knows the reasons for this.
    It wasn't the guards. My ticket was issued by TW11.

The Traffic Wardens must have gotten bored down on the Mall so. You were very unlucky because they don't operate every Sunday and don't operate at all when the Crystal Showrooms are closed on Sundays during the Winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

dlnv27 wrote:

You parked on double yellow lines. Do you realise you cannot legally park on double yellow lines at any time? Just accept your fine and move on.

Advertisement