Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever want to go out and have no one to go out with?

Options
  • 21-07-2018 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Ok so I'm 27, I was redirected here from a different page. I have a boyfriend, long term been with him since I was 20.. he's great and all but sometimes, I just want to go out (partying) with someone other than him especially when he's going out with his own friends . For example, there's a big night on in my home town tomorrow night, there will be loads of people out . I will know a lot of people, a lot of school acquaintances as opposed to friends. I would love to head out tomorrow night and have a great time but my 5 girlfriends are all in Thailand (i couldn't go due to work).
    I suppose I kind of want to know/get advice on 2 things.
    1. Is there any way I can find girls online maybe in my area, who would love a night out too but just has no one to go out with and in the same boat as me?

2. I would love to go out but I would hate to look desperate in front of people who I know quite well from being classmates for example by messaging them on Facebook about a night out last minute even though I never went out with them before and would only speak to them if I met them out in public etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

What's stopping you gong out on your own to meet up with old friends? Bringing a wingman/woman would only leave them feeling isolated once you reacquaint with your old friends. Just go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Megslee

What's stopping you gong out on your own to meet up with old friends? Bringing a wingman/woman would only leave them feeling isolated once you reacquaint with your old friends. Just go for it.

Walking into a pub/night club on my own and not even being sure if I will meet an old friend doesn't sit well with me 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Megslee

Megslee wrote: »
    Walking into a pub/night club on my own and not even being sure if I will meet an old friend doesn't sit well with me 😂

I once lost my boyfriend at the door of a night club and asked a girl who was on the way in if I could walk in with her coz I didn't want to be seen on my own as I think I'd look like a loner, so this isn't an option for me haha

Advertisement