Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal v Tyrone predictions?

Options
  • 25-07-2018 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭

Can Donegal go through to the semi-finals with an advantage at home?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Its an advantage but Tyrone have the advantage of knowing a draw with put them through and knowing its a Donegal side without Paddy McBrearty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭doc_17

Don2012 wrote: »

Wtf kind of post is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Fancied Donegal to win in Ballybofey,sticking with them even in Eoghan Ban's absence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,924 ✭✭✭threeball

With McBrearty and Gallagher I'd be fairly sure Donegal would win this one but now I'm not so sure. Still not convinced about Tyrone. Saturday was a pretty lacklustre performance given home advantage and the chance to go straight to the semis but the Donegal injuries and lack of real depth might be their undoing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

threeball wrote: »
    With McBrearty and Gallagher I'd be fairly sure Donegal would win this one but now I'm not so sure. Still not convinced about Tyrone. Saturday was a pretty lacklustre performance given home advantage and the chance to go straight to the semis but the Donegal injuries and lack of real depth might be their undoing.

I'd disagree with the lack of depth, we actually have a really good bench. The problem is that the players we have lost are top level players not stragglers.

McCarron is also a massive blow for Tyrone.

I'd still fancy Donegal to win to be honest. McCumhaill park is a bit of a fortress and we're the Ulster Champs for a reason.

Will be a fascinating game, not in a score for score way but in a gruelling tactical battle. Not everyones cup of tea but I look forward to it and I'm hopeful our improved attacking displays will be enough to break down the fearsome Tyrone back 6.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

doc_17 wrote:

It's post about an upcoming GAA football game between Donegal and Tyrone here in the GAA forum.

The OP (original poster) is setting up a platform to discuss the game.

Stoner wrote: »
    It's post about an upcoming GAA football game between Donegal and Tyrone here in the GAA forum.

The OP (original poster) is setting up a platform to discuss the game.

It’s being played here in the forum? That’s the type of **** response that gets posted when you take things literally Stoner.

You know what I meant, it’s like “coming up after the commercial break”!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

OP, I'd direct you to ask this in the Super 8's thread, but thanks to some jumped up, fancy Dan, pedantic jackanapes with fierce notions about themselves....we don't have one.

They know who they are !

(Tyrone by 2 btw.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭Don2012

doc_17 wrote: »

What is wrong with it? Discussions about the upcoming game and getting others opinions on it. It's a big match and as a Donegal supporter I can't wait!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

It's a match thread, nothing wrong with it.

It's now a championship knock out game for both teams. No harm to have a thread.

• Advertisement

My money is on Donegal anyway. It's the most exciting prospect left in the competition imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Don2012 wrote: »

The advantage of Ballybofey is offset somewhat by the loss of McBrearty. Personally I've been more impressed by Donegal when I've seen them this year than I have been with Tyrone.

But this one is as near to a 50-50 game as you'll get, very hard to call. With gun to head I'd go Donegal by a point or two but there will be nothing in it and these tight games usually come down to small margins where a sending off, a fortuitous goal, a bad refereeing decision, a bounce of a ball this way or that way could nudge it in one team's favour. It will be a war of attrition though and Tyrone do that better than most.

I have to apologise. I thought I was in the Donegal thread when I looked at that post and thought it was weirdly out of place in tone.

Apologies to the OP and Stoner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

I have a sneaky feeling Tyrone will win by a point or two.

Advertisement