Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road relay, advise on setting up routes

Options
  • 24-07-2018 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to set up a relay for run from Limerick to Greystones for charity. There will be 10 of us doing it. I'm looking for advice on what way to set it up.

The idea would be to raise money with bucket collections through major towns.
    But I guess we'd have to drive the route etc to see which actually route we shold take.
    I'd also see issues with raising anything on a night run as there will be nobody about.

Anybody have any input, positive or negative.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Derek Mackessy who work at University of Limerick sports arena be the man to talk to.

Unfortunately I don't have his phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

I'm trying to set up a relay for run from Limerick to Greystones for charity. There will be 10 of us doing it. I'm looking for advice on what way to set it up.

The idea would be to raise money with bucket collections through major towns.
    But I guess we'd have to drive the route etc to see which actually route we shold take.
    I'd also see issues with raising anything on a night run as there will be nobody about.

Anybody have any input, positive or negative.

I am open to correction here but With the bucket collections you need to garda permission for every location you do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

@ djemba djemba - I think we have somebody looking after that, it's really the route I'm concerned about.

@ YFlyer - Thanks. Any reason in particular?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

@ YFlyer - Thanks. Any reason in particular?

Derek just ran from Bray Head (Wicklow) to Bray Head (Kerry) for charity, so he might know a lot of things that might be helpful to you. It was a solo run rather than a relay, but he might still know the best way for route finding and so on.

Easiest way to find him might be on facebook.

Advertisement