Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker **Spoilers from post 2076**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Runaway hit highest gross beating The force Awakens
    That’s encouraging

https://twitter.com/chrishswift/status/1169099480383180800?s=21

This whole thing is playing in front of the joker and some other films in the US. Anyone seen it in cinemas here? Be cool to see it on a big screen.
    Went to see downton abbbey the other day. Naturally enough it wasn’t played before that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

The original teaser played before my Joker viewing. Typical Ireland.

The original teaser played before my Joker viewing. Typical Ireland.

Oh really? Well at least you got that. No desire at all to see joker. I’ll pass so.
    Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭OU812

They should have put trilogy 2 in the start of that. Cronologically it's incorrect. //nerdmode

Breakdown of that empire article on the rise of skywalker.

No spoilers but Warning. You thought Rey was super powered ‘Mary sue’ before, you’re in for whole new treat :)

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2019/10/rise-skywalker-abrams-terrio-empire.html

The heart of it. we can solve this riddle ... it’s JJ in empire. So obviously no spoilers.

‘“Some people feel like we shouldn’t revisit the idea of Palpatine, and I completely understand that. But if you’re looking at these nine films as one story, I don’t know many books where the last few chapters have nothing to do with those that came before. If you look at the first eight films, all of the set-ups of what we’re doing in IX are there in plain view.”

“For Abrams, bringing the saga to a close has been a unique challenge. “I’ve always loved the start of something,” he told Empire, “because of what it promises. Endings are hard. A great ending not only needs to honor everything that’s come before but, whether it’s a novel, a series or a film, you want to have it feel like it could end no other way.”

For me, Return of the Jedi had such an ending, a feeling that only increased with the release of the prequel trilogy, so I truly hope that The Rise of Skywalker can match the same intense emotion and feeling of satisfaction when the credits roll.

“This story is alive, and you just have to listen to it,” is the only was Abrams could describe it to Empire

• Registered Users Posts: 15,737 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Oh really? Well at least you got that. No desire at all to see joker. I’ll pass so.
    Thank you

Its also before ''Gemini Man'' and its a really good film by the way. I just seen it today. Great trailer too totally surprised me. Really looking forward to it episode IX now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,010 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

So according to the official Twitter, there's a new / final trailer due to drop during US football on Monday, with the internet quick to follow presumably.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Total flop and a financial loss for Disney
    From past experience this tends to be at all hours of the morning .. the football that is.. with the trailer being at half time.. and half time in American Football can sometimes take ages to get to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ErnestBorgnine

Any truth to the multiple different tested endings and massive reshoot rumours??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,137 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Unusual costume from Poe there, thought it was the actor in civvies for a sec

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Any truth to the multiple different tested endings and massive reshoot rumours??

There's no testing with these films. Early screenings would be limited to very small groups of people known to the studio/filmmakers. I'm sure there was lots of little reshoots, just as there was with TLJ and that Abrams is probably dithering about stuff, but I would assume that regardless of rumours. If there was major reshoots it would all over the trades.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ErnestBorgnine

There's no testing with these films. Early screenings would be limited to very small groups of people known to the studio/filmmakers. I'm sure there was lots of little reshoots, just as there was with TLJ and that Abrams is probably dithering about stuff, but I would assume that regardless of rumours. If there was major reshoots it would all over the trades.

when did they stop test screenings or are you referring to Star Wars films in particular?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

when did they stop test screenings or are you referring to Star Wars films in particular?

Star Wars due to secrecy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

It's only a little thing, but nice to see Carrie Fisher get top billing on the poster. A classy little touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Yet not in the actual poster?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Watched 59 seconds and no more. I#m already seeing the movie so no need to see anymore.

Warning for anyone that hasn't seen it... it shows off some nice location shots and certain elements. No need to watch if you're already sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Just watched the trailer. Wow. Goosebumps central. Love what they’ve done with the theme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭RickDeckard

God, what a load of w@nk my beautiful Star Wars has become. Destroyed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Total flop and a financial loss for Disney
    Its bad when I am thinking, what would Lucas have done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

God, what a load of w@nk my beautiful Star Wars has become. Destroyed :(

Ah, wouldn't quite go that far. I think everything Disney has pumped out so far, with the exception of The Last Jedi, has been pretty solid. Although, I have read a leak of the movie's story, and nothing in the trailer contradicts or refutes anything that was in it, but I felt a little underwhelmed by the outcome. In saying that, the visuals I had in my head while reading it, of what we hadn't seen in previous trailers, were nothing like what was in this trailer. It looks great. I have a bit more optimism after seeing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

The C3PO line was pure cringe , when was he friends with these people? Im sure he was thinking of Han and Luke. I cant see them hitting it out of the park with this one, they would need 2 movies, one to undo the damage of the last one and then a final movie. As it is it will probably be compared to the finale of Game of Thrones :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,010 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Looks about as grandiose as I thought Abrams would make it; I see he's also reusing some visual set-pieces from his Trek films too, truly the snake is eating itself.

I'm being honest here, I'll probably check it out; last part of the original story, and myself & the wife get 2 for €10 on weekdays so I won't pretend I won't go.

What I'm seeing isn't that great; just noisy clutter. But it's Disney Star Wars so ... 🤷

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I see Rose is in this one .... :(

Plus side I am looking forward to Palpatine, so it looks like he is physically there not just a force ghost..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

hmmm just realised, if Anakin was forseseen to have destroyed Palpatine, won't he have to come back as some force ghost and finish the job ?

Was the prophecy wrong or what ? I can't believe I'm asking this ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,622 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

hmmm just realised, if Anakin was forseseen to have destroyed Palpatine, won't he have to come back as some force ghost and finish the job ?

I don't even think Disney are stupid enough to bring back Hayden Christensen

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,230 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

As someone largely hostile towards the blockbuster scene these days and unmoved by the prospect of more SW in the future (unless RJ’s new trilogy goes ahead), I still have an inescapable, childlike excitement for this film despite being fairly uninterested in where the story goes (mostly because I think TLJ goes for broke and is a wonderful, satisfying story on its own terms). There’s something about the prospect of the lights going down, the fanfare starting up and one more film with these characters - forgetting for a moment that Disney will absolutely make a sequel in the future :p - that’s got me excited despite my rational side being correctly cautious.

The Force Awakens doesn’t hold up to the same scrutiny as its sequel, but Abrams and co have a knack for traditional, big screen spectacle - and the trailer shows that in abundance. Here’s hoping that, if nothing else, it’ll be a fun, stirring late night trip to the cinema on 18th/19th December. In spite of myself, I’m looking forward to it :)

Advertisement