Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweetener free drinks?

Options
  • 26-07-2018 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

I very rarely during sugary carbonated drinks, except with gin. I used to drink gin and lucozade when I was young but now drink gin and tonic, or I also like club lemon. However since the sugar tax, all drinks seem to have masses of sweetener added and I can't stand the taste of it.
    For some reason I am very sensitive to the taste of sweeteners, such as quinine which is in tonic water , or sweeteners I diet yoghurts etc... The taste seems too intense and coats my tongue, I hate it.
    Any sweetener free suggestions to have on occasion ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Stanford

Gin and sparkling water is very refreshing and sugar free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Stanford

You could also throw in a few berries for natural sweetness,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Stanford wrote: »
    You could also throw in a few berries for natural sweetness,

Thanks, however I do like the sugary taste of drinks, just not the sweetener.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

OP,

Do you want suggestions for drinks that contain sugar but no added artificial sweetener? Or drinks that don't contain added sugar or added artificial sweetener?

OP,

Do you want suggestions for drinks that contain sugar but no added artificial sweetener? Or drinks that don't contain added sugar or added artificial sweetener?

I would like a Sugary carbonated drink that has no artificial sweetener at all .

As I said , I very rarely drink them but an odd time I would like a sugary drink , that doesn't taste of artificial sweetener.

I switched to gin and 7 up last time I was out, but it too has now been destroyed by sweetener.
    On one of the really hot days earlier in the summer , I got a fizzy lemon drink ( can't remember if it was club or fanta) but again I could just taste the sweetener.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I would like a Sugary carbonated drink that has no artificial sweetener at all .

As I said , I very rarely drink them but an odd time I would like a sugary drink , that doesn't taste of artificial sweetener.

I switched to gin and 7 up last time I was out, but it too has now been destroyed by sweetener.
    On one of the really hot days earlier in the summer , I got a fizzy lemon drink ( can't remember if it was club or fanta) but again I could just taste the sweetener.

Coca-cola perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Club Orange

• Registered Users Posts: 39,105 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

For some reason I am very sensitive to the taste of sweeteners, such as quinine which is in tonic water
    Quinine isn't a sweetener. There's no sweetener in regular tonic water (other than sugar).

I didn't realise what quinine was until I looked it up now, very interesting and I do like the bitter taste.
    I think the schwepps tonic water was artificial sweetener free before because I did like it, but now it's not , like the 7up, lucozade , lemon etc...

I didn't realise what quinine was until I looked it up now, very interesting and I do like the bitter taste.
    I think the schwepps tonic water was artificial sweetener free before because I did like it, but now it's not , like the 7up, lucozade , lemon etc...

I see the fever tree tonic has only sugar and no artificial sweetener , which is good . Pity they don't sell the 'fancy stuff' in my local.

• Advertisement
Advertisement