Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Christmas boxes

• 22-07-2018 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭ Whiplashy

I’ve been gathering up a lot of little bits and pieces with the intention of putting together a sort of hamper for a friend. I still want the excitement of not knowing what’s inside though. Is there such a thing as large Christmas gift boxes and where would I look for them closer to the time? Googling is not making me optimistic.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭ mirrorwall14

And this is the Christmas forum!

Depends on what you need Op? Like is it a hamper? Or a decorated cardboard box? Or something more fancy like a wooden Christmas Eve box?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,203 ✭✭✭✭ freshpopcorn

It all really depends op. What's the budget?
    Do you want some kind of fancy box or just a box wrapped.
    What do you want it to include?
    Is it times that would be useful for them over Christmas such as food/etc. Or more something novelty like with candles,books,etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭ Whiplashy

My preference would be a cardboard decorated box with a lid. I did find one option online but it’s only about the size of a shoebox. I’ve already gathered up quite a few food items and beauty products. I know I could just use wrapping paper on a plain box, but I don’t want it to feel cheap. I could go for a large gift bag I suppose. Packaging isn’t my strong point.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ vectorvictor

Theres about 10000 options here and some pretty large ones (you now have me shopping for Christmas in July lol)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=large+christmas+gift+box

Most won't deliver to Ireland so use with parcel motel or similar

Whiplashy wrote: »
    My preference would be a cardboard decorated box with a lid. I did find one option online but it’s only about the size of a shoebox. I’ve already gathered up quite a few food items and beauty products. I know I could just use wrapping paper on a plain box, but I don’t want it to feel cheap. I could go for a large gift bag I suppose. Packaging isn’t my strong point.

Stencil a big plain cardboard box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ vectorvictor

Love this !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭ Whiplashy

Thanks guys :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 26,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Posy

Easons, Arnotts, Dunnes, Hallmark and the Card Gallery do lovely cardboard gift boxes, in various sizes.
    They don't stock them until November though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 Glitzgirl

Whiplashy wrote: »

If you wait for a few weeks dunnes do lovely boxes in 3 different sizes. You can buy some cellophane from a hobby shop or even dealz and do a hamper . They are lovely when done and the boxes are reasonably cheap if I remember from last year !

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ tomo75

Where can the stencils be purchased??

• Advertisement

tomo75 wrote: »
    Where can the stencils be purchased??

Not a notion, I was just googling at the time! Sorry

Advertisement