Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Datsun Laurel C130

• 25-07-2018 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9 ✭✭✭ jamesC.

Anyone know if the 1972-1977 Datsun Laurel was officially sold here or if any were imported.
    I would put up a picture of one but my accounts too new

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭ _Brian

I’m going to say yes on this, didn’t it precede the BlueBird ??

Now, living on a border county I may be thinking of imported cars but definitely remember seeing them about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭ RobAMerc

not entirely sure the specific C130, but there definitely was a Laural available on the Irish market.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ✭✭✭ jamesC.

The laurel was a step up from the Bluebird. It was to the Bluebird what the Granada is to the Cortina

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭ CFlat

This thread has taken me back.

My dad bought a Datsun Laurel in and around 78/79. It wasn't new so cant help you OP. Im sure there were loads of Datsun garages around then but this one was bought in a Datsun dealer in Athlone. It was a light blue metallic colour. He later bought a Toyota Super Saloon, again s/h.

Sorry, just reminiscing about my dad here who died three years ago. He also in the early 70s bought a 2000 Rover and later the TC 2002 Rover.

I think he had great taste in cars but then maybe I'm biased.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ✭✭✭ jamesC.

CFlat wrote: »
    This thread has taken me back.

My dad bought a Datsun Laurel in and around 78/79. It wasn't new so cant help you OP. Im sure there were loads of Datsun garages around then but this one was bought in a Datsun dealer in Athlone. It was a light blue metallic colour. He later bought a Toyota Super Saloon, again s/h.

Sorry, just reminiscing about my dad here who died three years ago. He also in the early 70s bought a 2000 Rover and later the TC 2002 Rover.

I think he had great taste in cars but then maybe I'm biased.
    I have to agree with you there. I’d love to see pictures, especially of the laurel if you have any

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭ WestWicklow1

I had an L200 sometime in the early to mid 80s. I remember that model changed to the Laurel and I even bought "Laurel" badges to replace the "L200" badges on the front wings. Loved that car. Mine was light green metallic.

I have a picture somewhere. Wonder if I can find it....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭ Arthur Daley

Can't recall seeing a C130 style Laurel around here. Obviously plenty of C230s were sold in Ireland in the late 70s. Would be a cool thing to have one of these big old jap barges (the Crown too) on the street nowadays.

Advertisement