Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I being unreasonable or are they being selfish?

Options
  • 14-07-2018 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

Ok, so I'm currently experiencing a situation with a close friend.

We've known each other and been friends nearly 10 years now.

I can't drive as of yet myself, but am taking lessons at the moment. My friend has their own car.

We've always met up fairly regularly for nights out, and for coffees at weekends outside of work. Recently, a close family member of mine has been diagnosed with cancer, and now my friend is getting annoyed that I can't meet up as often as I once did, due to my relative's serious condition. They know the difficult situation I am in, as it stands (I can't drive, and rely on lifts, sometimes I can't get lifts into town to meet up, and I am so busy looking after my relative, so it's fair to say my circumstances have changed pretty dramatically.) They will text at an hours notice, most times, asking to meet up.

Has my friend a 'right' to be annoyed, or are they just being selfish?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

They’re being controlling and selfish

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

They are being very selfish. Could you ask her to come out to yours for coffee instead??explain that its so hard to get into town right now and that you cant leave your relative incase they need you.
    If she wants to meet you and is a good enough friend, she will make the effort.

Advertisement