Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Transfer to psni

• 18-07-2018 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ ctaylorf

Hi,

I’m looking to transfer over from an English force but can’t seem to find much information on the process. Can anyone shed any light for me please?
    Do I need to apply during the normal recruitment campaign? And would I be required to go through training school again? Would psni match my salary if I’ve already got a couple years service?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ NemesisEejit

Yes, yes and yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ldngal18

Your salary will be that of any normal PSNI trainee during GV. GV is five months long so if you're 3 years in as a PC with a mainland force the salary drop for nearly half a year is probably worth factoring in!

After that it will be whatever it was on the PC payscale before you came over the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 pom16

The cost of living is less over here so I’d say it would be about even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭ Goonerdee

Apparently there will be a fresh campaign in the Autumn. You will have to go through training but I think they adapt your probation as you have already gone through that.

Advertisement