Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic Floor - New Build Home

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

Its pretty difficult to get out of a shed if the way out is on fire :rolleyes:

GreeBo wrote: »
    Just put the mattress on the floor in another room or in the sitting room or any room that isnt a death trap.

Fires are very annoying, they always happen at the most annoying of times. :rolleyes:

Fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Poncke wrote:
    I appreciate your concern though. Could you link me to a source that says what I am doing is not regulatory? I am more than happy to refrain from placing a bed in the attic if it is not allowed.

I wouldn't sleep in an attic like this.

Ladder to access. No fire escape, dust and fibres, bugs and insects. No heating, etc etc. Not great.

Can't they sleep on living room floor?

Awful way to treat people. If you think it's OK give them your bed and sleep up there yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,088 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Poncke wrote: »
    Its pretty difficult to get out of a shed if the way out is on fire :rolleyes:

1) No it isn't, you just go out the door, it might not be fun, but you will get out.
    You simply wont make it out of an attic.

2) Are you actually planning on sleeping in a shed or are you just arguing some random point that makes you feel better about putting people into an unsuitable attic?

Either way, do what you want, makes zero difference to me and I'm done trying to help you.

GreeBo wrote: »
    1) No it isn't, you just go out the door, it might not be fun, but you will get out.
    You simply wont make it out of an attic.

2) Are you actually planning on sleeping in a shed or are you just arguing some random point that makes you feel better about putting people into an unsuitable attic?

Either way, do what you want, makes zero difference to me and I'm done trying to help you.

Calm down, I have already said I wont put a bed in following your advice.

Why do people get upset when someone is just having a discussion and asking questions to get a better understanding.

• Advertisement

Lantus wrote: »
    I wouldn't sleep in an attic like this.

Ladder to access. No fire escape, dust and fibres, bugs and insects. No heating, etc etc. Not great.

Can't they sleep on living room floor?

Awful way to treat people. If you think it's OK give them your bed and sleep up there yourself.

Get off your high horse.

I have been in the army for 12 years, 3 tours in Bosnia, sleeping in an attic is an overabundance of luxury. Depends on how you've been raised though. And I always hand over our bedroom to our guests if the situation calls for it. I am more than happy to sleep in the attic.

There are no bugs, there is no dust, its a new house and I keep my house tidy. Heat can be provided if needed. A ladder to the attic, my word the horror. No fire-escape, already discussed, I won't put a bed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Poncke wrote: »
    Get off your high horse.

I have been in the army for 12 years, 3 tours in Bosnia, sleeping in an attic is an overabundance of luxury. Depends on how you've been raised though. And I always hand over our bedroom to our guests if the situation calls for it. I am more than happy to sleep in the attic.

There are no bugs, there is no dust, its a new house and I keep my house tidy. Heat can be provided if needed. A ladder to the attic, my word the horror. No fire-escape, already discussed, I won't put a bed in.

OP, aka as R. Lee Ermey, take the log out of your own eye before......
    In terms of dust, if the insulation is fibre glass in the attic, then there is always dust up there, dust which has a particulate size known to give rise to lung cancer.
    But of course given your background you already know all this, as well as everything else.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Cool story

Advertisement