Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,732 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

pixelburp wrote: »
    Can't say I follow West's career with any great eagerness, but this is the point where I wonder about his mental state. I remember South Park skewering him years ago for his mercurial ways; this whole affair reminds how the only difference between "mentally ill" and "eccentric" is money or talent - but especially money. Kanye West ain't well, he needs a support network but is a rich musician probably surrounded by sycophants and hangers on. He hasn't a hope (and that's before you get got he question of whether his mental state plays a part of that musical talent, an even larger minefield TBH)

You’ll be pleased to know who else is on file at the FEC

Screen-Shot-2020-07-19-at-8.11.01-PM-768x225.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,031 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Shelga wrote: »
    That's the thing, why is his family allowing him to do this? They are meant to protect him. He is bipolar and clearly struggling.

I'd also like to look into the wider question of what the hell the Kardashian do to the males in their orbit, but probably best for another setting.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,023 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

What are you basing this on though? I'm not seeing any sign that Trump's base has deserted him.

His polling numbers have dropped significantly with the over 65s and he is pumping money into TV ads within heavily red areas and states he won in 2016 by large margins.

I agree his the core 'I believe Trump over science' base hasn't left him but the softer edges of it looks to have gone or they are very concerned it will.

Sand wrote: »
    Nobody can pretend the pandemic is a serious concern anymore. Not after one month of mass gatherings and rioting in US cities, which was endorsed by the good and the great despite the pandemic. That narrative is over.

Have you seen the New York numbers, where thousands of people have protested on a daily basis for the last two months and the virus numbers have nearly consistently dropped?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

What are you basing this on though? I'm not seeing any sign that Trump's base has deserted him.
    Foxtrol wrote: »
    His polling numbers have dropped significantly with the over 65s and he is pumping money into TV ads within heavily red areas and states he won in 2016 by large margins.

I agree his the core 'I believe Trump over science' base hasn't left him but the softer edges of it looks to have gone or they are very concerned it will.

There has been a softening of his support among Republicans - Previously he was running at 91/92% support with Republicans , but he's now sitting low to mid 80's.

The "Trump" core is still there , but the more moderate Republicans (such as they are) are bailing out

His support among Independents is down massively as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    There has been a softening of his support among Republicans - Previously he was running at 91/92% support with Republicans , but he's now sitting low to mid 80's.

The "Trump" core is still there , but the more moderate Republicans (such as they are) are bailing out

His support among Independents is down massively as well.

I was specifically talking about his base which would always be a seperate demographic from the people wearing MAGA hats and attending his rallies.

Anyone outside this I can't see voting for him on any sort of meaningful scale, certainly not enough for him to win.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I can't see that Fox interview doing well for his numbers either: again if we take the concept of the moderate Republican - and moderate Fox viewer who can parse the journalism from the polemics - then watching that chat with Wallace they can't possibly be impressed with the floundering, agitated performance. Not exactly the "intensely masculine" vibe, as described by a GOP sycophant about Trump's wearing of a mask. More like the panicky grifter out of his depth.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

pixelburp wrote: »
    I can't see that Fox interview doing well for his numbers either: again if we take the concept of the moderate Republican - and moderate Fox viewer who can parse the journalism from the polemics - then watching that chat with Wallace they can't possibly be impressed with the floundering, agitated performance. Not exactly the "intensely masculine" vibe, as described by a GOP sycophant about Trump's wearing of a mask. More like the panicky grifter out of his depth.

I'm not sure what he is actually capable of doing that would improve his numbers right now.

There are more than a few things that he could/should be doing , but he is simply not equipped to do them.

At this stage his chances revolve around a few things , in no particular order of likelihood or impact.
    • An October Surprise engineered by Barr that lands punches
    • Biden Gaffs as he starts to campaign more visibly
    • Covid impacting voter turn-out in key states
    • Voter suppression and general silly GOP buggers tied to the loss of the Consent decree

None of those are related to Trump doing a better job or voters viewing Trump in a better light - There is no way for him to do that at this stage.

He either damages Biden or damages the election , that's his only hope at a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Watch his supporters now scramble to say that

A) they always thought wearing a mask was the right thing to do or

B) it's a message from Q - wear only black masks. White ones let the 5g in.

Either way, it's a huge climbdown for trump and everyone but his aren't ardent supporters will see it as such

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1285299379746811915?s=19

everlast75 wrote: »
    Watch his supporters now scramble to say that

A) they always thought wearing a mask was the right thing to do or

B) it's a message from Q - wear only black masks. White ones let the 5g in.

Either way, it's a huge climbdown for trump and everyone but his aren't ardent supporters will see it as such

That doesn't look like he wrote it, trying way too hard.

Even if it is him, he is being forced into it and will lash out. Even when asked by Wallace he said he was against mandating masks and this is still the only time he has worn one (he was told he wasnt allowed in the hospital unless he did).

He has tweeted this but I'd nearly guarantee that he'll say something that negates it in the next 72 hours. He won't be able to help himself

• Advertisement

That doesn't look like he wrote it, trying way too hard.

Even if it is him, he is being forced into it and will lash out. Even when asked by Wallace he said he was against mandating masks and this is still the only time he has worn one (he was told he wasnt allowed in the hospital unless he did).

He has tweeted this but I'd nearly guarantee that he'll say something that negates it in the next 72 hours. He won't be able to help himself

This kind of thing from the Lincoln Project will push him over the edge to pull back even quicker.

From a national health perspective I hope he doesn't.

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1285312077658238976?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Cody montana

This kind of thing from the Lincoln Project will push him over the edge to pull back even quicker.

From a national health perspective I hope he doesn't.

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1285312077658238976?s=20

Was he mocking Biden over wearing a mask?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,135 ✭✭✭✭Water John

No, the Lincoln Project are very quick witted, really is George Conway's style.
    They're trumping him.

Tucker is one of Trump's biggest surrogates. Perhaps he went fishing for a reason other than that racist bs....

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1285293279605600256?s=19

Hannity named too.

Yep Hannity in some incident where the poor woman was still plugged into her seat with microphone wires and couldn't leave while Hannity made a show off the air of putting $100 on the table for any crew member to go have drinks with her. Apparently this dragged on for a couple minutes.

Was he mocking Biden over wearing a mask?

Trump basically mocked Biden for wearing a mask by retweeting this when Biden made his first public appearance when lockdown was lifted and wore one.

https://twitter.com/brithume/status/1265045009323241472?s=20

Well, I guess someone should go ask Bill Clinton whether he feels the same way?????

https://twitter.com/woodruffbets/status/1285689059831099392?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I think we can be almost certain now that Gislaine Maxwell has dirt on Trump

Maryland republican candidate gets physical with a man destroying not one, but two of his signs that read "Allah Bless America." She also stole his US flag from him, before handing it off to someone else, which eventually made its way back to him. She eventually sics the cops on him, falsely reporting that he is inciting violence.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/hvlsy9/michael_picard_trolls_trump_rally_gets_attacked/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

• Registered Users Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I think we can be almost certain now that Gislaine Maxwell has dirt on Trump

According to the Mooch, he's signalling to her not to talk by wishing her well

https://twitter.com/Scaramucci/status/1285893379444871168?s=19

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    According to the Mooch, he's signalling to her not to talk by wishing her well

https://twitter.com/Scaramucci/status/1285893379444871168?s=19

You mean like this kind of "goods"?

A former employee of late pedophile Jeffrey Epstein claims she walked in on him and his alleged fixer Ghislaine Maxwell as they joked about “randy Andy” while watching a video of Prince Andrew with a topless woman, according to a report.

Tiffany Doe, 48, who didn’t want to reveal her real name, told the UK’s Sun that she was at the financier’s Manhattan home when she stumbled on the pair watching the secretly recorded clip of the Duke of York and the woman.

And perhaps more worrying for any others that might have spent time at Epsteins various residences
    Doe told the outlet that “it was an open secret” that Epstein had cameras in the bedrooms.

“Jeffrey spent a lot of time in that room watching videos. I am sure he had videos of girls and guys having sex that he watched as a voyeur because that was what he was like,” she said.

“But he let everyone know he had power. Power over all these rich and famous people who came to his house. So what would that power be? It was pretty obvious,” the woman continued.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭briany

If you subscribe to the theory that Epstein's death was in fact an assassination sponsored by erstwhile associates of his who didn't want their dodgy escapades at his mansion revealed to the world, then wouldn't that raise the question of why he didn't die sooner? Like if there was a suspicion of him having tapes of them doing stuff and therefore having the power to ruin their reputation, you'd think they wouldn't like that and want him out of the way.

But it also raises the question of what happened to those tapes, if they indeed exist, as Epstein's death wouldn't have destroyed the tapes. Was there any "mysterious" fires or burglaries at his house, or houses in or around the time of his arrest and death?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

There were raids on his island shortly after his death a day or two after his death, though they were by the FBI as opposed to any unknown break ins etc.

I don't however see why he would have committed suicide - why didn't he when he was caught the first time? He good as walked free over that one by the guy Trump appointed to be his chief of staff (Alex Acosta, who if he is to believed claims he was told to leave it because it was 'above his pay grade' and that Epstein 'belonged to intelligence'. So why off himself then when there was a huge chance of the same happening all over again. And how did he manage to do so in the exact time his guards (both of them) happened to have napped off on the job, and how did he know to do it at the exact time the security cameras went on the fritz, causing the footage of the outside of his cell to be "unusable" which a while later changed to "deleted". And how was it that the video of his first alleged suicide attempt (remember he managed to pull all the above improbabilities off while on suicide watch), the video of which was also mysteriously deleted before anyone got to see it?

To be honest, it just doesn't add up. Like, at all.

Overheal wrote: »
    Maryland republican candidate gets physical with a man destroying not one, but two of his signs that read "Allah Bless America." She also stole his US flag from him, before handing it off to someone else, which eventually made its way back to him. She eventually sics the cops on him, falsely reporting that he is inciting violence.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/hvlsy9/michael_picard_trolls_trump_rally_gets_attacked/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

He says she put a $100k harassment lawsuit on him, after she assaulted him twice.

Trump goes on to Fox *again* clearly because his ego can't take people laughing at him over his brag at being able to identify an elephant.

Of course, it all went swimmingly...

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1286105602205405184?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

everlast75 wrote:
    Of course, it all went swimmingly...

Jesus that's terrifying, I do think he may have some sort of learning disability though

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Jesus that's terrifying, I do think he may have some sort of learning disability though

And what's worse is that "test" was two years ago.

According to a WH reporter, that was the last time the Press Secretary referenced any cognitive test. There has not been one referenced since.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Someone needs to take the test shovel off him as I don't think the test proves what he thinks it proves. He's said the doctors were amazed he did so well on the test, which means the doctors had concerns about his cognitive state.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

And cafeteria worker on the White House grounds has tested positive for covid-19 but staffers have been told to not panic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    And cafeteria worker on the White House grounds has tested positive for covid-19 but staffers have been told to not panic.

theyre safe, trump has it under control:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement